Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977480 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3120 on: August 06, 2011, 08:55:35 AM »
I find the sculpting thing to be a bit confusing as when I'm looking for that final museum piece, my sculptor will make three that are average around $1900 and then he'll sculpt two around $2300 and then another near $1700.  The price really flops around on the great quality sculptures alot during the process, which is why I try to get a brilliant or better for my museum. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3121 on: August 06, 2011, 11:06:49 AM »
The price really flops around on the great quality sculptures alot during the process, which is why I try to get a brilliant or better for my museum. 

Yep. That was always my barometer for deciding what to keep for ice sculptures. They had to at least be a brilliant. Portraits had to be masterpieces.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3122 on: August 07, 2011, 06:46:34 AM »
Chuckles I think there might be a small increase in base value of a sim ice sculptur since whenever my sculptor starts with them for each life stage the value does seem to slowly go up but that is only for regular quality ones the value of brilliand and masterpieces seems about the same for all of sims...

Thanks for that tip margerita :) I have found that my sculptor is tending towards an increase in value on a specific sim, although as Ricalynn said, they seem to vary a lot (probably the variable multiplier similar to what paintings have, only a bigger margin I guess). I have her spend most of her time practising on my photographer (who doesn't need to take additional photo's to improve their quality after lvl 10, so mostly she cleans or just plain gets in the way) and then on the last few days I make my founder available to be sculpted more (I know he doesn't have to stand there, but he needs to be close by a lot for each new sculpture). I'm yet to see a significant rise in the value of her sculptures though. I'll push on with it though, and see if it pays off. If not I'll post my results, and find a different strategy :)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #3123 on: August 07, 2011, 07:25:15 AM »
Ok, I am tired sick of this photography bug that I keep getting and now can't even remove. My dynasty has had it's last photographs taken.

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3124 on: August 07, 2011, 01:56:24 PM »
I posted another workaround that doesn't need edit town here. I found that from the official forums. See if that helps you out. It helped me when I could not travel.

Unfortunately that didn't help me. Thanks to you and Metro, I need to start over because the other workaround didn't help me either (I lost UI altogether when changing the active household back).

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #3125 on: August 07, 2011, 04:00:36 PM »
Unfortunately that didn't help me. Thanks to you and Metro, I need to start over because the other workaround didn't help me either (I lost UI altogether when changing the active household back).

Ok, it sounds like something got corrupted beyond just the destination file.  Starting over's probably your only option at this point, unless there's something else you want to try.

I'm so sorry it wasn't more helpful. :(

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3126 on: August 07, 2011, 06:14:32 PM »
Quick question, is the LTW Swimming in Cash and/or Living in the Lap of Luxury allowed?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3127 on: August 07, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »
Quick question, is the LTW Swimming in Cash and/or Living in the Lap of Luxury allowed?
I hope so. That's what my first generation has. I don't see why it wouldn't be.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3128 on: August 07, 2011, 06:19:04 PM »
Yeah I hope so too.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3129 on: August 07, 2011, 06:20:35 PM »

I had both those LTWs in my Clan Douglas Dynasty.  They were ok then, and I can't see any reason why things would have changed.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3130 on: August 07, 2011, 06:21:07 PM »
Super Thanks.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3131 on: August 08, 2011, 10:58:44 PM »

Hi Tara, sorry to see you had this glitch. I haven't read extensively about it, but I know it's a game breaker, and last time I had it there was no fix (at least, it sounds like the issue I had). I had it once on my legacy family - First their pictures went, then they went invisible even after resetting, and then the UI disappeareed. A new game was fine though. It helps to make multiple saves as you go along, so at various stages of my dynasty, for example, the files are dynasty 1, dynasty 2 and so forth, so if anything happens I can go back to a file that still works.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3132 on: August 09, 2011, 03:58:02 AM »

If something isn't specifically disallowed in the rules, that means it's allowed.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3133 on: August 09, 2011, 04:58:31 AM »
Hi Tara, sorry to see you had this glitch. I haven't read extensively about it, but I know it's a game breaker, and last time I had it there was no fix (at least, it sounds like the issue I had). I had it once on my legacy family - First their pictures went, then they went invisible even after resetting, and then the UI disappeareed. A new game was fine though. It helps to make multiple saves as you go along, so at various stages of my dynasty, for example, the files are dynasty 1, dynasty 2 and so forth, so if anything happens I can go back to a file that still works.

Hi Chuckles, you're right it helps to make more saves *and* have better bookkeeping than I did so if I actually need to go back I know where I'm standing. Sometimes difficulties are caused by the newest patch, though, so going back to previous save doesn't fix them. Actually I have an earlier save I could go back and either wait for EA to fix the traveling bug or to adapt to it and do dynasty without traveling which is not that fun. I may even have a file where I could make the changing households workaround work but that most probably is so far back I'm not willing to do that.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3134 on: August 09, 2011, 09:02:36 PM »
I did some more reading on the problem, since one of the symptoms of this issue is the laggy game play during/after travelling (which I have been experiencing lately). There is some very detailed information on another website, and someone has developed a mod that may help with this problem in several ways. Personally I prefer to steer clear of mods if they are too much work (I'm tired of spending hours trying to get something to work that EA hasn't fixed), and the stance in this forum is that they are not reccommended and can't be discussed. Other than making multiple back-ups, they also suggested turning story progression off. I don't know if it's possible to do manually, but you could try deleting excess cars around the neighbourhood, and turning off stereos in other sims' homes, as these are known to be just a couple of the causes of this problem.