Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 897992 times)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3030 on: December 26, 2020, 11:02:23 AM »
I'm 90% sure that this question has already been answered, but I want to make sure; can we cake up spares and kick them out of the house without doing the requirements for them?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #3031 on: December 26, 2020, 11:11:02 AM »
@mpart: yup. For me it was super-clear who was gonna be the heir from the start so I wasted no time getting those suckers out.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #3032 on: December 26, 2020, 11:31:46 AM »
@mpart: yup. For me it was super-clear who was gonna be the heir from the start so I wasted no time getting those suckers out.

Excellent. That will help a lot. Thanks!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #3033 on: March 28, 2021, 06:59:50 PM »
I have found myself in a predicament. My sim's intended vampire spouse just kicked the bucket and she has already moved in. I have a great system with locking my heirs up in a house and having them just be trapped in there but a ghost would still be able to float through walls. I was wondering if I can bring her back with ambrosia and if so will she still be a vampire? I don't think I have failed the challenge as her death was not planned (how the heck did she even stay out in the sunlight that long?) but I'm not sure what to do going forward.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3034 on: March 28, 2021, 09:55:07 PM »
@mpart: you can bring her back with ambrosia if you want to or any of the other routes. She'll still be a vampire and could get re-bitten if she wasn't any longer, and spouse death isn't a big deal as long as you bring them back for an heir/the heir's requirement to be best friends with both parents as a toddler.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #3035 on: March 28, 2021, 10:28:15 PM »
@mpart: you can bring her back with ambrosia if you want to or any of the other routes. She'll still be a vampire and could get re-bitten if she wasn't any longer, and spouse death isn't a big deal as long as you bring them back for an heir/the heir's requirement to be best friends with both parents as a toddler.

Oh, thank goodness. I was worried it was going to throw a wrench into my plans. Thank you!

Offline GabrellaGore

• Nooboo
« Reply #3036 on: May 24, 2022, 05:53:47 PM »
I just started this challenge (unofficially since I'm using a mod to fix ITF opportunities) and my plan for my two career objects was to have the fishing skill certificate and trophy from the Angler career but it appears as though I lost my skill certificate while upgrading my house. Is there any way to get it back or does that ruin things for me? I'll also be having this sim maxing handiness, can I use that skill certificate instead if it doesn't directly correlate to the angler career?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3037 on: June 02, 2022, 05:17:26 PM »
@GabrellaGore: hey sorry for the delay! You're gonna need to find another career item or change careers. Science uses both fishing and handiness and people have maxed it without all the skills though it is harder.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #3038 on: September 25, 2022, 06:23:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure I just failed my dynasty because I misunderstood the vacation days rule (I didn't realize that each heir only gets 7 days total...I thought you just gained 7 days with each new generation and any number of people, including past heirs, could use those days. Apparently I can't read), but I have a totally separate question that I'll ask anyway.

I just completed generation 5, and my werewolf and her ghost spouse are trying for the next heir. After many tries, their 5th baby came out looking like a ghost, but once that baby became a toddler she revealed herself to be a werewolf (and she has the brown border around her picture in other people's relationship panels, I just didn't notice it before). When I sent her to a mirror, she appeared to be fully solid in CAS like a human, though I think that's typical of ghosts if I remember correctly. So she seems to be a werewolf with full werewolf abilities, but she also has the ghost overlay.

I've seen mentions of hybrids like this on the forum, but I couldn't find a clear answer on whether they are valid as heirs in this dynasty. Can my ghost-werewolf combo be the heir, or do I need to keep trying for a pure ghost? (Her parents also produced a regular human at one point so I'm starting to wonder just how many variations are possible and if they'll EVER produce a pure ghost lol)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3039 on: September 28, 2022, 03:03:49 PM »
Hi @Beks. If you want to talk more about the vacation rule and what you did and didn't do, ask me anywhere.

Yes your ghost hybrid would be the heir. It doesn't matter what's underneath. Also they're VERY inconsistent with how they appear in CAS.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #3040 on: September 29, 2022, 04:34:07 PM »
@Trip Great, thank you! I shall continue with my ghost hybrid as the heir.

I actually just went through my spreadsheet and my notes and calculated the full number of vacation days I've used, and based on my count, I think I'm actually okay. The problem was that a couple of previous heirs came along on gen 5's vacations, and I only counted those days once, not realizing that each heir that came along was using up a day. When I discovered that I'd been miscounting, I kind of assumed I'd failed since my gen 3 heir had come along on all of gen 5's vacations. But then I took the time to count up the days again, counting all heirs, and I actually stayed under the limit. I think.

Here are the numbers, as of the completion of generation 5:

Gen 1 had 7 days available and used 3 (with spouse).
Gen 2 had 11 days available and used none.
Gen 3 had 18 days available and used 8 (2 days with spouse, 6 days solo).
Gen 4 had 17 days available and used none.
Gen 5 had 24 days available and used 17 (1 day with 2 previous heirs; 7 days with 1 previous heir).

That's 28 days total for the first 5 generations, with 17 of those days happening during generation 5.

It's very possible that I'm still misunderstanding the rule (or can't do math) and have indeed failed, so definitely let me know! After the initial "aw shoot I think I messed up" moment, I stomped walked away from the game for a few days and only just now took a closer look at the numbers. Hopefully I'm in the clear but either way I plan to continue the story. :)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3041 on: October 27, 2022, 01:52:13 PM »
@Beks: the math checks out, good luck.

anything