Author Topic: The Lady of the Lake: Epilogue (Completed)  (Read 61108 times)

Offline betabee

• scientific simmer
  • Townie
Re: The Lady of the Lake: Chapter 20 - Merlin's Friend
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2013, 04:18:59 AM »
Yay! Dr who references!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's the tenth doctor- he seems to be missing his long coat though.
Scientia Immortal Dynasty    -Christmas special: Snowflake days of futures past
Riversong 4x4 Dynasty
Stories are updated on Sundays!

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2013, 05:16:35 AM »
Yay! Dr who references!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's the tenth doctor- he seems to be missing his long coat though.

betabee is correct!  It's meant to be the 10th Doctor but I couldn't get his wardrobe to match the images I had.  That coat from the 5th Avenue Collection was the best I could do.   :'(
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline betabee

• scientific simmer
  • Townie
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2013, 06:54:37 AM »
betabee is correct!  It's meant to be the 10th Doctor but I couldn't get his wardrobe to match the images I had.  That coat from the 5th Avenue Collection was the best I could do.   :'(

Well, he doesn't always wear the long coat so it works fine!  :D
Scientia Immortal Dynasty    -Christmas special: Snowflake days of futures past
Riversong 4x4 Dynasty
Stories are updated on Sundays!

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2013, 10:19:56 AM »
I think you did a rather good job on him.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »
Arthurian legend combined with Doctor Who--it couldn't be more awesome. :D

So the new couple is headed to Dragon Valley. This ought to be fun!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2013, 12:59:17 PM »
Oh, lovely! Did you re-color the LLAMA to get the Tardis? I can't wait to see what Galeas is like.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2013, 01:41:32 PM »
It looks like CC to me. The LLAMA is more and bigger windows, and the sign is missing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2013, 04:37:49 PM »
Squirt is right.  I found the TARDIS on a CC site.  PM me if you want to know the details.

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline Nancy1989

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2013, 05:03:05 PM »
This is amazing! I have been following this story for a while now but after reading how you combined the Doctor with an Arthurian legend I just had to compliment you. Well done! Also, I like that it's the Tenth. He's my favourite Doctor.

Offline Banana Bender

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2013, 05:27:11 PM »
This is amazing! I have been following this story for a while now but after reading how you combined the Doctor with an Arthurian legend I just had to compliment you. Well done! Also, I like that it's the Tenth. He's my favourite Doctor.

Me too.  You did a pretty good job on him.

I wondered who the person was who had been turned into a statue.  That was a neat way to wrap the loose end of the evil Lady Nivianna.  RaiaDraconis seemed worried about her and I did think she was going to come back and wreck things.

Also, Magz, just because you have written a fabulous proposal scene, doesn't let you off the hook for an awesome wedding scene.  You know your readers expect it!  I can't wait to read this set of vows.  I don't know how you can top Duty Calls or Islands of Sunset Valley.  ;D

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2013, 08:45:35 PM »
But she already wrote the awesome wedding scene. Didn't you see them exchanging rings?

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2013, 12:20:41 AM »
Squirt is right BB.  Sir Bors gave Lady Valerie his ring.  In medieval times, they didn't have the whole rigmarole we know of now and often just the words spoken in front of their family were all that was necessary.  I hadn't written a wedding scene for them (awesome or otherwise), does anyone else think it's necessary?

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2013, 12:22:15 AM »
No, not at all.  I think the simple ceremony fits them anyway, aside from the customs of the day, something simple, just the two of them fits Sir Bors and Lady Valery very well ^^

Offline Nancy1989

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2013, 03:01:30 AM »
It was beautiful the way you wrote it. They're heading to the future, a huge wedding ceremony would only draw attention to them and thus it would raise questions about their disappearance eventually. So no, I don't think it's necessary. :)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Lady of the Lake: Chapter 21 - Bigger on the Inside!
« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2013, 08:53:50 AM »
Lady of the Lake:  Chapter 21 – Bigger on the Inside!

Merlin’s ghost and the Doctor soon joined Sir Bors and Lady Valerie in the garden.   “Are you two ready to begin the next part of the quest?” Merlin asked, silently pleased that his machinations had worked out so well. 

“Yes,” Sir Bors replied.  “Would now be a good time to cure me of witchitude before I make any more mistakes?”

Merlin shrugged.  “If you practice it enough, you might find it a useful tool.  However among the elixirs Morgan le Fay has given you is a Potent Cure Elixir in a round blue bottle.  Use that anytime you wish to be cured.”

The Doctor unlocked the blue box and went inside followed by Merlin and then Sir Bors with Lady Valerie.  “How astonishing!” gasped Lady Valerie as she stepped inside, “It is so much bigger on the inside!”

“How is that possible?” asked Sir Bors.

Merlin turned to Sir Bors, “This machine is called a TARDIS and she is dimensionally transcendental, which simply means, that she is as big or as small as the Doctor wants her to be.  I refer to the TARDIS as ‘she’ because all ships are considered female.  However, this ship, this machine, is sentient so be polite to her and you should have no problems. Incidentally Doctor, why did you choose to use this old control room?”

The Doctor replied, “I thought it would be less intimidating for our guests than the control room I’ve been using lately.  And my TARDIS is not inherently problematic Merlin, you simply annoy her with your constant fiddling with her controls.”  Lady Valerie and Sir Bors looked around the cavernous room and wondered at the strange machine before them that can be annoyed. 

Merlin shrugged and replied, “I have a curious soul, you know that.”

“I do, old friend… but she still doesn’t like it.  It is time for you to return to Avalon.”

Lady Valerie was startled and disturbed that Merlin was leaving.  Sir Bors noting her anxiety asked, “Can you not come with us to the future Merlin?  You seem to know so much and it may be useful to have your guidance.”

“Alas, no, I have other matters to attend to.”

Lady Valerie hugged Merlin and whispered through tears, “Thank you for everything you have done for me over the years.  Will we see you again?”

“I have no idea at this point in time.  But time is relative, especially in space.  Goodbye my dear child.  I shall miss you terribly.” 

Merlin faded and Sir Bors turned to the Doctor.  “Lady Valerie is very tired, is there a place where she can sleep?”

“Indeed there is,” replied the Doctor.  “You can use the rose bedroom.  Come with me.”

They followed the Doctor along a labyrinth of corridors and stopped at a large double door.  “Please remember, do not try for a baby until after Galahad is reborn.  I don’t want another Melody Pond/River Song paradox!”  The newlyweds didn’t understand the reference but did note his instructions as the Doctor showed them the spacious suite. 

“You will find different clothes in this dresser.  When you are ready, just open the drawer and the dresser will choose clothes for you.  Tap the looking glass and it will assist you to select any hairstyle or makeup you wish.  Through that door is an ablutions facility for your use. ”

“Where you are going you will no longer be a king or a knight, Bors, so I will dispense with using your titles.  The good news is that you don’t need witnesses to the consummation of your marriage.  Later, when you both are more refreshed, join me in the library across the corridor.  Good day.”  The doctor closed the doors and left the newlyweds alone.

Bors turned to Valerie stroking her cheek, “My lady, you are very tired and it seems that we are to share this one bedchamber.  I still have some residual effects from your invigorating elixir, so I will guard you while you sleep.”

“No titles my love.  We must remember that.  Yes I am tired but not that tired.”  Valerie whispered in his ear.  “I want to share this bedchamber and that bed with you.”

“Are you sure?” Bors asked cupping her face.

“Absolutely!” replied a decisive Valerie.

Bors enthusiastically complied with his wife’s wishes.  Afterwards, both fell into a deep sleep, dreaming of the wondrous turn of events as they snuggled together and slept the slumber of the exhausted.

Eventually they woke, somewhat disorientated and ever so slightly awkward.  Neither was yet comfortable waking up in bed with another person.  After making the bed, Valerie admired her ring as Bors scouted out the ablutions facilities.

“Come and see this,” Bors called from the other room.  Valerie walked into the most amazing bathroom, she had ever seen.  The water closet and basin she understood.  She had no idea what the shower was but was truly astonished at the deep roman style bath. 

“Do you think we can use this?” asked Valerie.

“I hope so.  I am sure the Doctor would have told us if we are not allowed to.”

“This is not unlike the roman baths in Bath; and it is more than big enough for two,” suggested Valerie. 

“It is also very private as the only door into this space is the door from the bedchamber.” Bors replied.  They both climbed in and the water foamed into bubbles.  “I do like the bubbles.  The roman baths in Bath do not have bubbles.  I wonder if this is standard plumbing for the future or just this machine.”

“This is wonderful.  I am going to enjoy this very much,” whispered Valerie cuddling into her husband.  After a very long and pleasant bathe, the newlyweds climbed out.

“How does one empty this?” asked Valerie.  “I cannot find a drain.”

“Since it had water in it when we came, perhaps it does not need the water to be emptied.”

“In that case, let us have a look at the clothing.” 

Valerie hurried to the dresser the Doctor had indicated and opened the drawer.  To her astonishment, the dresser had a huge selection of gowns most of which Valerie considered were far too short for her.  When Valerie selected a gown, she found herself dressed in an entirely different outfit.  It appeared that the dresser was sentient as well.  When it continually chose the wrong garments for her, Valerie gave the dresser a scathing look and wondered if she should give it an icy blast.  Finally it allowed her to choose a gown she felt comfortable wearing in company.  Tapping on the looking glass, Valerie then selected a new hairstyle she deemed suitable for a married woman.

Approving of Valerie’s new look, Bors tried the dresser.  It wouldn’t open for him and after much tugging, the draw opened and Bors fell on the floor. 

Bors was very unimpressed by the skimpy clothes chosen for him by the dresser and protested aloud at its choice of apparel. 

Eventually it dressed him in more acceptable clothes although Bors was still a little worried at the snug fit of the strange leggings.  Bors decided not to push his luck with the looking glass.  He didn’t really care much how his hair looked but he believed that this mischievous machine would make him look sillier than he already felt. 

Dressed in their strange clothes, Bors and Valerie ventured across the hall into the library.  They found the Doctor already there and looked them over.  “I guess that’ll do.  Dragon Valley has odd fashions anyway so literally anything would fit in.”

“Your dresser has some odd ideas on what is acceptable attire,” said Valerie.

“Hmm, so I’ve heard.  At least you are not dressed as a clown, a dandy or a jester, so let’s be grateful for small mercies.”  The Doctor handed them each a thin rectangular object made of some strange material and a small object shaped not unlike a tarot card.

“In order for you to read modern literature, you will need some translation.  These tablets contain some texts that have already been translated and a translation dictionary.  I will show you how to begin reading the text and in time you will become familiar enough with modern English to read paper books.”

“This object is called a smart phone,” the Doctor said holding up the smaller object.  “It is a communication device and is typical of such devices used in Dragon Valley.  There are instructions for its use in the tablet.  If you choose to master the skill of social networking, this device is useful.  However, I find such devices annoying distractions and have mine set on silent.  If you have no further questions, I will leave you two for a while.  I will return to collect you for dinner.  Please do not wander about the TARDIS.  Use this library, your bedroom and bathroom.  Good day.”  The Doctor left the library.

Bors turned to Valerie and asked, “Do you want to stay here or go back to the bedchamber or the roman bath?”

“Oh I should like to go back to the bedchamber but the sooner we learn those skills, the sooner we can make Galahad return and that means the sooner we can have our own children.  I suggest we stay here and learn.”  They both pulled out their tablet and set to work learning a new skill.

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

anything