Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2976732 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2010, 08:06:50 PM »
Metro as far as the camera/travel thing goes can I add my 2 cents worth.
You were talking about allowing travel early on but restricting the sales of the books. Why not just leave it as is. The addition of photos and sculptures is not a requirement for eating ambrosia, so why not treat the photos as a bonus.. if you can find a camera early on lucky you, otherwise just get one when you can.

Norma

That's certainly simpler for me. I was just about to change the rule. Pam's feeling is identical to yours, Norma. I took the opposite position and said that this is a very difficult challenge, so why not let players vacation early. But, yeah, photos are optional. This is not about score, so the vacation ban until 2nd generation stands as is.

I am going to clarify that birthday cakes are allowed only on actual birthdays, so players do not avoid the regular hardships of parenting.

Noobertuber

« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
Here's a question, Since every immortal must be in a different generation, and since you cannot help sims to die more quickly, and immortals can't die in any way, what happens if you have this.

6 immortal sims.
1 spare.
1 heir.

What happens if the heir becomes immortal (And an elder) before the spare dies? Do you just lose, or what?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2010, 08:30:44 PM »
Here's a question, Since every immortal must be in a different generation, and since you cannot help sims to die more quickly, and immortals can't die in any way, what happens if you have this.

6 immortal sims.
1 spare.
1 heir.

What happens if the heir becomes immortal (And an elder) before the spare dies? Do you just lose, or what?

The rules say the challenge ends if the firstborn of any generation dies, so what would be the point of having a "spare"? 

•If your Founder or any generation’s firstborn dies before they become an Elder and eat Ambrosia/place the deathflower, then your Dynasty attempt comes to an end.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2010, 08:39:45 PM »
Thanks Pam I must have overlooked that in the rules or just forgot but as I always do I will reread the rules and make note of them when I am ready to begin.
I agree with Norma and Pam on the travel as well. Photos are indeed optional and if you wanted it enough you could check the consignment shop daily. I have never personally had trouble getting it through the consignment but I don't know. On a side note does the phone camera not work as the other cameras do? I thought that though of lower quality and worth less they were able to do virtually the same? Is that not true?
Pam I know nothing of the Ambrosia from the diner I haven't had it but I thought I remembered seeing it banned in a different challenge for that particular reason but maybe I am wrong.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2010, 08:43:12 PM »
I've been reading the stories people have posted about the beginning of their Dynasties.  It is really fascinating seeing how everyone is approaching this Challenge.  I hope people will keep their stories up to date as the unfolding sagas promise to be very interesting.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2010, 09:27:10 PM »
As for getting Ambrosia at the restaurant, it's never said that you're actually getting Ambrosia.  You have the best meal ever and get that great moodlet, but it doesn't change the Sim's age.  If anyone has proof otherwise, we need to hear it.  But for my tests, it didn't change the age at all.

I've had that happen several times. It says something like "Cubby doesn't know what that was, but it's the best meal he's ever had in his life!" My sim always gets the +75 Divine Meal moodlet but I don't ever recall his age changing. Also, this only happens at the Bistro, never at the Diner.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2010, 09:42:58 PM »
I have a question about the purchasing of properties, specifically about the timing.  The rules say:
"•4. Each generation needs to use a computer to purchase one building and one property (2 separate ownerships)."

My founder and spouse have just discovered the joys of property ownership, apparently, because both have suddenly decided they want to purchase another property (this is in addition to the building and venue they already own).  The next generation is an infant, almost ready to age up to a toddler.  I think it's a bit odd for them to be wanting to purchase property when they are still camped out on the grass at home, but this is what they want.  I'd like to grant these wishes as they have lots of happiness points attached.  My question is, since Generation 2 is obviously too young to operate the computer at this stage, can the parents purchase the property on her behalf?  Whenever the property is purchased, it's obviously going to be family funds used anyway, not money the child has earned, so is this ok?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2010, 09:49:03 PM »
I have a question about the purchasing of properties, specifically about the timing.  The rules say:
"•4. Each generation needs to use a computer to purchase one building and one property (2 separate ownerships)."

My founder and spouse have just discovered the joys of property ownership, apparently, because both have suddenly decided they want to purchase another property (this is in addition to the building and venue they already own).  The next generation is an infant, almost ready to age up to a toddler.  I think it's a bit odd for them to be wanting to purchase property when they are still camped out on the grass at home, but this is what they want.  I'd like to grant these wishes as they have lots of happiness points attached.  My question is, since Generation 2 is obviously too young to operate the computer at this stage, can the parents purchase the property on her behalf?  Whenever the property is purchased, it's obviously going to be family funds used anyway, not money the child has earned, so is this ok?

In short, no. "Each generation needs to purchase one building and one property." So, having someone do it for them before they can even use a computer does not work with the rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2010, 10:27:49 PM »

6 immortal sims.
1 spare.
1 heir.

You'd have to play it so that the 7th generation female is able to have a child while she's still of childbearing age.  She needs to be an only child.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2010, 10:57:20 PM »
I've read that eating watermelon is not a foolproof way to get a girl baby. What if Gen 8 is born male?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2010, 10:59:06 PM »
I've read that eating watermelon is not a foolproof way to get a girl baby. What if Gen 8 is born male?

Pam's the baby pro, so she can answer. To my knowledge, she has never failed at getting a particular gender she was after.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »

I have the mother eat nothing but fresh watermelon starting as soon as she's done with "Try for baby."  I don't stop with three.  She probably eats 10 by the time the baby comes.  No meals at all, just watermelon from the store or garden.  I've never failed to get the girl I wanted.  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2010, 12:30:17 AM »
That's good to know, Pam. I was wondering the same thing and almost posted it myself, but thought I'd wait till I was there in my Dynasty, which seeings how I have started yet would be a while and now I will not have to which is even better.  

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2010, 02:16:27 AM »
Wow!

Ok, this Challenge really scares me a bit.  But I'm gonna buck up and give it a shot.  I was too afraid to ask any questions, so thank goodness for everyone else who thought of the good ones that were floating around in my head.  I think I've finally wrapped my brain around this one.

In the meantime, y'all will be proud of me, I'm on gen 9 of my current Legacy family.  So as soon as I wrap that one up, I'll take on this Dynasty Challenge.  I think I'm gonna need my big girl socks for this one!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2010, 06:20:07 AM »
We were wondering where you were, Aria!  :)

Don't fret about asking questions.  You know that's how we keep things operating smoothly around here.  Ask anything you want.  And if it's really that bad, you can whisper them to me in a private message.  Hehe. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything