Author Topic: Fastest way to level witches powers  (Read 56632 times)

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
Fastest way to level witches powers
« on: September 13, 2013, 01:18:30 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if there was any easier/faster way to level up the witches magic. For example do I just upgrade tons of objects, or play with magic heaps, or cast lots of ice blasts.

Offline Branr

• Occult
Re: Fastest way to level witches powers
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 07:15:58 PM »
It's going to take a while no matter what you try, but I usually go with five basic things:

1-  Have a lot of magic replenishment potions on hand.
B-  buy the most expensive wand.
4-  cast the highest level spell you can.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 07:52:13 PM »
Ok, thanks I will try that.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 05:40:44 AM »
I tend to wait until they are high enough in magic to upgrade items magically, then do them all!

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 12:54:20 PM »
Ok, cool thanks.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 02:23:44 AM »
If you have access to the moodlet manager, you can instantly recharge your magic by curing yourself to get rid of the negative "out of magic" moodlet. Should speed things up.

I pretty much cast low level charms until I can upgrade appliances, then just do that until maxed out.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 04:44:00 AM »
If you go to the spa to get the most expensive treatment, the moodlet from that will overrule the moodlet from loss of magic. Same goes for fairies. You don't need to ever use a moodlet manager or elixir if you have the spa moodlet. Of course, it's $7,500...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 07:49:34 PM »
My preference is Conjure Apples -> Conversion Ritual. It levels fairly quickly, and the results are almost always worth more than the apple. Plus, if you don't like what you got, just convert again.

Also, get a better wand - they reduce the magic usage.

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 06:41:39 AM »
Wow, Thank you all. I didn't know about the moodlet, that's cool. i'll try the conversion ritual & stuff.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 12:29:15 PM »
A lot of this has been said, but what I did to level up my witch very quickly was I used the top spells allowed until she could upgrade objects magically. I sent her to the spa to get the $7,500 package (so when her magic depletes she can continue to cast spells without issue) and then I set up a line of upgrade-able objects (that can be upgraded in two ways, like the cheap dishwasher that you can upgrade to either Silent Running or Unbreakable, cheap computers, cheap TVs) and just sent her down the line of objects and back. I would have her upgrade them all to unbreakable then send her straight down the line to upgrade them to whatever the other upgrade was on each item. I just kept going back and forth up the line (only stopping to have her eat a conjured apple or take an invigorating elixir to keep her needs manageable). I found that leveled me up the quickest because there was no down time between "conjure apple">putting apple on ground>casting conversion ritual or finding someone to Fire Blast/Ice Blast.

Granted, if you get bored, hang around for the Full Moon and have at it with Zombies. I used to level my Witch that way - by having a set of zombie lawn ornaments from her freezing them all with the Ice Blast (this is also a good way to get your magic up to Upgrading things). I prefer upgrading though because the only element is your Sim with the objects (which won't move or disappear off your lot). When you get a line of objects going you can just queue them up and put it on the fastest speed. It's nice to hear how everyone else levels magic too!

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 07:09:24 AM »
Cool, thank you I will be sure to try this.

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 08:32:51 AM »
besides the wands and spells, having a cat helps a lot, because it seems to reduce the spell's magic cost.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 11:16:23 AM »
besides the wands and spells, having a cat helps a lot, because it seems to reduce the spell's magic cost.

Not just cats but other small pets also. But this assuming you have the Pets expansion.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2013, 09:02:59 AM »
Sometimes, when using moodlet manager to clear off the magic warning moodlet, the whole magic bar will disappear. My witch Desire practised spells and used the manager nonstop, and suddenly the magic bar went to 0 and stood there a whole week while Desire was still able to do all spells correctly. It went back to normal, and a few days after it was again two days empty and all spells worked like in a dream. After that, it has been normal, but I would still like to know what caused it, because it was a very beneficial bug.

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 12:12:06 AM »
Sometimes, when using moodlet manager to clear off the magic warning moodlet, the whole magic bar will disappear. My witch Desire practised spells and used the manager nonstop, and suddenly the magic bar went to 0 and stood there a whole week while Desire was still able to do all spells correctly. It went back to normal, and a few days after it was again two days empty and all spells worked like in a dream. After that, it has been normal, but I would still like to know what caused it, because it was a very beneficial bug.

Did you use a cheat to make the needs bar static? Because that's what usually caused it.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

anything