Author Topic: Help with cleaning up game please.  (Read 7845 times)

brappl

Re: Help with cleaning up game please.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 08:09:03 AM »
Brppl thank you so much for your patience and help. I will go through all that information & defrag & check the spyware too and if I have any further queries regarding info you gave here I'll ask.

Sorry about my complete lack of knowledge & thank you again for sharing yours.

Happy Sim'ing & if I don't speak to you before enjoy Paradise Island
You are very welcome.   Key will be to clean up your laptop. Feel free to PM me if you have questions or ask within the forum if you can not find existing threads on the topic.  Right now I am testing the new patch.  It appears to be a good one but is not without bugs. Twallan over at NRASS has almost everything updated.  Overwatch should be completed today based on his post this morning.   He's amazing!

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 09:44:56 AM »
You are very welcome.   Key will be to clean up your laptop. Feel free to PM me if you have questions or ask within the forum if you can not find existing threads on the topic.  Right now I am testing the new patch.  It appears to be a good one but is not without bugs. Twallan over at NRASS has almost everything updated.  Overwatch should be completed today based on his post this morning.   He's amazing!

Hooray!!! Many, many thanks. I've done it. I've deleted all the caches you advised to. I found the saved folder and got rid of unwanted games. I found the downloaded/installed items on the Sims launcher & got rid of loads of that. I defragged my laptop & cleaned up as much as I could. So will start game now & fingers crossed it'll play faster and smoother.

I have one question from your last reply. How do I update my Overwatch MOD please? Sorry Last question for now, promise.

Kind regards

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

brappl

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 03:22:10 PM »
Congrats Gingerkid. 

Let me know how it's running now.  There are always more ways to tweak without making system adjustments.  Your Overwatch MOD has been updated by Twallan at NRaas and can be found at http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch.  Make sure to read information and instructions he has provided before you do anything so you are aware of any potential problems and remember to back up your game files before you make changes.

Don't be sorry for the questions.  They have actually helped me too as before I provided some of the answers I went back to resources I used to verify my info to you and found other information of interest that benefited me!  I have a lot of mods and right now most of them are not working, even the overrides are problematic so I am forced to go through each file in my mods folder ad then wait for the creator to update.  Messy, but I enjoy the challenge and you always pick up more knowledge along the way.  Good luck and let me know how you are doing with your project.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 03:50:08 PM »
Thank you. It seems a bit quicker & less sticky.

And I've just built a club with several floors, swimming pool on the roof hot tubs, bars, dance floors and a band area. It kept freezing before but after your help it was a lot quicker.

anything