Author Topic: Luxury Afloat - Houseboat  (Read 7471 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Luxury Afloat - Houseboat
« on: July 29, 2013, 11:19:41 PM »
Name: Luxury Afloat
Hull Size: Large Barge- 20x15
Furnished Price: 179,413
Unfurnished price: 174,413   **Note that the price shown as lot value does not include the price of the hull, so for a large barge, the prices are actually 5000 more!
Bedrooms: 2
Bathrooms: 3 1/2
Other Features: Pool, sauna, spa, gym and games room.
Expansion and Stuff packs used: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Outdoor Living Stuff, Master Suite, Fast Lane
Store Content used: Skylights and windows from the Skylight Studio for the Preforming Arts, Steam-it-Up Sauna Comes with Sunlit Tides
**For a detailed list of items used, scroll down to the end.

After opening a branch in Isla Paradiso, Twinsome Realty is happy to announce it's first listing for the area. This luxury houseboat is for someone who wants to live on the water, but doesn't want to give up the finer things in life.
Featuring two double bedrooms with full ensuites (no all in one bathrooms on this baby!), a pool, spa, sauna, gym and games room, you won't know that you are not on land. The modern kitchen boasts a dishwasher and trash compactor. Fancy eating in the open air? Then head up to the top deck and cook in the poolside outdoor kitchen.
Let's have a quick look shall we?

This is a general view of the houseboat with it's very modern exterior.

This formal lounge area has a bar, comfortable seating and a grand piano. The full glass front offers stunning views of where ever you may be.

You will love cooking in the modern kitchen and the windows onto the back deck and beyond give a great view while dining.

Each of the two bedrooms has it's own bathroom and both open out on to the back deck.

Both bedrooms are spacious and tastfully decorated.

Lounge around on the upper deck, cook a meal or take a dip in the pool.

Want to relax, but fishing is not your style? Head downstairs to the recreation area. Here you will find gym equipment, a pool table, tv and games console plus a large comfortable tv room. You can even head into the sauna for the ultimate in relaxation.

Even the deckside kitchen offers all you could want to cook up a storm.

Spend lazy, romantic evenings in the spa.

Notes about this build - When installed into your game, you will notice that the helm is out a little from the surrounding counters. If you want it to be flush with the counters, you will need to use the moveobjects cheat. The helm works fine pushed back flush, it's just that the game doesn't like it and when I exported the file with the helm pushed back, it was moved to the lower deck next to the spa when I imported the saved file. By saving it with the helm slightly out, the game leaves it there, so you don't have to move it if you are happy with it like that.
Another quirky thing to note. When you stand on the top deck, you can see through the yellow 'roof' sections that are like walls. And when you view the vessel from away a little, one side of the yellow will be visible and one side will be like an open space. There is nothing that can be done about this, it's just the way the game reacts to the use of the CFE cheat.

For a full tour of this property including floor plans and photos of all the features, please visit the Gallery

Please note that all my builds are thoroughly inspected to ensure everything is in working order and that nothing gets in the way of your enjoyment once you move in. Any problems that we have been unable to resolve, will be documented in the properties description. If however you find something that has somehow slipped by the scrutiny of the building inspector and is not listed in the property specs, please advise me and I will look at resolving the matter ASAP.

Details of items from the store , expansion packs and stuff packs.
I don't apologize for the heavy use of items from EP's and SP's - I primarily build for my own use, therefore I use what I have. Below is a detailed list of all things used so that you can see if you will miss out on much if you don't own a particular pack.

The game will automatically replace items you don't have with similar things, but there are a few items (listed first) that I'm not sure how the game will deal with them.

Skylights and windows from theSkylight Studio for the Preforming Arts
You could get away with just using the same windows that are used on the lower deck. If you do that, you will have to add a few sections of wall across the front on the middle deck because there is actually no wall behind them.

Steam-it-Up Sauna Comes with Sunlit Tides I don't think there is anything like this, so the game may not put anything in that room. You could turn the room into a laundry room perhaps or make a bigger kitchen area, maybe a study?

Side Pocket Pool Table comes from Showtime. The only other pool table comes from University, so if you don't have either of these EP's, I'm not sure what the game will do.

Wall-Installed Digital Fishiness Display from Late Night. Not sure if the game will put anything here as this window had to be placed using the moveobject cheat.

All other items - Note that items from Island Paradise are not listed here because houseboats are unique to the Island Paradise expansion pack, so if you are downloading a houseboat, you will have the items from that EP!

World Adventures Expansion Pack:
The Juspresso XTi-French Beverage Maker
Papyrus Plant

Ambitions Expansion Pack:
Flouresce Lightz by Blemish Industriez
The Drafter's Companion
Cozy Counter Island
Cozy Counter
Sirene's Call

Showtime Expansion Pack:
MegaVox Jukebox
Glass Act Vesuvius Table
Ivy in a Box

Late Night Expansion Pack
Schnadahupfl Virtuoso Grand Piano - Not sure what the game would replace this with.
Bulbous Bulbs
Modernosity Counter
Con-Caves-Curves Mirror

Generations Expansion Pack:
Joe's Bean Bag Chair
Groovy Shower
The ComPRESSOR

Supernatural Expansion Pack
The Impressor Bar
Wickerman's Loveseat
MaxiGlass French Doors

Seasons Expansion Pack:
Posturight Spine Helpers
Nature's View Sliding Door

University Life Expansion Pack:
Manse Mini-Fridge

Fast Lane Stuff Pack:
Right at the Turnpike Barstool

Outdoor Living Stuff pack:
Workout Safety Quik-Tips
Agave Yougave
Dining Table of Contents
Spendiferous Brand Serving Dish
Star Bryte
Ionu Spot Light
Hanging Plant of Simolon
Continental Vision Counter
General Shwarma's Outdoor Light Post
Petite Breeze
The Original Griller Entertainment Series
Class-E Dining Table
The Poet's Respite
Rock 'n' Rock Stereo

Master Suite Stuff Pack:
Wrapped in Your Soul Towel Shelf

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
Re: Luxury Afloat - Houseboat
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 05:46:09 AM »
Just got two words : Oh wow!

I really love how this has been built  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 07:26:02 AM »
I really love the style of this houseboat . It really does look luxurious . You've done a super job on it .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 09:02:32 AM »
I don't have several of the expansion packs, nor any of store contents stuff, especially the skylights but I am going to download it and see what happens. I really like the design and would love to have it for a small family.

Offline Arefa

• Llama Wrangler
    • Build Mode with Arefa
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 09:47:14 AM »
Wow you did a fantastic job!  I love the modern look from the outside and the inside is nicely decorated.  I absolutely love how you paid attention to the little details.  I especially like the pool at the top!  Excellent work!

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 08:10:08 PM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I must direct you to have a look at what Janna has done with the houseboat even with a lack of a lot of the content. You can see what she did in the Building/Remodeling thread here. I hope that encourages others to download even if they don't have a lot of the items.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 01:29:38 PM »
Downloading it right now.  Must live on this houseboat, (even if only vicariously).

I appreciate your not apologizing for all the EP, SP and store items!  I know not everyone can have all the goodies some of us are privileged to have, but it sometimes can stifle creativity if you feel you can't use them for fear of being unfair.  Jana has shown us you can do a terrific job with a good build even when you don't have all the goodies simply by a bit of remodeling.  Kudos to Jana and you, Twinmum. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything