Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941330 times)

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3300 on: August 18, 2011, 01:01:50 PM »
No. It's all about the Ambrosia and the Elder stage. Immortals are not supposed to be Young Adults in this event.

I actually have a related question about this, Metro Man. If I want to play an immortal dynasty which is based on your concept but including cheats (and not a candidate for the HoF), do you mind if I use the potion on an immortal (or maybe all eight)? :)
Check out my new story here!

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #3301 on: August 18, 2011, 01:03:15 PM »
I just read the revisited rule set and realised I might have broken the rules since for most of the Immortals I've had an older gen Immortal purchase the properties. Oh well at least I know this for gen 6 and on wards...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #3302 on: August 18, 2011, 01:14:20 PM »
Oh, by the way...
One thing the 'edit town' rules do not mention is the problem of Riverview's 7 properties and what a player can do in that situation. I know there's a standing policy about that... But that strikes me as a bad thing to leave buried in this thread.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Sportsfan

« Reply #3303 on: August 18, 2011, 01:14:34 PM »
I actually have a related question about this, Metro Man. If I want to play an immortal dynasty which is based on your concept but including cheats (and not a candidate for the HoF), do you mind if I use the potion on an immortal (or maybe all eight)? :)
Seeing as yours wouldn't be official and eligible for the HOF I'm guessing that it would be fine.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #3304 on: August 18, 2011, 01:16:02 PM »
Metro has definitely said in the past that if you're not going for HoF, he doesn't care what you do.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3305 on: August 18, 2011, 01:19:15 PM »
Metro has definitely said in the past that if you're not going for HoF, he doesn't care what you do.

Yes he did say so.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #3306 on: August 18, 2011, 01:23:21 PM »
Thanks for all the quick answers and tips, guys! I appreciate it. You might see a dynasty story from me yet! ;)
Check out my new story here!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #3307 on: August 18, 2011, 01:52:08 PM »
Ok, I really like the revised rules.  They make a lot of sense and cover a lot of questions. Thank you for all your work!

One quick question/revision/whatever, if you don't mind:

Getting a makeover (giving makeovers is also banned.)

So does that mean the stylist career is also banned? 

I can't find the page, but someone asked this and I think you said before that it wasn't, we were just not allowed to style family members. Is that still true?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3308 on: August 18, 2011, 01:54:52 PM »
I was thinking that as well, or do I remember it only being banned for potential Dynasty Household Members? Or did I just invent that?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3309 on: August 18, 2011, 01:59:40 PM »
I think Rica wanted her gen two spare to be a stylist then she asked if she can do it, Metro said since makeovers extend lifespan she can't.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3310 on: August 18, 2011, 02:02:05 PM »
I think Rica wanted her gen two spare to be a stylist then she asked if she can do it, Metro said since makeovers extend lifespan she can't.

Looks like I'm going Unofficial for my Walker Dynasty then...  :-\ (Stylist Founder)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3311 on: August 18, 2011, 02:08:22 PM »
Looks like I'm going Unofficial for my Walker Dynasty then...  :-\ (Stylist Founder)

I'll try doing a forum search maybe will come up with something, hold on.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #3312 on: August 18, 2011, 02:08:40 PM »
Ah hah! I did a bit of searching and found Metro's ruling about the Stylist career many pages back.

Hmmmm...tough call. To be honest I don't know if I've ever flat out banned that career. I'd really rather not. Just be honest and don't intentionally do makeovers on townies that would somehow give you an advantage in your Dynasty. I know that's easier said than done.  :D

So it looks like you're good, samoht!

Edit: As a side note, it looks like the 'makeover' cheat doesn't have the ageing problem . . . or it could be they've fixed the aging glitch (finally) with patch 1.24.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3313 on: August 18, 2011, 02:44:11 PM »
I'm glad you found that old quote, Serena. I can't remember everything I've said. Lol. I'll try and use that and clarify the stylist info in the rules.

As others have correctly noted, if you're not shooting for the HOF, do whatever you want.  :D

---------

Okay, here's the skinny on the Stylist/makeovers:

• 2. Getting a makeover. However, the Stylist career is not offlimits, so you're free to give makeovers to other non household Sims. Just be honest and avoid giving makeovers to any Sim where their longer life from the makeover would be a benefit to your Dynasty.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3314 on: August 18, 2011, 02:50:38 PM »
  • No Sim can be moved out (boarding school is not an option for children because of this). All household members are to live a full and natural life and their eventual death can never be expedited (intentional killing).

I was under the impression that I was allowed to send non-bloodline children to boarding school, so  I have had one of my extra family members in boarding school for less than 2 sim weeks in the game (entire child stage, onto teen stage).  Can I bring her back immediately and be ok for HoF or is that file officially off track?  I have saves from before she left but it was part of the story I was writing for that generation.

Otherwise great job everyone on the revised rules!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'