Author Topic: Plutonium  (Read 18625 times)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
Plutonium
« on: July 26, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »
I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have the collection helper but I still have not found any. Does anyone know where it spawns or how to get it through transfiguration? Thanks in advance! I read somewhere that it is easy to get with Ambitions which I have but I am in Sunset Valley so I don't know if that changes anything!

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: Plutonium
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 04:18:43 PM »
I tend to get it while I am in France in the Burial Mound.  I have not found particular spawning place in SV, but do sometimes get it in front of the boarded up mine.  You might try digging in the trash around town as I have heard that you can find it fairly simply that way.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Archer0

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 04:35:03 PM »
Check in the career and money making forum.  There is a thread in there for transfiguration.  Poster ab9rf lists pretty much all the recipes for the display case since Ambitions.  There are multiple recipes for plutonium.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 12:33:12 AM »
France is my best place to find Plutonium in the wild.

Also, here's the thread Archer's talking about:  http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,1056.0.html
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Da Vinci

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 03:50:17 PM »
Yeah, France is practically made of plutonium (compared to the other locations).
"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada." --George W. Bush, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

Offline Castastic

• Llama Wrangler
  • AYU - The BLUE BIRD in my life
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 04:08:59 PM »
Don't know about the other locations, but there's a Plutonium spawn by the road outside the graveyard in China. Platinum spawns there, too. That's actually the only spot I know of.
If you are afraid of changes
Watch me at a distance
Whether or not I may do something
I'm talked about behind my back
Let it be

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 11:56:03 PM »
My recipe for transfiguring to get plutonium is first row, all silver, second row three gold and one stack of platinum, or iridium or any other higher level metal.  If you stack the silver and the gold and everything else you get more ingots back.  The result should be a minimum of one compendium, one plutonium and possibly one iron.  You get higher grade metal if you stack more silver and gold and can bypass the iron.  I haven't tried it with any other metals because all I had on hand was silver, gold,platinum and iridium.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 12:04:26 AM »
All those metals that start with "P" drive me nuts, trying to remember which is the valuable one.

(So that's what the "glow" button does -- hehe.)
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 01:14:33 AM »
All those metals that start with "P" drive me nuts, trying to remember which is the valuable one.

(So that's what the "glow" button does -- hehe.)

Yes, and we ask that members not use the glow button because it will wreak havoc on the appearance of the Forum.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 03:08:33 AM »
I totally understand, just can't keep from pushing a new button. I'll go un-glow it.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 03:39:32 AM »
I totally understand, just can't keep from pushing a new button. I'll go un-glow it.

Feel free to use the Preview button to look at all the goodies.  Just don't post them.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 12:44:44 PM »
I don't know if this has been answered before, but you can get plutonium while transfiguring.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 10:00:53 PM »
I got what I needed already. Thanks!
ab9rf I used your table and I must say it is a bit confusing. But maybe that is just me and I don't really understand it to well and being new to transfiguring and all doesn't help. But I just wanted to say you would not need to buy another copy of the base Sims and WA to install it onto another computer. You can use your original copy for it you would just need to use to most recent disc installed to play it so in the case of those to only being installed you would need to use WA to play but it will tell you that I believe!

Edited to keep myself out of trouble as I didn't know this was not allowed!  :-[ I just figured since it would allow you to do it then it was ok. My mistake! But I know some discs will only install a trail version on a second computer so since you could install the full thing I thought nothing of it. And since I didn't need the disk to play I seen no reason to buy it since I had it already from trying it to see if I wanted to buy it before I did.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 05:11:39 AM »
I am the first to admit that the table I posted is confusing.  It's not easy to explain what it's doing (at least for me) except by posting code, and that only works if the person reading your code is a programmer.That might work, but it would be illegal, and so I wouldn't do that.  I'm funny that way. :)

What about her suggestion is illegal?  If you own the base game and World Adventures, you can install them on more than one computer. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 07:17:30 PM »
That's not consistent with the licensing documents I've read; the expansion packs generally require the base game to be validly installed, and that consumes the single install allowed for both the expansion pack and the base game.  I don't recall EA allowing multiple installs. 

@ Pam - I think he is talking about momofmany 'borrowing' the base game from her sister so she could load WA that she purchased to save her some money.  I don't think that is illegal as they are sisters and, as long as she was able to register the game, then EA didn't mind either.
I notice there are quite a few games selling on EBay and that, to me, would be multiple installs to different simmers, but there appears to be no issues since, again, EA allows that to happen.
Also EA doesn't have a problem with those of us that load the game on several computers that we own, such as I have the games loaded on my laptop and my desktop.  Both systems show the games to be fully registered even though they are on different computers.   :)
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

anything