Author Topic: The Lady of the Lake: Epilogue (Completed)  (Read 61582 times)

Offline kaylas

• Amateur Food Blogger and Gamer Girl!
  • Townie
Re: The Lady of the Lake: Chapter 28 - Destinies
« Reply #150 on: December 24, 2013, 07:33:40 PM »
Long time no see Magz! Merry Christmas!!!!!
Traits: Natural Cook, Animal Lover, Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Friendly, Ambitious (From University Degree: Science and Medicine)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: December 24, 2013, 07:47:37 PM »
Oh dear...I can't imagine what Morgana must be feeling with those new revelations. No wonder why she is acting out!

This is a fantastic chapter! Riveting as always, and I absolutely have no inkling of where it will all wind up.

And a Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Banana Bender

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2014, 10:14:22 PM »
Magz, are you still doing this story or has it finished and I didn't get it?

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2014, 03:24:47 PM »
Thanks BB.  I'm having a spot of bother with my internet provider because I now live in a remote area.  Coverage is spotty and when I try to upload more than about 5 screenshots, my connection times out.  I'll try again when it doesn't take more than 4 minutes to load this site and twice that to load each screenshot.  Bring on the NBN!  :'(
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2014, 02:05:47 AM »
Lady of the Lake:  Chapter 29 – Love in the First Degree

To: [email protected]
Subject:  Re: Friday

Hi Galeas,

Thanks for your email.  Please don’t distress yourself.  Morgana and Lance are not your responsibility but thank you for caring so much.

Re problem 1:  Your father and I trust The Doctor unconditionally.  We travelled from the old country to Dragon Valley with him all those years ago.  I’m sure there’s nothing about Lance travelling with him that you need to worry about. 

I’m not sure where Gallifrey was.  I had the distinct impression it had been destroyed in the war and no one could ever go back there.  Nevertheless, I’m sure Lance will have quite an adventure and be back before you know it, so don’t worry too much on that score.

Problem number 2 is indeed troubling.  You are right, you and Morgana were adopted and Bors and I will give you all the details you want next time you come home.  I spoke to Morgana just as you suggested, and she was quite upset.  I think she may have gone to see her boyfriend in Sunset Valley.

I’m sure Bors will have the entire police force in Sunset Valley out looking for her, if we don’t hear from her soon.

However, Morgana is now a grown woman.  As difficult as it is, as her family, we have to accept that she will make decisions that we don’t particularly like or understand.  We can only be there for her if things go wrong and celebrate with her when they go right.  Personally, I don’t think she’ll do anything rash.  It’s just not in her makeup.  I’ll let you know immediately I hear from her.  Please let me know if she contacts you first. 

Love

Mum

To: DuGaunnes.B&[email protected]
Subject:  Re: Re: Friday

Hi Mum,

Thanks for your email.  I know you said not to worry about Morgana and Lance but I just do.  I’ve talked with Professor Mahoney who advised me that Morgana has sought and obtained a deferral this semester.  The Professor seemed really disappointed since Morgana was her best student and as she has not completed enough credits toward her degree, Morgana will have to retake the classes she took this semester. 

What did you say to Morgana about our adoption that’s made her cut and run?  I figured out years ago that she and I were adopted.  Morgana and I with black hair while you and Bronwyn are blonde and Dad, Lance, Ginny and Daisy have ginger hair.  Ginny looks like Dad, Lance and the twins look like you, while Morgana and I look like neither.  With your genetic material so strong, adoption was the logical answer.  But I always felt we were kin and I knew this for sure when Dad gave me a precious family ring to wear.

Dad told me the ring belonged to his grandfather, my great-grandfather, and that all the men in our family wear these rings and they are passed down from father to son.  He said that I should get a copy made for my sons when they come of age and this ring must pass to my eldest son on my death.  When I asked him what to do if I only had daughters, he said that would be unlikely.  He said our family (my emphasis) had a history dating back centuries of the firstborn always being a son.  At Lance’s graduation, Dad gave him a copy of the ring too.

Mum, I was really worried about wearing such an obviously precious ring so I had it valued to get it insured.  The ring is ancient, like really ancient and incredibly valuable.  So, it seemed to me, that if I’ve got the heirloom then Dad also has a copy.  So Morgana’s and my real father must have been the elder sibling and Bors must be the younger and that something happened to our real parents.  Is that how it was?

I never told you this before because it sounds so bizarre, but I sometimes get visions when I wear that ring on my finger.  The first time I wore the heirloom ring, I had a vision of a young man who looks quite a bit like me talking to a much younger Bors.  I believe that the man I saw might have been my real father.  It’s really weird, but every time I have these visions, they are mostly in connection with a medieval fair or something similar; once my father and Bors were even jousting. 

I have also seen a boy, who I think might have become my real father, playing with another boy who I am certain is Bors.  The images of the boys are often combined with a lady who I’m sure is your mother as she looks so much like you. 

But there’s more.  I’ve also seen a fairy who is the so much the spitting image of Morgana, she could have been her twin.  Could that fairy have been our mother?  Regardless of our parentage, I always felt that when you two were ready, you’d tell us what happened to our real parents.

Mum, I’m really sorry I gave Morgana that DNA sample without giving you two a heads up first.  I didn’t know she wanted it for a comparative experiment, or that she had any samples to compare it to, for that matter.  I totally forgot that she had those posters the twins sent her which would be teaming with their DNA.  Lance also admitted last evening that Morgana had asked him for a DNA sample about a month ago but he didn’t know why.  My bad.  Sorry. 

Galeas
  :-[

Subject:  Re: Re: Re: Friday

Hi Galeas,

Don’t beat yourself up about the DNA sample.  Yes, I wish you had remembered the DNA sample much earlier but only because we could have sorted this out earlier and not upset Morgana so much.  But this is not your fault.  Valerie and I should have told you both about the adoptions years ago.  Valerie wanted to but I was reluctant to go against the caution we were given by her Godfather, all those years ago.  We were advised that it would be better for you not to be told the truth.  Nonetheless, I’m pleased the adoption doesn’t bother you. 

Regarding your email, some of the conclusions you outlined are not correct.  I’m not your uncle but may as well be.  Your biological father was my cousin but I loved him as a brother.  It still greatly saddens me, even after all these years, to know that my cousin, who was my childhood playmate, and later, one of my comrades-in-arms has gone from this world.

Also that you have moments of second sight is not strange at all.  Your maternal grandfather was gifted with exceptional second sight.  The man you saw jousting with me in your vision was probably your father.  As boys we liked to play with swords and aspired to be knights.  He became an outstandingly valiant knight.  One of the best I’ve ever known.  He was a compassionate and courageous man. 

The fairy you saw was not your mother.  You and Morgana are not twins or even blood relations.  Morgana is Valerie’s step-sister.  You were both born on Whit Sunday but to two very different parents.  While having second sight can be a bonus, the ability to correctly interpret it, will benefit you far more.  Valerie can help you with that side of things if you wish to pursue it.  Since you’re planning a career in politics, second sight could be incredibly advantageous.

I’m glad you are doing well with your studies and we’re all looking forward to your upcoming graduation.

Love

Bors (a.k.a. Dad)

Subject:  Saturday

Hi Mum and Dad,

I know you’re not going to get this email until after you return from the medieval fair.  I’m writing to tell you that I’m fine.  I didn’t quit university, but I got a deferral for the semester.  My professor said I can go back next semester when I’ve sorted myself out.  She suggested that perhaps my schedule was too overloaded so I crashed and burned with the first real hurdle I came to.

I guess I’ve been a bit of a brat about the whole adoption thing.  It’s not like the differences in our colouring hadn’t been glaringly obvious right from the start.  Also I’m the only fairy in a family of witches and muggles.  It was just such a shock to find out the truth that way and I let it get to me.  You and Dad have not treated Galeas and I any differently than your biological children and as parents go, you two are pretty cool.  So Galeas and I lucked out there.

I only hope I can be as good a parent as you two have been.  Don’t freak out.  I’m not pregnant but Thornton and I got married this morning.  He called on Friday right after I got home as a surprise.  He said he couldn’t go one more day without seeing me so he’d arranged a plane ticket for me on the next flight to Sunset Valley. 

He met me at the airport.  We talked all night and watched the sun rise on the beach.

At dawn he asked me to marry him.  We were married right on the beach in front of his house in a private ceremony.

I love him so much and right now I need him.  I guess it’s a bit cowardly of me to send you this email when I know you won’t get it for a while.  Please forgive me and give me time to find my feet.  Would you all like to visit over the Christmas holidays?

Love to all

Mrs Morgana Wolff (don’t you love the sound of that! :))

PS:  Thornton asked me to Forsake the Fae.  I did but now I'm not so sure...

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Lady of the Lake: Chapter 29 - Love in the First Degree
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2014, 02:13:24 AM »
Oh my... poor Morgana XD  And I can't even imagine how her parents will feel when they find out she went and got married without them XD

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2014, 02:43:36 AM »
At last everyone can breathe easily. I thought Morganna was going to be angry or something.

Would Galeas be the next leader of the free world?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2014, 09:44:12 AM »
Magz,

I just caught up with this; I don't know how I missed the last few episodes. Lance is gorgeous -- but of course, we knew that his parents would make beautiful children. And I feel for poor Galeas -- it's not easy being the responsible big brother at uni, especially not when your younger brother is a time lord and your younger sister is researching her own DNA.

Great work, as always!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2014, 01:23:43 PM »
And so came about the Morgana we know and love from Sunset Valley. :) Thornton asked a lot of her to forsake the fae, though...she may have jumped in a bit too quickly, given that she was already in a compromised emotional state to begin with. We shall see...

Galeas learned quite a bit, didn't he? Second sight would be quite the boon to a career politician. :)

Offline Banana Bender

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2014, 09:03:32 PM »
I'm glad you were able to get this update posted and it was well worth the wait.  I also agree with Raia, Morgana gave up being a fairy too easily.  I don't think anything good can come from that.  ::)

I agree with MarianT, Lance is a good looking Sim.  Are you going to post him on the swap shop?  Actually will you be positng any of them when this story is over?

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2014, 04:52:54 AM »
Thanks everybody.  This file is difficult to play but fun to write.

I agree with MarianT, Lance is a good looking Sim.  Are you going to post him on the swap shop?  Actually will you be positng any of them when this story is over?

Sorry but I cannot post Lance to the Swap Shop.  His file is too big at 108,638KB.  Lance does have a lot of skills.  Maybe I can save him to the bin and try that instead?

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2014, 01:44:29 AM »
I've had this story bookmarked for awhile, and I'm glad I finally took the time to read through it today. This is absolutely fantastic. I'm curious to see how they will react to Morgana's email, but I love how you tied it into her Sunset Valley plot.  :)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2014, 01:56:06 AM »
I've had this story bookmarked for awhile, and I'm glad I finally took the time to read through it today. This is absolutely fantastic. I'm curious to see how they will react to Morgana's email, but I love how you tied it into her Sunset Valley plot.  :)

Thank you Mel.  I'm delighted to add you to my readership.  I've long admired your story of The Magical World.  :)

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2014, 10:30:04 PM »
Lady of the Lake:  Chapter 30 – Love Changes Everything

Subject:  Re: Saturday

Hi Honey

Thank you for your email.  First of all, there’s nothing to forgive in relation to the timing of your message.  I’m just glad you did contact us.  Ginny set up my phone to receive emails so I got your email immediately after Bors won his archery competition. I have to say, we’re all exceedingly astonished at your news. 

Secondly, congratulations on your nuptials.  Our deepest wish is that you would find happiness and we sincerely hope that you will enjoy years of wedded bliss. 

Morgana, I am not surprised that when the going got tough, you turned to the man you love.  That’s perfectly natural.  And I really do understand that you didn’t want to wait to marry him.  But I wish you had given us a chance to be there for you.  Ginny is particularly upset because she so wanted to be your bridesmaid. 

And Bors... well... he is more than a wee bit affronted that your Thornton didn’t even attempt to seek his permission for your hand in marriage.  Let’s just say that back in the old country, Bors would have had to challenge Thornton to a duel for the impropriety.  Even after all these years in Dragon Valley, it’s still not easy for him to let go of the old ways.  But thank goodness times have changed!

Morgana, while I do understand your sudden marriage, I’m disappointed your Thornton asked you to forsake your fairy powers.  I think he should learn to accept you as you are, and being a fairy is an essential part of who you are.

Still, Morgana, ultimately it is your life and you’re the only one who can live it.  But since I know how much you liked chilling in your Fairy Castle with some pollen punch, I’m sending you a couple of batches of Bottled Blessing of the Fae and some Cure Elixirs, so you can turn back and forth whenever you want to.  You just never know when you might need your auras, especially your soothing aura.  Lance told me how you used your auras to help him and your classmates do well at uni.

We’d love to visit you for the holidays if that’s okay.  Would there be enough room for us all?

Love always

Mum

PS:  What’s Thornton like and will we meet him at Galeas’ graduation?

Subject:  Secret Men’s Business II

Hi Mum and Dad,

I’m going away with The Doctor for a while.  I have heaps to learn because there is so much responsibility that comes with becoming a Time Lord.  The Doctor has modified my smart phone so if you need to contact me, you can call me anywhere and anytime.

I’ve told Galeas only that I’ll be away for a while.  I know he’s disappointed that neither of us has stayed the distance at uni but seriously, he’s the one with the big ambitions. 

I’ll visit Dragon Valley whenever I can.  I guess I sound self-centered but I know you’ll understand that this is what I have to do right now. 

Love to all.

Lance

Subject:  Re: Secret Men’s Business II

Hi Lance,

Thanks for letting us know your plans.  Your father and I have expected this for some time, and we hope that everything works out well for you.  Don’t forget to keep honing your wizard powers because I’m sure they will come in just as handy as a sonic screwdriver.

Please visit when you can, your little sisters miss you a lot.  Bronwyn, has been practically inconsolable since you’ve been gone.  We all love you very much so take care of yourself and keep us in the loop about your adventures.

Love always,

Mum

Subject:  Touch Base

Hi Mum and Dad,

Thanks so much for the package of elixirs.  I will use them because I didn’t realise how much I missed those powers.  Thornton says he’s afraid for me being a fairy because I could have a long lonely life when he passes.  I think that’s sweet.  And maybe when we’re older, I can take an aging elixir and just grow old gracefully with him.

Okay, can we hold off on that visit for a while?  The thing is... Thornton doesn’t particularly like kids.  Well... other people’s kids anyway.  When I told him that Bronwyn and Daisy were still rugrats, he sort of had a major panic attack.

Anyway there’s only one bedroom at Wolff Manor so it would be everybody in sleeping bags on the living room floor (which actually sounds like it would be a lot of fun, but not exactly Thornton’s style).

Thornton will try to come with me to Galeas’ graduation.  He has some very high powered conference that was booked ages ago, but he’s trying to wriggle out of it so he can come with me. 

To tell the truth, I am a bit worried about Dad meeting him.  Dad would take Thornton to task on too many fronts.  Dad still works out a lot, so it would be a one-sided contest.  I don’t want to scare Thornton with the DuGaunnes clan just yet and especially not en masse.

I decided to transfer my university enrolment from face-to-face to on-line through the Open Universities, so I could take a job at the local hospital here and I’m starting pretty much at the bottom.  I think it’s important to work my way up the ladder so I can understand and appreciate all the different roles people in the hospital have in patient care.  My days are really full on, so Thornton and I aren’t planning any children just yet.  I haven’t yet told him that I want to have at least five children someday.  I just made Paramedic so after I get through my medical residency, we’ll reassess our situation.

What’s Thornton like?  Well that’s a tough one to explain.  I think you deserve the truth.

90% of the time, he’s really sweet and everything any woman would want in a husband, but at other times... I don’t quite know how to phrase this... I sometimes think he’s got some sort of life plan and marriage was on that plan merely as the ‘proper thing to do’ rather than the natural progression of falling in love.

Twice I’ve caught him looking at his wedding ring and covering it up and looking around sheepishly to see if anyone notices.  He talks a lot about his father but not much about his mother or their marriage or his childhood.  I get the impression that his parent’s marriage wasn’t a happy or loving one, so he lacks a good role model. 

Thornton was an only child.  He once said the best thing about his childhood was that it was over!  I can’t imagine how that must have been because I have such wonderful memories of my childhood.

Despite Dad being strict, his priority was always our health, safety and happiness.  Our house was always full of love and laughter.  I still smile when I recall the times Dad would call you ‘my Lady’ and you would call him ‘my Lord’.  Dad treated you like you were royalty and that you two adored each other, was evident in every fibre of your being.  Having seen that, it’s not surprising that I want to replicate that for my own marriage.

And since I have had perfect parental role models and a wonderful childhood, I know Thornton and I can make this work.  Thornton has been by himself too long and is not used to sharing his thoughts and feelings.  We simply need time for adjustment so we can work through our issues.  I say this with confidence because I remembered what you said your Godfather told you about true love, and well, I’m sure that’s Thornton and me.  I’m not blind to his flaws but I still love him so much. 

Love to all

Morgana Wolff

Subject:  Re: Touch Base

Hi Honey,

Thanks for your email.  Okay we won’t make plans to visit Sunset Valley until you’re more settled with your work and your marriage.  We’re all really looking forward to seeing you for Galeas’ graduation.  He’s doing really well.   You did know that Galeas asked Connor to move in with him after Blair finished her studies?  He said he wasn’t lonely but I think he was.

Bors and I were thinking of taking the girls to Paradise Island for the holidays.  Ginny is very keen to try scuba diving and is hoping to find a mermaid called Ariel.  Maybe she watched too much Disney channel growing up.

Lance might miss the graduation because he has decided to defer his studies and go off travelling with The Doctor, so don’t expect more than the odd text or email from him.

Don’t worry too much about your father’s reaction.  All he and I want for all our children is that they find someone to love them as much as we do.  We love you unconditionally and you can be sure we will always be there for you, no matter what we may feel personally about your choices.  Good judgement generally comes from experience and most of life’s learning experiences comes from poor judgement.  But if the unthinkable happens and things do go pear-shaped, please don’t be too hard on yourself. 

I never had the chance to tell you this, but your mother was one of the most gentle and giving women I ever met.  There’s absolutely nothing I wouldn’t do for her and raising you, well, it’s been my pleasure to see you become the woman she could have been had circumstances been different.  We love you Morgana, not because of who your mother was, but for who you are.  A child never has much say in how they are raised, but as an adult you have 100% control of who you become and we are all so very proud of the woman you have become.

We know you’re really busy with your new life, but please remember to relax and have fun from time to time.  I recently saw a quote from your old favourite movie star who said, “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything!” **  In the language of your generation, it totally is!

Love you always,

Mum and Dad.

LATER...

1 Dead and 4 Injured in Hospital Explosion

Reporter:  Connor Frio

At approximately 1:08 PM Wednesday the autoclave on the second floor of the Sunset Valley’s Sacred Spleen Memorial Hospital suffered a serious malfunction injuring several staff.  Paramedic Morgana Wolff was first on the scene tending to the wounded, when a second malfunction caused the unit to explode, fatally wounding Bed Pan Cleaner, Ian Bowler, and seriously injuring Ms Wolff.  OSHA is investigating the incident.

Story continued page 6...

** Quote from Michael J Fox

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Lady of the Lake: Chapter 30 - Love Changes Everything
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2014, 10:42:55 PM »
I had a feeling that Lance would choose to travel with the Doctor. Truly, it is in his blood--and who knows, he could do a world of good. :)

But yipes, what a way to end a chapter! :o Poor Ian...rest in peace. I'm glad though that none of the Sunset Valley physicians that we know and love were killed. I'm curious to see how this will play into things...

Excellent, as always!