Author Topic: EADM is Weird! also update issue :)  (Read 2199 times)

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
EADM is Weird! also update issue :)
« on: October 25, 2010, 09:30:21 PM »
I went to fire up EADM to hopefully get some updates in my game as I haven't seen one pop in my launcher since... hmmm forever actually.

So I fire it up and it says it would like to update, so I though ok, do it. The strangest thing happened, it loaded in like hebrew or something ok I am making that up it might not be hebrew but it certainly is not english. So I attempted to fumble my way in, just to find that I can't remember my password, when I got the link from EA to reset said password, it was fine except some error message comes up, which I guess is that my new password didn't meet some requirements.

Where do I get EADM in english? I tried downloading it from ea directly but the same thing happens each time. I don't know what the problem is.

I would like all the funky glitches to be fixed now I have ambitions. Is there a way to update without having to use EADM if the launcher isn't grabbing them for me?

I am lost and confuzzled :|
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: EADM is Weird! also update issue :)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 09:57:53 PM »
Are you trying to use the EA Download Manager instead of the Sims 3 Download Manager?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 01:31:17 PM »
I had issues with my EA download manager as well, I couldn't get it working at all. I wanted to re-install and googled ea download manager and downloaded it from eastore.ea.com. My computer takes me automatically to the Finnish page, I hope it's on the US page as well. In Finnish page it is near the top right, white text on light blue background saying download latest ea download manager here. Mine is in English, not Hebrew.  :D

I finally got it working after uninstalling and re-installing and downloading all important fixes from Windows Update and cleaning my Windows temp folder.

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 04:30:13 PM »
Ok so today I finally sorted out the silly EADM, fumbling around until it is now in English and I understand it lol

but still no updates are appearing in my game launcher :( therefore I am still confused.

Pam: I am not sure exactly what you mean, therefore I am going to guess that I do not use the Sims 3 download manager :)

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 07:01:50 AM »
Sorry, I think I misspoke.  I meant the Sims 3 Launcher.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."