Author Topic: How do you get rid of the disgusted moodlet?  (Read 7470 times)

Offline simsfan

• Townie
How do you get rid of the disgusted moodlet?
« on: August 08, 2013, 06:03:52 PM »
One of my sims got the disgusted moodlet how do you get rid of it?

Offline Wonderfreak

• Llama Wrangler
Re: How do you get rid of the disgusted moodlet?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 06:37:27 PM »
I think it usually goes away on its own after a few minutes. My sims have had it for a whole day at times though, for no reason that I could find. I read somewhere that there's a glitch where they will get the moodlet randomly. Not sure if casting good times will get rid of it but it doesn't seem to work when I do it. Is there an actual cause you can fix? (you know, like a smelly sim or bad food). How long has it been there? Have you tried resetting your sim? It's annoying but I usually just wait it out and it goes away...eventually :) I hope someone else has a better answer for you lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 07:12:59 PM »
I don't really know how to get rid of it on the console if it's stuck. Is it there for more than one sim? Is it in one area of the lot or everywhere? I had a fire on my lot after a meteor strike, and I could not figure out why one area of the balcony was stinky. It turned out to be a tree. One time playing the console a plate of food some how got stuck between my sim and the refrigerator. It wasn't in the refrigerator or in her inventory, but boy was it stinky. I couldn't move or delete the frige because it said it was being used. I finally move the family out and back again and that worked. Look carefully around and see if you can find anything, but if there's no known cause, try moving out and back. You can sell your furniture and it will still be there when you move back. Good luck!

Offline simsfan

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 08:35:12 PM »
It says its caused by a smelly sim but my other sim is clean

Offline simsfan

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 12:04:22 PM »
I did that and it didn't work

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 12:46:05 PM »
Is there a moodlet manager in the console as a Lifetime Reward? I think there is. Maybe you can save up points and try that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wonderfreak

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 02:18:55 PM »
Oh I forgot about the moodlet manager. In the pets version sims can invent it and it can be used to cure or zap sims. Is this the same thing or am I talking about something totally different? Not sure if the normal version has the inventing table though. But yeah, buy it as a lifetime reward, that's a good idea KRae. I knew someone else would have better ideas! ;)

Offline Grim Reaper

• Bringer Of Death
  • Occult
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 03:37:56 PM »
If there is something dirty in your house it can cause the disgusted moodlet.  Also things that can cause it are bad food in your inventory or trash in your inventory, like if you rummage through your neighbors trash cans you will have trash in your inventory.  Since you said they encountered a smelly sim it should go away eventually.  I don't know if The Sims 3 for console has Karma Powers but if it does you can use the Good Times one and it'll take away everyone's bad moodlets. :)

Offline simsfan

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 10:19:30 PM »
My guy is glitched somehow because the maid was standing next to me and she acted like she was standing next to a smelly sim.

Offline Wonderfreak

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 12:42:34 AM »
That's annoying :( I'm not sure if I've had that before. I guess wait til the next time he needs a shower and it might go away (provided you haven't already) or have him leave the area but don't follow him and then have him come back home. That usually works for me when I have a glitch if the reset sim doesn't work...usually :) if those don't work you might need to wait it out. If he doesn't have the smelly moodlet then I'm not sure what else I can suggest. If I think of something I'll be sure to let you know!
On a side note I had a glitch with babies and toddlers that's kind of similar but I'm guessing your sim is an adult lol.

anything