Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326628 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #450 on: October 25, 2013, 08:35:28 AM »
Can we still learn the bot making skill and make Plumbots if we just sell them directly after making them?
So we can pursue the career attached to the skill?

Running some test, will let you know once the we decided what to do with plumbots.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #451 on: October 25, 2013, 02:49:14 PM »
Here's the problem with the door of Life and Death..if you tell your Sim to go through it, then it's not freewill on their part...

• You may only kill to create a ghost and this is crucial — it has to be freewill on your Sim’s part that kills him/her. You cannot directly instruct a Sim to do an action resulting in death. Here’s an example: you can set up a situation where there is a puddle of water near a broken electrical appliance, BUT you cannot tell Sims to fix the appliance. They have to do it themselves.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #452 on: October 25, 2013, 02:55:50 PM »
I just realised that 2 of my Generation 1's opportunities were actually from university, but he did complete two others 'Popular Painter' and one other, where you had to do 15 paintings but I can't recall what that was called. I'd posted on my heir's stats that he had used the two university opportunities but he had completed the other two opportunities before he tried for a baby so is it okay to change those university opps for the painting ones? And does anyone know what the 15 paintings one was called?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #453 on: October 25, 2013, 02:58:54 PM »
I just realised that 2 of my Generation 1's opportunities were actually from university, but he did complete two others 'Popular Painter' and one other, where you had to do 15 paintings but I can't recall what that was called. I'd posted on my heir's stats that he had used the two university opportunities but he had completed the other two opportunities before he tried for a baby so is it okay to change those university opps for the painting ones? And does anyone know what the 15 paintings one was called?

Yes, go ahead and change the 2 university opp to "Popular Painter" and "Painting the City" -- 15 paintings one.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #454 on: October 25, 2013, 03:31:26 PM »

Just because im curious, why would you want to change them?
Are the university once not counting or?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #455 on: October 25, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
Just because im curious, why would you want to change them?
Are the university once not counting or?

If the opp takes up the university slot, then no you can't count them.  If they take up a regular slot (career, skill, special) then yes you can count them.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #456 on: October 25, 2013, 03:36:41 PM »
If the opp takes up the university slot, then no you can't count them.  If they take up a regular slot (career, skill, special) then yes you can count them.

Ahh yeah ofc, silly me. Havent played much with university.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #457 on: October 25, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »
Grim's Ghastly Manor Updates:

Door of Life and Death Reincarnation
Founders / Heirs -- No
Household Members -- Yes

Door of Life and Death intentionally killing off sim
Founders / Heirs -- No
Household Members -- No

Into The Future 2nd Update:

Plumbots -- we have decided to allow plumbots in this dynasty as household members.  Remember its household member, so your plumbot cannot contribute to family collection, career reward requirement, and large tombstones.

* NOTE * Please remember this is for the 4x4 Dynasty, other dynasties will have different rules.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #458 on: October 25, 2013, 03:58:12 PM »
Yay, thank you!

I'm kinda itching to get back to the Dynasty family, though I'm so slow at it.

Offline MissWulfy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #459 on: October 26, 2013, 03:02:14 AM »
Yay Plumbots!!  ;D
I'm so happy we can use them in the 4x4. I'm lazy so now I don't have to start a new game to try them out ::)
I'm on fire, I'm a fighter. I'll forever be the last one standing.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #460 on: October 26, 2013, 02:57:04 PM »
New rules addition:

Buying lottery "lotto" ticket is banned for the entire household.

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #461 on: October 26, 2013, 03:09:20 PM »
Can you please detail the process of "moving" a sim and/or their spouse to a new world? Do we save that sim at moving time and then open them up in the new world? I feel such details should be added to the first post to avoid confusion.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #462 on: October 26, 2013, 03:10:14 PM »
Can you please detail the process of "moving" a sim and/or their spouse to a new world? Do we save that sim at moving time and then open them up in the new world? I feel such details should be added to the first post to avoid confusion.

You move through using your smartphone.

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #463 on: October 26, 2013, 03:12:28 PM »
You move through using your smartphone.

Oh? I was not aware of that function. Perhaps add that detail to the first post?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #464 on: October 26, 2013, 03:24:38 PM »
The ability to move in-game came with a patch.

However, if you're like me and never even used it until doing a challenge file:

You must have at least 20k simoleans as a "deposit" to move. Through the smartphone, it's under the travel and real estate option, simply just Move. Then you have the option to either just move to another house in town, or move to a new world. The game will prompt you to save before moving. Once you've chosen your new residence, it'll prompt you to save again. One thing that happened during the challenge file is, apparently, self employment gets reset (in my challenge file, the eldest child was a self employed painter, and when they moved to the last world, his self employment reset to 1) - though this could have been a bug, too.

Good luck with your dynasty!