Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971382 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3225 on: August 14, 2011, 08:41:28 PM »
Any museum item for a given stage needs to be done and placed by the time an immortal ages up to the next stage.

Hi Metro, I'm about half way through the thread and only just come across this. The rules do not specifically state this, and my original strategy in my trials has been to wait until my founder's birthday, then line up about 10 easels, and have my artist start the portrait, cancel as soon as the paint is on the board, and then start another. Then my founder can go about his daily business while my painter takes however long is needed to paint all the portraits, then choose the one with the highest value. They obviously don't get finished before he ages up, but they are portraits of him as a YA. Do we need to have this clarified in the rules so no one else makes this mistake? If you've since retracted that statement I apologise, but I thought I'd better ask before I forget.

EDIT:

Never mind. I found this later on.

Yeah, guys, as long as museum items are placed by the time an immortal eats Ambrosia, you're doing fine and following the rules. Personally, the way I played it was to place items before the next age up just for my own visual organization and knowing that certain pieces were done. That may be why I said to do it that way.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3226 on: August 14, 2011, 10:20:21 PM »
This is probably personal opinion but getting the portrait, sculpture and photograph done as soon as possible seems to make things easier than waiting on the birthday.  The reason for this is that you have it done and out of the way especially since the game seems to think it's funny to not give masterpieces as often for paintings anymore.  Plus the sooner it's done the more days it has of appreciation (? I think that's the right word) meaning it's worth more on final day for your museum count especially with some of the life stages being only 7 or 14 days for later generations.  Having good habits from the start makes it easier to not forget and I've seen a lot of people fail on the stories forum because they forgot a toddler portrait.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3227 on: August 14, 2011, 11:01:04 PM »
True. But with that strategy, every time at least two of the portraits have been masterpieces. I guess I haven't had a close enough look at the game mechanics to work it out, but I figured that it would be worth more in the end if you have your painter painting non-stop, so the 'number of completed paintings' multiplier is much higher than if you did it at the start of the life stage. I guess I'd have to have another look at the appreciation multiplier to see which works out more profitable. Unless anyone knows for certain?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3228 on: August 14, 2011, 11:39:19 PM »
I guess I haven't had a close enough look at the game mechanics to work it out, but I figured that it would be worth more in the end if you have your painter painting non-stop, so the 'number of completed paintings' multiplier is much higher than if you did it at the start of the life stage.

The number of completed paintings is not a multiplier in this challenge.  You just add up the value of each required painting when the challenge is done.  Score isn't as important in this challenge as it is in the regular tournament challenges.  You don't get a price or anything for having the highest score.  Most of us were just tickled to make it to the end and into the Hall of Fame.  So, I'm just saying that you don't have to spend as much effort on your score as you may think.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Sportsfan

« Reply #3229 on: August 14, 2011, 11:41:02 PM »
The number of completed paintings is not a multiplier in this challenge.  You just add up the value of each required painting when the challenge is done.  Score isn't as important in this challenge as it is in the regular tournament challenges.  You don't get a price or anything for having the highest score.  Most of us were just tickled to make it to the end and into the Hall of Fame.  So, I'm just saying that you don't have to spend as much effort on your score as you may think.
Yeah. In mine, for example, I don't care at all about the value of the museum. I just want to finish and have fun.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3230 on: August 14, 2011, 11:49:33 PM »
I meant the game mechanics multiplier. It determines the finished value of your sims paintings. So the more they paint, the more valuable the starting price of each painting. I do see your point though. Being a perfectionist I am finding it very hard to get past the first generation. I'm actually considering changing my strategy when I officically start (after umpteen trials) so that once my spares have completed the scultping and painting challenges, to just churn out the immortals as fast as I can. A valuable museum is all well and good, IF you get to the end! I might take the path of bringing in Agnes and Christopher, like many others have done.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3231 on: August 15, 2011, 12:57:01 AM »
Ok, I think *gulp* I am ready to start this one for real. How do I go about registering for it? I've never officially participated in any of the challenges. I think I read somewhere that I just PM Metro, is that right? (probably a good one to add to that list of FAQs I sent to you, Pam) I'm also feeling a little inspired, so I might post a story for it in the story board.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #3232 on: August 15, 2011, 12:59:10 AM »
Actually, just start. This is a stand-alone so you just start whenever you're ready. Good luck!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3233 on: August 15, 2011, 01:14:18 AM »
I didn't subscribe to the strategy of having "spares."  My founder had a set of twins completely by accident.  I was shocked.  When it was time for the third generation, I had another set of twins just for fun.  For me, the spouses have been more than enough extra help with the Ambrosia requirements.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #3234 on: August 15, 2011, 02:21:15 AM »
Ok, I think *gulp* I am ready to start this one for real. How do I go about registering for it? I've never officially participated in any of the challenges. I think I read somewhere that I just PM Metro, is that right? (probably a good one to add to that list of FAQs I sent to you, Pam) I'm also feeling a little inspired, so I might post a story for it in the story board.

If you post a story, I would be happy to read it. Good luck; I believe everyone needs it for an eight-generation game!
Check out my new story here!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3235 on: August 15, 2011, 05:30:15 PM »
Metro, I was wondering, probably overly hopefully, but since I have this new really annoying Travel Bug that doesn't transfer the Household and just the blank UI, could I place the Nectar Register so I can buy Nectar Machines? I don't know if I need Buydebug or if they are in the Community Lot section though. I was planning for Nectar Making as a Supermax and this would be a pain if I had to rethink things that were broken from a patch?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #3236 on: August 15, 2011, 05:55:17 PM »
They're in the community objects section and I think I read that he said we could place the registers.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Sportsfan

« Reply #3237 on: August 15, 2011, 05:56:57 PM »
Just a check, mid life crisis LTR is allowed, right?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3238 on: August 15, 2011, 05:59:02 PM »
They're in the community objects section and I think I read that he said we could place the registers.

I checked the rules with a Ctrl+F search for Nectar but the only result was about the Life Fruit Ingredients.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #3239 on: August 15, 2011, 06:09:23 PM »
You're right.  He said yes to it on the DecaDynasty thread not this one.  Guess you'll have to wait. Sorry I thought I had read it here. :(