Author Topic: Store World - Midnight Hollow  (Read 63385 times)

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
Re: New Store World - Midnight Hollow
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2013, 04:43:10 PM »
I think that this world will work bad because of overstuffed townies inventory after buying many items from Savvy Seller's Collection . After several sim days the game will begin to lag... ~( Just my opinion)~.   I really hope that I'm wrong and it will work fine. Midnight Hollow looks promising .  :)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2013, 11:50:37 PM »
I think that this world will work bad because of overstuffed townies inventory after buying many items from Savvy Seller's Collection

Townies don't keep the gifts your sims gives them in their inventories, so I think buying might work the same way. In that case there wouldn't be any lagging problems because of the purchases.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2013, 01:02:45 AM »
Townies don't keep the gifts your sims gives them in their inventories, so I think buying might work the same way. In that case there wouldn't be any lagging problems because of the purchases.

They don't keep the items given????? That is so exasperating! I have been trying to get my sims to give stuff to other families - as a way of transferring them - but if that doesn't work, then I fail to see the whole point of gift giving! I really hope these items sold in these shops will STAY in the townie's inventories, so when I go to play those townies, I can put said bought items on display in their homes!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2013, 03:40:46 PM »
     I am SO excited about this world and the Savvy Seller's Collection.  I did not play Sims 2 on PC so I missed out on Open For Business.  In the Live Broadcast, they said that you could live on the same lot as your store.  I am thinking that you could set up a Bake Sale table or vegetable stand and try to sell those items to your customers.  I am planning to spend some of my birthday money on the $60 Simpoint Bundle so I will have an extra 3550 sim points to spend at the store.  I was browsing the store just now and saw all the Premium Content I already own.  I build a shop that sells only Premium Content.  It might remind me to use it some time.  I can't wait to see all of the shops that the forum builders will be building.

I can't wait to see all of the new interactions that come with the new toys that you can make with the toy machine at the new venue.  The baby mat sounds adorable.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2013, 03:46:36 PM »
     I am SO excited about this world and the Savvy Seller's Collection.  I did not play Sims 2 on PC so I missed out on Open For Business.  In the Live Broadcast, they said that you could live on the same lot as your store.  I am thinking that you could set up a Bake Sale table or vegetable stand and try to sell those items to your customers.  I am planning to spend some of my birthday money on the $60 Simpoint Bundle so I will have an extra 3550 sim points to spend at the store.  I was browsing the store just now and saw all the Premium Content I already own.  I build a shop that sells only Premium Content.  It might remind me to use it some time.  I can't wait to see all of the shops that the forum builders will be building.

I can't wait to see all of the new interactions that come with the new toys that you can make with the toy machine at the new venue.  The baby mat sounds adorable.

I'm really looking forward to seeing a demo of that baby mat thing.  Maybe it'll make burritos a smidge less boring?

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2013, 03:49:46 PM »
They said they will be doing an extended demo and posting it on Youtube tomorrow and Thursday.  She forgot to include children in her demo family that were age appropriate to use the new toys.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2013, 04:03:55 PM »
Oooooh. I would so do a baby items shop. Cribs, walkers, playpens, strollers, changing table/bath, baby monitor. Like a sims mamas & papas. If only there were more designs of strollers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2013, 05:00:53 PM »
Hmm perhaps a toy store, I wonder if there will be a toy makers bench? but then I guess we sort of have that with inventing. Nothing too creepy though I hope, clowns freak me out and that jack in the box face is close enough to making me shudder, I have a hard enough time looking at anybody who got Tragic clowned by a Llama transporter  :-[

Well, you were quite right Turoskel, but the toy shop was much more impressive than I expected! Sadly, I missed the broadcast and the replay links aren't working, but I was able to get the gist of it from SimsVIP. That toy shop looks awesome! Is anyone else planning to make the North Pole and Santa's workshop?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2013, 05:58:06 PM »
I haven't watched the live broadcast yet, but I saw someone else's notes on it. Looks like we are not allowed to sell collectables (metals, paintings, etc.), or anything like food that can be bought from other registers. This completely ruins it for me! :( :( :(

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2013, 06:21:17 PM »
No home garden market stalls or art galleries then? That's so disappointing.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2013, 06:29:43 PM »

You can do the garden market now with the Al Fresco Street Market stands

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2013, 10:51:53 PM »

Yeah I am very disappointed :(
The consignment shop has been mentioned as the way we can sell such things now - but it's not the same. It takes a lot of the fun out of it compared to an actual little shop of your own. Even the market stands don't do the same thing in my opinion.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2013, 08:27:26 PM »
I haven't watched the live broadcast yet, but I saw someone else's notes on it. Looks like we are not allowed to sell collectables (metals, paintings, etc.), or anything like food that can be bought from other registers. This completely ruins it for me! :( :( :(

What! What is their reasoning there! So disappointing! That's why I loved OFB!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2013, 11:53:06 PM »
It's because they already have a way to be sold. Paintings, plants, seeds, gems, space rocks, fish, inventions, can all be sold straight from the inventory.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2013, 01:12:34 AM »
but it's not the same because we can't sell them to other sims from our own shops. Selling from inventory is no fun at all!