Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971535 times)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10050 on: September 22, 2014, 11:35:02 PM »
Hi, guys, so I'm in a bit of a bind. I'm trying to move in a specific sim but after clicking the 'are you sure this is the family you want to play' yes button, the game seems to get stuck in the processing screen (and I mean stuck, half an hour without any changes before I finally had to use the task manager to end the game). I've tried reinstalling the game, deleting other save files, moving screenshots, clearing caches, etc. None of it seems to be working. As Gen 6 is a toddler, needless to say this is a very worrying development. Does anyone have any tips or tricks? Thanks!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #10051 on: September 23, 2014, 08:33:28 AM »
Have you try moving in a different sim?  Maybe that specific sim is bugged.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #10052 on: September 23, 2014, 08:56:38 AM »
Do I have permission to try? I'd still like to put this baby in the HoF if I can.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #10053 on: September 23, 2014, 10:27:45 AM »
Do a test run and move in a different sim.  If still stuck, then your game is bugged, you have permission to go edit town mode and evict your household to clipboard and then move them back in to see if that solves your problem.  You will still be HOF eligible.

If not stuck, then that specific sim is bugged.  Go back to your official dynasty save and continue, you just have to let go of that specific sim and find a different sim.  You will still be HOF eligible.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #10054 on: September 23, 2014, 01:26:08 PM »
Thank you, Nutella! I'll report my findings ASAP.

Edit: So, after extensive testing, I've come to the conclusion that the still living original townies are all bugged. Darn it, game. Thanks again for the help, Nutella.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10055 on: September 23, 2014, 10:09:12 PM »
I seem to be having an ongoing issue with completing most of the cases in the Investigator Career.

I can now accept the career from the police station and go and interview the client.

I am also able to go and interview/question other people and/or use computers without a problem.

The problem comes when I have to stakeout a community/residential lot or search a community/residential lot for clues. Sims 3 puts it into the queue and then drops it immediately.

Having said that, when I accepted my first case, I was able to search the mail and the bin at their place for clues.

I have reset the sim in question. With no change.

She still has her adult and her elder lifestages to complete her last two black ops.

I am about to have a different sim in my household try to accept and complete a case.

EDIT:
I was able to get another sim from my household into the Investigator Career.
I was able to get him to accept a case.
I was able to get him to talk to other sims about the case.
I was unable to get him to stakeout/search a community/residential lot for clues.
I was able to get him to complete low level police work.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #10056 on: September 25, 2014, 08:43:11 PM »
September 25th, 2014
Rules Modification:

• SimBots may be obtained from Inventing Skill only, and must immediately be released into the wild.  SimBots from lifetime reward (My Best Friend) are banned.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10057 on: September 26, 2014, 04:14:15 AM »
September 25th, 2014
Rules Modification:

• SimBots may be obtained from Inventing Skill only, and must immediately be released into the wild.  SimBots from lifetime reward (My Best Friend) are banned.

What is the difference between simbots acquired in those two ways? Do my best friend simbots give you some kind of advantage that the other kind doesn't provide?

In any case, I am pleased it was announced before my future Gen 4 selected Monster Maker as her LTW, as that was the way she was going to achieve that one. I also couldn't have used the change lifetime want LTR, as that was one of the qualifying LTRs for my Gen 2. At least I won't need to keep that gem I was going to use to make a simbot anymore.

Also, back to the issues I was experiencing wiith Law Enforcement Career and the Private Investigator profession.

One of my helper sims was able to join the Law Enforcement Career and attend a day of work without any problems. I am hopeful that he will continue to work in that Career without problems. Second day of work comes up in a few hours sims time, and however long it takes in real time to get there. LOL

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #10058 on: September 26, 2014, 04:27:55 AM »
Simbots obtained by LTR are automatically added to your household, which breaks the rules. Simbots created on the workbench can be set free into the wild and not added to your household.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10059 on: September 26, 2014, 04:52:02 AM »
I don't completely follow how that breaks the rules in this one, but I'll take your word on it.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #10060 on: September 26, 2014, 08:50:27 AM »
Rules:
  • Vampires, Mummies, SimBots, Genies, Fairies and Werewolves are not allowed in your household.

When you use my best friend lifetime reward, the simbot is automatically added to the household, hence breaking the rule of simbot not allowed in your household.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #10061 on: September 26, 2014, 10:56:15 AM »
To expound, the LTR adds the simbot to the household automatically, like inviting someone to move in or having a baby or whatnot.

The simbot that is created on the workbench is not added to the household automatically. When the simbot is completed, you'll get a dialog box with two options - one is to keep the newly created simbot in the household, the other is to release it immediately. Keeping the newly created simbot in the household is fairly self-explanatory, but if you choose to release it instead, the simbot jumps off the bench, says something like "thank you for creating me" and then leaves the house - it never joins the household at any point. The releasing is akin to a guest who decides to go home.

As the created simbot's portrait is never added to the side panel, and you can never select or control it, it's not breaking the rules the way the LTR simbot would.

Offline farbe

• Nooboo
« Reply #10062 on: September 28, 2014, 08:54:37 AM »
I am having trouble searching within this thread, so I'll just ask and see if anyone can help me out.  The rules say that travel adventure opportunities can't count as unique opportunities for characters.  I have a feeling this only includes the tomb exploration and other opportunities you can get via phone or board while in China, Egypt, and France, and that I am fine to have "Deliver a Painting to Egypt" count for my Gen 2 character's unique opportunities.  Correct me if I'm wrong, please, so I know I need to complete another opportunity for him.  Thanks.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10063 on: September 28, 2014, 09:05:15 AM »
You're correct. As long as it fills one of the regular slots, Career - Skill - Special, it counts.

Curveball

« Reply #10064 on: October 01, 2014, 11:37:22 AM »
I'm not past halfway in my first dynasty and already planning my second one because I'm just such a wondorously productive person  ;D I'm planning to use Roaring Heights. That neighborhood has a known issue with the skyscraper-top objects not hiding when you zoom in and being in the way of gameplay. The cure for this is to go into edit town, pick up the object and then set it down again. Am I allowed to do that during my edit town preparations?