Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326607 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2013, 03:37:18 PM »
There is no rule on multiples for this dynasty, but I am going to assume it is the same like the Immortal Dynasty.

"In the event a pregnancy results in twins or triplets, then the first named child is the next immortal." -- in this case, first named child is the next heir.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2013, 03:43:55 PM »
From the rules on page 1:
You automatically assign a Sim to be an heir if he/she is the firstborn of the previous generation.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2013, 05:34:10 PM »
Regarding the fish (one more time): I don't have any storage chests, but I would keep them in family inventory until the big move and then put them in the fridge. I would rather display them in bowls and count original value, though.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2013, 05:44:41 PM »
@Krae

The Family Collection must be on display at all times either on your home lot or on a purchased lot.  You need to put the fish on display, which means fish bowl in your case, not family inventory (or fridge).

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2013, 05:47:36 PM »
Sounds good to me. I have fish planned for town #3 (Riverview) so I'm just planning for the future.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2013, 10:10:20 PM »
What happens if the fish die?
Cynthia

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2013, 10:24:09 PM »
@CynKuy

If you have pets xpac, leaving uncooked fish on the floor they will never die.  If the fish dies in the bowl, then you need to go fish another fish for the moving requirement, if you are using fish as one of the collection.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2013, 10:39:26 PM »
I guess I just need to make my fisherman my moving heir, or just extend his life until I'm ready to place those fish.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2013, 08:34:07 AM »
@CynKuy

If you have pets xpac, leaving uncooked fish on the floor they will never die.  If the fish dies in the bowl, then you need to go fish another fish for the moving requirement, if you are using fish as one of the collection.

That's how it is in real life too, right?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2013, 11:08:09 AM »
@KRae

I got confirmation from Metro regarding the fish.  For people without the pets xpac, you can display the fish in bowls, but take the fish original value at the time of moving.  You can scoop the fish out of the bowl, jot down the value, then put the fish back in the bowl.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2013, 11:55:58 AM »
That's how it is in real life too, right?

Totally. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to pick some money off this tree before I have to be somewhere else. *whistles tunelessly*

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2013, 12:27:04 PM »
@KRae

I got confirmation from Metro regarding the fish.  For people without the pets xpac, you can display the fish in bowls, but take the fish original value at the time of moving.  You can scoop the fish out of the bowl, jot down the value, then put the fish back in the bowl.

Is this only for people without Pets, or can we choose to do that with Pets as well?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2013, 12:34:33 PM »
I would think that if you have Pets, it would be easier just to put them on the floor with a little fence around them. It may not look as nice, just easier.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2013, 12:44:45 PM »
@ombradellarosa

You can choose to do that with Pets as well, but like KRae said in the previous post, it is easier to just put them on the floor.  You don't have to worry about feeding them or them dying on you, just have to put a fence / wall around them and lock out the pets.  If you are going for looks, by all means put them in bowls  ;D 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2013, 12:46:21 PM »
Would it make life easier on players to just remove the whole "display" requirement for the collection? So, we'd go from...

The Family Collection must be on display at all times either on your home lot or on a purchased lot and must remain in the neighborhood and not packed up when it’s moving time.

To...

The Family Collection must remain in the neighborhood and not packed up when it’s moving time.

I mean if players want to display it for photo/story purposes, that's great. But this way it's player choice. Let me know your 2 cents.