Author Topic: Store World - Midnight Hollow  (Read 63384 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: New Store World - Midnight Hollow
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2013, 03:36:58 PM »
Well, the thing is, with the new register anyone could make a toy store, or any other kind of store. I expect there to at least be a jack-in-the-box, and probably more.

Oh yes I understand that, I was thinking more along the lines of how it worked in the last game, where you had benches a little like the inventors bench we have now to make unique items for sale, like the toys, robots and florist things, the jack in the box just put that in mind as it was one of the things you could make, it's fun running a store but it's nice to be able to craft what you put in it, but I guess we can do that with all those little metal toys inventors make, better than just giving them to the consignment store at least.

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2013, 05:46:22 PM »
I've never ever got excited over a new town! THIS ONE I AM!! I love Moonlight Falls, so this fits perfectly! My Sims' lives have always been plain jane. I've never really done anything diverse & exciting, so I'm willing to buy it! I love couture(?) fashion & living, so WOOP! WOOP! I know the Specters are returning.... maybe some Goths? Hmm...  ;)
 The premium content has an OFB vibe, so that'll be a fail or success.
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2013, 06:15:04 PM »
If I buy a $60.00 Simpoint bundle today, will I be able to use some of those simpoints to buy Midnight Hollow?  or do I need to wait and buy the Midnight Hollow simpoint package?  Does that make sense?  I think with Monte Vista and Dragon Valley you had to buy the Bundle that included the world.  I only have $60.00 to spend...not $103.50.  So I need to do this right.

I understand what you mean. Because they have those items now available in a simpoint bundle, I would think that the town would be available just for the simpoints. I think they would have a lot of angry people on their hands if they released this simpoints bundle now and then in 2 weeks time say oh, you have to buy a simpoint bundle to get Midnight Hollows. That being said, I'm still going to wait for the release date before I buy my bundle of points.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2013, 08:17:21 PM »
If I buy a $60.00 Simpoint bundle today, will I be able to use some of those simpoints to buy Midnight Hollow?  or do I need to wait and buy the Midnight Hollow simpoint package?  Does that make sense?  I think with Monte Vista and Dragon Valley you had to buy the Bundle that included the world.  I only have $60.00 to spend...not $103.50.  So I need to do this right.

Also, there is going to be a live SimTalk next Tuesday, September 17, 2013.  I'm sure there will be something about Midnight Hollow on that talk Caterina, and hopefully there will be some cleanup of the store entry.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2013, 08:35:47 PM »
Also, there is going to be a live SimTalk next Tuesday, September 17, 2013.  I'm sure there will be something about Midnight Hollow on that talk Caterina, and hopefully there will be some cleanup of the store entry.

Yes, they have said that they will talk about the gold edition on that live chat.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2013, 09:17:28 PM »
Last night I was thinking of some things that put a damper on things just a little. For one, there seems to be no way to sell wall decorations - paintings, drawings, etc., because everything to sell has to be on a rug or pedestal or shelf, etc. I can understand though why they couldn't put something for wall decorations - there is no item that can go underneath. Another thing I am wondering, is how it will work in game - will townies/NPCs come to the shop? How many of them? 1 a day, or 50 a day? The answer to that could make or break this whole thing.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2013, 09:19:46 PM »
Harry Potter AND Open For Business! That breaks it! I'm totally begging my parents for this! (Wait, $60? That's expensive...)(EDIT: If I don't care for a whopping 3 CAS pieces, I can get it for as little as $20)

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2013, 09:24:24 PM »
I was wondering about wall decorations too Pally. I guess for paintings, you could have them on the easel and place the easel on a rug and sell them together. Maybe there is something else for wall items that they just haven't mentioned.
As to who and how many will shop, in Open For Business, it was townies and NPC's that came and the number would vary. it may be similar with this Savvy Seller set.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2013, 09:56:18 PM »
I was wondering about wall decorations too Pally. I guess for paintings, you could have them on the easel and place the easel on a rug and sell them together. Maybe there is something else for wall items that they just haven't mentioned.
As to who and how many will shop, in Open For Business, it was townies and NPC's that came and the number would vary. it may be similar with this Savvy Seller set.

Yeah, I'm just thinking that it might be different because these are just items added to the game - they're not included with an expansion that actually changes game mechanics - so I'm not sure how they plan to attract customers. But I'm no expert, just worrying for nothing lol.
I like your easel idea!

Offline Gulliver the cat!

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2013, 02:50:13 AM »
Oh my! Olive Specter and business objects! * Happy dance* My two most missed things from the Sims 2 have finally arrived for the Sims 3 ;D
Now I need to convince my mom to buy it... ::)

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2013, 04:46:22 AM »
I'm so excited for this town. My want list is fast growing & I have it in order of what to buy next £ this hat jumped to the top of my list. I just recently bought Supernatural and although I've added some of the items to IP & Pets (also new) I haven't played Supernatural as a separate game yet so I'm thinking it might mix well with this new town. And I love the shops & we'll be able to add them to any if our other games. Love it.

Thanks EA. thought they might have given up on Sims 3 now, but obviously not. Yay!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2013, 08:06:39 AM »
Thanks EA. thought they might have given up on Sims 3 now, but obviously not. Yay!

Not quite yet anyway.  They are releasing one more expansion pack due out October 22.  After that, I imagine they'll start wrapping things up.  Even so, I would expect the Sims 3 Store to remain open for a time.  I remember that they didn't close the Sims 2 Store until well after Sims 3 started.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
Why should they close the store anyways? People will still keep playing TS3 and they will keep buying items from the store and uploading things on the exchange.
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2013, 12:43:44 PM »
I think it's that it will still be there to buy things from, but they won't be releasing new items, towns, etc. Hopefully they'll allow the same simpoints, AKA the ones we have currently, to be used in the sims 4 store, in other words, be able to transfer them over.

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2013, 04:20:36 PM »
I think it's that it will still be there to buy things from, but they won't be releasing new items, towns, etc. Hopefully they'll allow the same simpoints, AKA the ones we have currently, to be used in the sims 4 store, in other words, be able to transfer them over.
I respect your opinion, but hmmm.. I kinda wonder/ doubt they'll do that. I can bet my hat that Simpoints, Eps, SPs, ect. Are gonna cost a bit more for TS4. I mean TS3 cost $50 when it was released (correct me if I'm wrong) and TS4 preorder is $70-80! Off topic, but yeah. 
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

anything