Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 323246 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2013, 05:36:11 PM »
Yes, the rule did say nearly any type of object qualifies.  I say it should count as a collection, call it the cooking collection.  And the meal quality shouldn't matter, should it?  I mean bad quality will just have $0 value, good quality have like $5 value, while perfect meal have like $10 value? 

We never did state that the collection items have to be perfect quality.

Well, true. You have a point. It was not so much about the value for me as the difficulty of making sure it was perfect at moving time. But, my arm can be twisted to make all meals qualify. Today's special = green putrid carbonara! :)

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2013, 08:04:57 PM »
Well, true. You have a point. It was not so much about the value for me as the difficulty of making sure it was perfect at moving time. But, my arm can be twisted to make all meals qualify. Today's special = green putrid carbonara! :)

Ewwww... LOL!!! Thank you all!

What about upgraded appliances? On the life-states it says they do count but then, how do I count its value? If the value is related to the appliance itself then I'll be upgrading flat screens and fireplaces!
ˇPura vida!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »
What about upgraded appliances? On the life-states it says they do count but then, how do I count its value? If the value is related to the appliance itself then I'll be upgrading flat screens and fireplaces!

Hm, upgraded appliances wouldn't work for this dynasty.  I say "no" to handiness upgraded objects for collection. 
My explanation for saying no is that objects upgraded by the handiness skill is not a product of the skill.  Meals are created from cooking skill, paintings are created from painting skill, sculptures are created from sculpting skill, etc. 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2013, 09:16:39 PM »
Hm, upgraded appliances wouldn't work for this dynasty.  I say "no" to handiness upgraded objects for collection. 
My explanation for saying no is that objects upgraded by the handiness skill is not a product of the skill.  Meals are created from cooking skill, paintings are created from painting skill, sculptures are created from sculpting skill, etc.

One could make the argument that because of the handiness skill you are essentially transforming one type of object into another, so you are getting a different end result. But, I agree. There is no creation from scratch. On the other hand we are being looser with the types of items allowed. There is nothing in the rules stating that objects must be made from a skill—plenty of other types of collection objects qualify that are not the product of a skill. So, I guess my vote would be yes.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2013, 09:25:29 PM »
So, I guess my vote would be yes.

Yes!  Flatscreens here I come.  I'm assuming we are taking the value of the item then?

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2013, 09:29:36 PM »

My vote is yes.  You are using a skill to make a "new item".  I think the value of it, unfortunately, should be what the object would give you if you sold it since there is no way of figuring a value for the upgraded item.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2013, 09:30:41 PM »
Yes!  Flatscreens here I come.  I'm assuming we are taking the value of the item then?

Yep. And why think small? Upgrade the teleporter! Lol.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2013, 11:09:48 PM »
Okay, as everyone knows, I don't have a lot of expansion packs, but I've figured out a way, using what has been stated as acceptable, to not repeat 4X4 collections. Maybe this will help others. I'm using: beetles, butterflies, inventions, gems, plants, sculptures, spirits, wedding gifts, metals, fish, career rewards, lifetime rewards, paintings, potions (no value), celebrity gifts, and books. The only skill certificates I will use as career rewards are cooking, guitar, and charisma. And yes, I'm only going to let my politician learn charisma. As far as skill challenges go, just make sure you save them for one heir. For instance my heir #3 was an inventor, and although he reached level 10 in handiness, he didn't get any handiness skill challenges. I'm saving those for my astronaut. Same with heir #4, a firefighter, currently level 8 . The poor guy got Diabolical Detonator, Widget Wonder, and is at level 8 in bass (heading for Master Bassist). He just had his adult birthday.
 I'm almost done with the first town and will report my stats soon.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2013, 02:27:47 PM »
I seem to remember reading somewhere in the DecaDynasty rules that the Chinese books counted as harvestables if you fed them to an omniplant.  So;
  • Do they also count for this dynasty?
  • Would books written by a Sim still count as a separate collection? ( They look very similar but are the product of a different skill.)
Although, if upgraded appliances count, they're way better than books ;).

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #234 on: September 19, 2013, 02:51:29 PM »
I seem to remember reading somewhere in the DecaDynasty rules that the Chinese books counted as harvestables if you fed them to an omniplant.  So;
  • Do they also count for this dynasty?
  • Would books written by a Sim still count as a separate collection? ( They look very similar but are the product of a different skill.)
Although, if upgraded appliances count, they're way better than books ;).

The collection for this dynasty is much less strict than the DecaDynasty, nearly any type of object qualifies. 
Omniplant harvestables - yes
Books written by a sim - yes
Count as separate collection - yes

Upgraded appliances do count, like metro say, go big - upgrade teleporters !  Oh and don't forget meals, green putrid carbonara.  Although I don't think meals are worth a lot of money, even the perfect quality ones won't be much.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2013, 03:24:19 PM »
OK, thanks :D

Edit: and how could anyone forget putrid geen carbonara?  ???

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2013, 06:09:14 PM »
My Washington 4x4 family has completed its time in Sunset Valley.

Collection: Beetles, Butterflies, Gems, Inventions total value 27,100  all properties owned and upgraded, all buildings owned
Unique Career Rewards: Medical Trophy of Honor, Gardening Hero Trophy, Inventor's Hero Medal of Genius, Inventor's Key to Sunset Valley

All heirs completed their adding an heir requirements. I think I'll save all that for if and when I complete the entire dynasty. An interesting note. I didn't use fruit to influence gender, yet all heirs were male. Also, upon moving to Twinbrook, the new founders traded in 5.7million for 4k. This is a good thing. Wealthy families get boring.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2013, 08:46:24 PM »
lol that's a heck of a Sunset Valley exit tax they were assessed! ;D

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #238 on: September 19, 2013, 11:57:39 PM »
Pretty sure the answer is no, but I'm going to ask anyway - can pets contribute to the family collection? Specifically, I'm looking at dogs and their ability to dig up the fragments for reconstruction, since it can't be acquired in any other way.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #239 on: September 20, 2013, 12:23:46 AM »
Pretty sure the answer is no, but I'm going to ask anyway - can pets contribute to the family collection? Specifically, I'm looking at dogs and their ability to dig up the fragments for reconstruction, since it can't be acquired in any other way.

Only founders and heirs can contribute to family goals, so I'm pretty sure the answer is no too  :(

anything