Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326023 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #540 on: November 08, 2013, 02:09:04 PM »
I've run into a bug with my male founder and the twin of my heir, both went on a vacation together to acquire a vacation home for this town and also to pick up some relics and maybe some parts of  the needed collections.
When they returned home from vacation their needs were maxed out, which isn't strange since they have a motive mobile but their needs never goes down at all since they returned!
They do age normally thankfully, so I wonder can I keep them that way? That bug might never go away for as far as I know.

If not I do have a save before their vacation and I can always redo it since it is only the number of trips that are restricted...

Lol — for a change a player has a good bug!  ;D Hehe, well go ahead and try restarting from your previous save and we'll go from there.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #541 on: November 08, 2013, 02:13:52 PM »
Lol — for a change a player has a good bug!  ;D Hehe, well go ahead and try restarting from your previous save and we'll go from there.
I know right? Usually you get the really bad ones, but that one ain't too bad. Oh well I can re-do the trip after the next birthday.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #542 on: November 09, 2013, 01:07:03 AM »
Well, a ray of hope for those who like to play Into the Future.

Skill Opportunities do still happen, just have a ridiculously low chance now.

My third generation's spouse got an opportunity related to logic (Becoming More Logical), but she's a sculptor by profession.

I'm still going to adjust my plans to limit self-employment now, but I wanted to let everyone know.

It's miniscule, but it's there! /hurray

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #543 on: November 09, 2013, 06:47:29 AM »
Well, a ray of hope for those who like to play Into the Future.
Skill Opportunities do still happen, just have a ridiculously low chance now.
My third generation's spouse got an opportunity related to logic (Becoming More Logical), but she's a sculptor by profession.
I'm still going to adjust my plans to limit self-employment now, but I wanted to let everyone know.
It's miniscule, but it's there! /hurray
I received one skill opp as well, in cooking, before uninstalled ITF, when a non-heir sim was hibernating in her chamber. I found it arrived at a time when I wasn't focusing on her and she obviously couldn't do anything about phone calls. When they receive skill calls there are usually three scenarios, the first is answering the phone, shouting and cancelling it without my interfere (this happened to my other files before quite a lot and somehow it's fixed in later patches I guess); the second is I ignore call and nothing pops up and the third is leaving the phone ringing all time - I suspect this way it has a chance of getting opp but I am not sure, sometimes it'd stop ringing mid-way. Still I've decided to leave ITF alone as I've planned too many ambition careers but I really wish they could fix it as I miss the clothes and indoor plants! I doubt it though now that the last expansion is out. 

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #544 on: November 09, 2013, 07:56:13 PM »
Okay, here's the stats I promised on my completed Washington 4x4. All heirs were given names of towns in my state, Washington, alphabetically (only one J in the whole state).

World 1  Sunset Valley - founders Tacoma (a 4x4 truck) and Sequim Washington
Collection Gems, Butterflies, Beetles, Invention  total 27,100
All buildings and properties owned and upgraded
Career Rewards  Medical Trophy of Honor, Gardener's Hero Trophy, Inventor's Hero Medal, Inventor's Key to Sunset Valley
Tombstones  Sequim, Tacoma, Aberdeen, and Blaine Washington
No Travel

Heir 1  Aberdeen Washington  Career: Medical, BFs: Sunny Bakshi and Angelina Adam  Skill Challenges: Grand Master, Skill Professor, Master Chemist  Ops: Riddle Away, A Little Give and Take, Taking Down Sinclair, Blood is Not Blue

Heir 2 Blaine Washington  Career: Gardener BFs: Jamal Bryant and Alice Chu  Skill Challenges: Botanical Boss, Master Farmer, Master Planter  Ops: Peppers on Parade, Uncommonly Good, Outstandingly Rare, Garlic Goodness

Heir 3  Chehalis Washington  Career: Inventor  BFs: Cameron Layne and Danny Kauker  Skill Challenges: Scrap Collector, Ultimate Invention, Master Inventor  Ops: Hygienation Hijinks, Teching Up the Spa, Master Invention, Intelligence Through Environment

Heir 4  Duvall Washington  Career: Firefighter  BFs: Chet Bowans and Todd Crouse  Skill Challenges: Diabolical Detonator, Widget Wonder, Master Bassist  Ops: Jog Everywhere, Corporate Parties, No Jams No Fun, The Stand-In

World 2  Twinbrook   Founders - Duvall and Lily Washington
Collection: Wedding Gifts, Sculptures, Plants, Spirits  Total: 82,535
All Buildings and Properties Purchased and Upgraded
Career Rewards: Firefighter Of the Year Trophy, Sculptor's Epic Hero Medal, Police Cruiser, Spooky Trophy
Tombstones: Duvall, Lily, Everett, and Fife Washington
No Travel

Heir 5  Everett Washington  Career: Sculptor  BFs: Ginger Finney and Suzette Main  Skill Challenges: Ice Personality, Master Sculptor, Prolific Sculptor  Ops: Help the School, An Old Ruse, Delivering the Green, Valuable Sculpture

Heir 6  Fife Washington  Career: Law Enforcement (spy)  BFs: Stuart Burch and Miguel Runyon  Skill Challenges: Marathon Runner, Body Builder, Fitness Nut  Ops: The Wrong Pair of Shoes, Whistle While You Police, A Stimulating Experiment, Fixing the Celestial Slump

Heir 7  Granger Washington  Career: Scientist  BFs: Dameon Tolstov and Vito Wise  Skill Challenges: Consignment Profit, Consignment Store Reputation, Consignment Store Sales  Ops: Scavenger Hunt - Rare Elements, Excellent Veggies, Catch of the Day, Best Evaporating Dish is a Clean One

Heir 8  Hoquiam Washington  Career: Ghost Hunter  BFs: Lara Agee and Franco Daniel  Skill Challenges: Master of Mood, Poseidon, Cool Creator  Ops: Easy Theater Job, Spirit Donation, Big Business Mixer, Scare the Crooks

World 3  Riverview  Founders - Hoquiam and Rose Washington
Collection: Metals, Fish, Space Rocks, LTRs  Total  50,833
Career Rewards: Spirit Positioning Device, Minus One Fridge, Ingredient Eviscerator 235x, Fabulous Angler Medal
Tombstones: Hoquiam, Rose, Issaquah, and Joyce Washington
No Travel

Heir 9  Issaquah Washington  Career: Culinary  BFs: Chase Talley and Bambi Wilkerson  Skill Challenges: Menu Maven, Star Chef, World-Class Chef  Ops: Learn a Recipe, Borrowing Ingredients, Catering Time, Burgers for Sims in Uniform

Heir 10  Joyce Washington  Career: Fishing  BFs: Ronny Ward and Sophie Negrette  Skill Challenges: Metal Collector, Amateur Ichthyologist, Commercial Fisherman  Ops: Monster from the Deep, Settle an Argument, Funny Looking Fish, Say Hello to My Little Fish

Heir 11 Kelso Washington  Career: Military  BFs: Francis Deaton and Doreen McKnight  Skill Challenges: Plumber, Electrician, Tinkerer  Ops: Military Contracts, Fix the Election Machines, Bring Back the Jams, Zen and Airplane Maintenance

Heir 12  Langly Washington  Career: Investigator  BFs: Tamika Ashton and Melissa Deaton  Skill Challenges: Teacher Extrordinaire, Celestial Explorer, Master Drummer Ops: Case of the Hacker Elite, Urban Noise, Case of the Hacked Off Client, Case of a Little Dirt

World 4  Bridgeport  Founders - Langly and Marla Washington
Collection: Paintings, Potions, Celebrity Gifts, Books  Total 40,749
Career Rewards: PI Honor Trophy, Artist's Painted Ribbon, Sims Choice Award, Green Orb Award
Tombstones: Langly, Marla, Machias, and Nisqually Washington
No Travel

Heir 13  Machias Washington  Career: Painter  BFs: Basil Jackson and Sebastian Striker  Skill Challenges: Proficient Painter, Brushmaster, Master Painter  Ops: Make a Dream, Business Model, A Large Painting, The Study of Art

Heir 14  Nisqually Washington  Career: Actor  BFs: Jammie Villarreal and Rayne Cabrera  Skill Challenges: Celebrity, Super Friendly, Personable  Ops: Tough Negotiating, Set Clean Up, Starting Out, Emergency Interviewer

Heir 15 Omak Washington  Career: Music (rockstar) BFs: Wilfred Knight and Roderick Becerra  Skill Challenges: Money Maker (Guitar), Master Guitarist, Money Maker (Piano)  Ops: Extreme Digits, Underground Protest, Finger Tips, Stick Around for the Music

Heir 16 Poulsbo Washington  Career: Business  BFs: Jan Hamby and Antony Thornton  Skill Challenges: Humor Novelist, Speed Writer, Prolific Writer  Ops: Scavenger Hunt - Butterfly Bonanza, Add a Little Drama, Book Donation, The Write Opinion.

Sorry about the long post  (My poor arthritic fingers)

Well done, congrats KRae on been the first one finishing up your 4x4 Dynasty.  Also thanks for sharing your stats, what a great idea on the naming theme!  ;D

Out of curiosity what did your founders Tacoma and Sequim Washington do in the beginning for money, like what careers, skills and so forth did they do to bring in the money for the household?  ;)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #545 on: November 09, 2013, 08:08:52 PM »
Sequim was in the business career up to level 8 and quit. They both collected and shared gardening. One had the gardening skill and planted and fertilized while the other did not have the skill and harvested so no skill challenges were achieved. She, Tacoma, learned up to level 7 reading at the library and then just planted all the special seeds that were collected. The gardening station allows two harvests per day of those money trees and they started investing in buildings and properties as soon as possible.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #546 on: November 09, 2013, 10:00:30 PM »
Sequim was in the business career up to level 8 and quit. They both collected and shared gardening. One had the gardening skill and planted and fertilized while the other did not have the skill and harvested so no skill challenges were achieved. She, Tacoma, learned up to level 7 reading at the library and then just planted all the special seeds that were collected. The gardening station allows two harvests per day of those money trees and they started investing in buildings and properties as soon as possible.

I also would like to start my 4x4 Dynasty and want to plan ahead so thanks for the feedback.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #547 on: November 10, 2013, 06:21:00 AM »
Can founders share careers?

Specifically, I'm looking at heir #4's future wife learning and self-employing alchemy, but that's already been used by one of the founders of world 1.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #548 on: November 10, 2013, 07:20:20 AM »

Specifically, I'm looking at heir #4's future wife learning and self-employing alchemy, but that's already been used by one of the founders of world 1.
I think that as long as you aren't planing on using it for an unique career for one of the heirs as many sims as you like can have it.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #549 on: November 10, 2013, 11:57:24 AM »

Margerita is correct.  As long as alchemy isn't one of your heirs or future heirs "unique" max career, you can share them.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #550 on: November 10, 2013, 12:06:17 PM »
I've just installed Showtime (yay!) and I'm just about to open up my dynasty file. I want to place Master Mick's Karaoke Bar in the town so do I have to do that now?

EDIT: I've just got the message to add the different lots, so do I have to add them all or just the ones I want?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #551 on: November 10, 2013, 12:08:51 PM »
Can heirs not have the same career as founders?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #553 on: November 10, 2013, 01:38:24 PM »
I've just installed Showtime (yay!) and I'm just about to open up my dynasty file. I want to place Master Mick's Karaoke Bar in the town so do I have to do that now?

EDIT: I've just got the message to add the different lots, so do I have to add them all or just the ones I want?

Snufflesxx-

This is from the edit town FAQ page:

When I get a new expansion, can I place the new buildings into my town or do I have to wait?
 -- You have to place the buildings at the exact moment you load up the game after you receive the expansion.  Sometimes the game will prompt you but not all of the lots someone may need/want are available at the time.  This is a one time deal so make sure you have everything ready before you play your dynasty again.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #554 on: November 10, 2013, 01:40:57 PM »
Snufflesxx-

This is from the edit town FAQ page:

When I get a new expansion, can I place the new buildings into my town or do I have to wait?
 -- You have to place the buildings at the exact moment you load up the game after you receive the expansion.  Sometimes the game will prompt you but not all of the lots someone may need/want are available at the time.  This is a one time deal so make sure you have everything ready before you play your dynasty again.

Thank you, Nutella. I just wanted to make sure.  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock