Author Topic: The Lady of the Lake: Epilogue (Completed)  (Read 61738 times)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Lady of the Lake: Epilogue (Completed)
« Reply #225 on: August 22, 2014, 04:20:46 AM »
I'm incredibly chuffed to receive such heart-warming comments.  There are so many good writers on this forum that I feel genuinely amazed that so many people read my story.  I just really want to thank you wonderful people for sticking with me on this epic tale. 

I didn't know at the beginning that it was going to be an epic tale.  I expected it to be a short romp through medieval times but when I sat down to write each chapter, I often didn't know where the story was going.  In fact, my original story outline bears only a glancing resemblance to the final outcome.   :o  My husband wanted me to end it by Chapter 30 so I could focus on other priorities but... well the characters in my head didn't want to let it go.  Each time MrMagz would read a chapter and say "where are you going with this?"  Then he offered to be my Occam's razor and cut about 50,000 words out of the story so I could end it before Chapter 50.  Needless to say I was horrified.  I did manage to sneak a few lines back in.  I especially wanted to give a shout out to some Forum members whose stories I've admired.  Many of you recognised their characters and I hope I did them justice.

Anyway, thanks again for reading.  I have so many ideas for more stories but I want to wait for The Sims 4... and a few other pressing priorities.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Lady of the Lake: Epilogue (Completed)
« Reply #226 on: October 13, 2014, 05:49:49 AM »
Well I'm very late but I've finally finished this story! It was just as emotionally involved all the way through, although I have to say I did not expect it to end up where it did. You're not joking about the unexpected digressions! Still, it worked and it was most engrossing. I was pleased to be able to read through it at my leisure, seeing as you have such a wicked talent for suspense, Magz. I was thoroughly surprised and delighted by the appearance of the Doctor! He just seems to work in any story.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.