Author Topic: Explore Underwater Cave Glitch  (Read 39736 times)

Offline Banana Bender

• Llama Wrangler
Explore Underwater Cave Glitch
« on: June 29, 2013, 03:21:31 AM »
Whenever my Sim goes to 'explore' the underwater cave, the action queue cancels and my Sim is transported to the nearest beach (and so is anyone else in the dive spot).  Similarly, when I click on a collectable, this same thing can happen.  Is this a common glitch or just mine?  It's happened more often than not.  My Sim has the necessary dive skill for the dive site.  Any suggestions forum?

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
Re: Explore Underwater Cave Glitch
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 11:18:59 AM »
I get this glitch about 60-70% of the times I have tried to use an underwater cave. It seems to happen less if my sim has no alchemy buffs active in the moodlet panel. But not sure my sample size is large enough to be anything other than randomness.

Edit: Just read on the bugs thread at TS3 that a lot of people are having luck fixing this bug by going to the dive lot in edit town mode, picking up the dive cave, and then putting it back down. Haven't been in game to test it yet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 02:20:56 PM »
Crinrict has just updated her help blog with the solution to this.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/06/sim-resets-when-exploring-a-underwater-cave.html
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lazycrockett

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 05:12:20 PM »
I didn't even realize it was a glitch I just thought I chose the wrong path to take.  SMH

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 05:32:43 PM »
The cure Crinrict has posted has worked for me so far. Cool stuff!

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 01:29:51 PM »
If you have Twallan's MasterController, you can also reset the caves and that's fixed it for me.

From the City Hall:

NRaas>Master Controller>Town>Object Reset>Local

You'll see a long list of all the items in game.  Look for:

Objects.Miscellaneous.ScaryCave
Objects.Miscellaneous.UnderwaterCave
Objects.Miscellaneous.UnderwaterCaveSurfaceDestinationMarker

I clicked on all three and then clicked the Check Mark at the bottom.  I was then able to enter a cave that had previously bounced me.  Also, since the bounce cheats you out of dive time by giving you the decompression moodlet, I used testingcheatsenabled true and Ctrl+clicked that moodlet to remove it and was able to dive immediately.

Offline SBENJA

• Nooboo
Woohoo in cave issue
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 06:14:20 PM »
My sims are mermaids and when I try to have them woohoo in a cave they get moved onto an island. All the sims who happen to be in the area diving get bounced. Is there a fix for this? Thank you

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Woohoo in cave issue
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 06:19:44 PM »
Welcome to the forum SBENJA. There is a glitch with caves sometimes, it is discussed a little in another thread with a way to fix it. You can find that thread here - http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,16678.0.html

I think the problems are related, so I'll merge this thread with that one.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline SBENJA

• Nooboo
Re: Woohoo in cave issue
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 06:23:22 PM »
Thanks, I did see that but didn't see anything about woohooing. I am assuming it is all the same issue then. For me it isn't just one cave. I will probably try the MC and see if that fixes it.

Offline SigBab

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 01:08:57 AM »
This has happened to me a couple of times. I've found that it helps to NOT have the camera locked on the Sim when they enter the cave. The camera attempts to follow the Sim, makes the Sim move to a weird position because of it, and resets them.

Offline Jeni2810

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 06:33:38 PM »
This has happened to me a couple of times. I've found that it helps to NOT have the camera locked on the Sim when they enter the cave. The camera attempts to follow the Sim, makes the Sim move to a weird position because of it, and resets them.

This definitely worked for me, as numerous dive site resets didn't.
I completely moved the camera away from the cave and just wited for the info panels to let me know about my sim's progress.

Have to admit I didn't realise they weren't working, I thought they were tunnels to the islands!  duh!!
It was only when I realised they weren't registering in the skills journal, I thought to search the problem.
Thanks all for helping me resolve this
 :)

anything