Author Topic: Sims3 Launcher has stopped working, please help?  (Read 9801 times)

Offline Kyukiness

• Nooboo
Sims3 Launcher has stopped working, please help?
« on: August 12, 2013, 04:02:12 PM »
Hello! Whenever I tried to click play The Sims 3 from Origin, waiting for the Launcher to open. It doesn't open and it said, "Sims3 Launcher has stopped working, Windows is checking a solution for the problem." But it never solved the problem. So then I tried bypassing the launcher while following the instructions. I did everything and got the shortcut on my desktop, but when I double click it, origin pops up launching the launcher which still shows "Sims3 Launcher has stopped working."

I don't want origin to pop up, forcing the launcher to open at all but it always does that. I have windows 7. My Origin games aren't installed in the (C:) hard drive, I put it in the (D:) so it doesn't have program files. But all my games including expansions are in the folder called Origin.

Offline Angélique

• Townie
Re: Sims3 Launcher has stopped working, please help?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 07:24:59 PM »
What's the name of the file that the shortcut on your desktop is leading to?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kyukiness

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 07:34:12 PM »
What's the name of the file that the shortcut on your desktop is leading to?

TS3W- Shortcut

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 07:44:09 PM »
Try making your shortcut to TS3EPx where x is the number of the last installed EP.  As you are not using a standard setup, I can't give you the full path.  However, it should be under Program files (x86), the Sims 3, The Sims 3 your last installed EP Game, Bin.

I use this all the time.  Hope that helps.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline slightlyaddicted

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 03:09:43 PM »
If you can get your game open what you can do is pin it to the taskbar. By doing so when you click on it, it will bypass the launcher and load the game directly. Thats what I had to do when I had the same issue.

anything