Author Topic: Can my laptop play the sims 3, all expansion packs and stuff packs  (Read 11402 times)

Offline breckroadlover

• Nooboo
I'm getting a new laptop for the sims 3 and all the expansion packs and stuff packs, I know desktops are better for the game but I need a laptop. What laptop would be best to run The Sims 3 with all expansion and stuff packs?
I can only spend up to about 500 dollars, I know that isn't a lot but my parents are buying me this laptop and I'm not expecting them to spend so much.
I've seen this laptop ASUS K75VJ-TY165D and the specs seem good for sims, but I'm not sure if I should buy it

And it would be much apperciated if you could link some laptops
I also can't buy one online, so please leave links to laptops in stores!
Thank you!

brappl

Re: Can my laptop play the sims 3, all expansion packs and stuff packs
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 01:19:55 PM »
I'm getting a new laptop for the sims 3 and all the expansion packs and stuff packs, I know desktops are better for the game but I need a laptop. What laptop would be best to run The Sims 3 with all expansion and stuff packs?
I can only spend up to about 500 dollars, I know that isn't a lot but my parents are buying me this laptop and I'm not expecting them to spend so much.
I've seen this laptop ASUS K75VJ-TY165D and the specs seem good for sims, but I'm not sure if I should buy it

And it would be much apperciated if you could link some laptops
I also can't buy one online, so please leave links to laptops in stores!
Thank you!

Here is a link to Origin detailing system requirements for The Sims 3 Starter pack which includes The Sims 3, Late Nite and another pack. http://store2.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.279071000. This will give you an idea of what you need to initially run the game.  If you intend to put everything on your laptop you will need to check the requirements for the last Expansion Pack.  It has been suggested by other players and in some of the Geek Tech sites to avoid the Pentium processors so you might want to keep an eye on the CPU specifications.

Please also consider purchasing a cooling fan for your laptop.  I read many posts by people experiencing their laptops overheating while playing on a laptop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline breckroadlover

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 02:10:14 PM »
Here is a link to Origin detailing system requirements for The Sims 3 Starter pack which includes The Sims 3, Late Nite and another pack. http://store2.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.279071000. This will give you an idea of what you need to initially run the game.  If you intend to put everything on your laptop you will need to check the requirements for the last Expansion Pack.  It has been suggested by other players and in some of the Geek Tech sites to avoid the Pentium processors so you might want to keep an eye on the CPU specifications.

Please also consider purchasing a cooling fan for your laptop.  I read many posts by people experiencing their laptops overheating while playing on a laptop.

Than you verry much :) I just saw minimum requirements but I am worried if my laptop will run sims smoothly because it's processor is 2.4ghz and that is minium requirement

brappl

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 02:27:32 PM »
Than you verry much :) I just saw minimum requirements but I am worried if my laptop will run sims smoothly because it's processor is 2.4ghz and that is minium requirement

Generally the min requirements are aimed at tower/PC's.  Using the minimum on a Laptop will more than likely run slower and you will experience game lag especially if you have other programs (i.e. firewalls etc) running in the background. 

Other forum members with Laptops will probably respond and might be more helpful.  If I see something further, I'll forward it on to you.

brappl

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 02:38:50 PM »
Generally the min requirements are aimed at tower/PC's.  Using the minimum on a Laptop will more than likely run slower and you will experience game lag especially if you have other programs (i.e. firewalls etc) running in the background. 

Other forum members with Laptops will probably respond and might be more helpful.  If I see something further, I'll forward it on to you.

Here is a link on the subject here within the forum: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=4832.0

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 12:15:17 AM »
Here's a thread Flynn Arrowstarr wrote earlier this year in regards to purchasing a desktop or laptop for Sims 3.

Buying a Desktop or Laptop for The Sims 3
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,14827.0.html

I hope you find this helpful, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline breckroadlover

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 01:01:52 PM »
Here's a thread Flynn Arrowstarr wrote earlier this year in regards to purchasing a desktop or laptop for Sims 3.

Buying a Desktop or Laptop for The Sims 3
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,14827.0.html

I hope you find this helpful, :)

MrsFlynn

Thank you all verry much, every advice is really helpful  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything