Author Topic: Getting the heart-shaped cut pink diamond for simbot?  (Read 49080 times)

Offline girlwhoplayssims

• Nooboo
Getting the heart-shaped cut pink diamond for simbot?
« on: August 11, 2013, 06:25:28 PM »
My Sim has spent days and days on end finding gems throughout the town and has collected at least 5 of each gem- I probably have about 15 of the common ones. I sent out gems to be cut in all different shapes and have gotten them back in the mail, and i've unlocked 4 different cuts of gems (none of which are the heart shaped ones). I unlocked the Collection Helper from happiness rewards, have the life fruit, cut all my gems, and i've collected all 10 gems in Sunset Valley! I'm going crazy trying to get this heart shaped cut pink diamond!!!!  :-[
days and days go on (for my sim of course), and my sim is constantly collecting gems, sending them to be cut, and getting them in the mail and no sign of the pink heart shaped diamond. How do i get it faster?? Did i do everything right??
Also, if i want to make another sim bot in the future will the materials come easier and faster or will i have to go on a mad gem hunt again  >:(

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Getting the heart-shaped cut pink diamond for simbot?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 07:09:04 PM »
The easiest way to get the pink diamond is to watch the map after being given the Op.  to make a simbot,  It will be pinpointed, but you could have to wait several days.

Alternatively, the second easiest way (that I know of - I don't own all EP's) id to buy it from the consignment store.  If they don't have one, buy everything in the store forcing the store to restock.  You may have to do this several times. (This is cheating, but, you could put a couple of extra tills in the consignment store to increase your chances.)

Learn how to split space rocks with the martial arts skill.  The more skilled. the more frequently you will get a gem from splitting the space rock.  Pink diamonds are rare, but I have obtain a good number this way.

Buy a miner from the consignment store or make one on the invention bench.  Mining will occasionally find a pink diamond.

Lastly - cheat.  Place an epic gem spawner on or near your lot, using buydebud, and wait.  Again, it's a rare gem so you may have to wait a while.

Finally, I have seen a set of maps showing approximate pink diamond spawning places.  I think it was in "The Sims 3 Guide" on this site.  The only other site I go to that could have the maps is the official site.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 08:37:38 PM »
Have you seen the guide article about gems and the different cuts? You can find it here. The gem cuts unlocked are not random, there is an order in which they are unlocked and each has a requirement. The heart cut is unlocked when you do the Gem collector challenge.

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline iariley15

• Nooboo
  • Tapatalk User
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 11:22:54 PM »
If you have dragon valley your green dragon might spawn one

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 11:31:19 PM »
Dogs can find them while hunting, if you have the Pets EP.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded