Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942556 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3345 on: August 20, 2011, 10:31:21 AM »
Would it be possible to add one line to the OP to indicate when it was last edited and through what page?  (("Last edited August 19, 2011 to reflect input through page 127"))  That way, someone, like me, who is considering starting now will know these are the most up-to-date rules and won't have to read all 130+ pages before starting.  Thanks for considering this suggestion!

Excellent suggestion.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #3346 on: August 20, 2011, 10:42:44 AM »
As seen at the bottom of the Original Post, today, August 20, 2011:

Last Edited — 8/29/2011

Metro, we need to rename you "Miracle Man".  You were able to "last edit" the OP with a Future date!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #3347 on: August 20, 2011, 10:55:08 AM »
Whoops!  Tiny typo in the Rules post:

...placing a deathflower in personal inventory is a reward reserved only for iyour designated mmortals...

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3348 on: August 20, 2011, 01:10:40 PM »
As seen at the bottom of the Original Post, today, August 20, 2011:

Metro, we need to rename you "Miracle Man".  You were able to "last edit" the OP with a Future date!  ;D

Lol. :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3349 on: August 20, 2011, 05:23:04 PM »
...  I recall discussion about careers getting a little bonkers when promotions came on certain days of the week that happened to be the new day off, or something similar to that. ... If you can provide links, it would be helpful.

Sorry Pam, it was late last night and I couldn't remember where it was. Still tired this morning (kids sleepover) but my brain is functioning enough to go 'oh yes, check my recent posts'.  So I just thought I'd add it incase you had wanted to check it out. Here it is:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=5232.0

Also, you mentioned new days off? When did they change it? I'm guessing it is as I suspected then, and related to career times being changed in the final programming or something.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3350 on: August 20, 2011, 05:27:14 PM »
There has always been a bug in the Criminal Career where you have to go to work or get demoted but performance won't raise, it is as Pam says when the Old Shift clashes with the new Levels Shift. I had it in my Legacy after LN for sure but before Generations.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3351 on: August 20, 2011, 06:39:40 PM »
Oh ok. I got 3 expansions at once, and hadn't updated after ambitions, so I didn't notice it until now. I also get the same problem in the culinary career. I presume it is the same deal there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3352 on: August 20, 2011, 06:44:52 PM »
I have not noticed it in any other careers personally, just the Criminal Career.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #3353 on: August 21, 2011, 02:28:53 AM »
I've had it happen in the Rock Music career (in SV, but not in Bridgeport). Medical career also has a couple shifts that go overnight but I don't remember whether I had a problem with those.

My theory is: There's a lot of processing that the game seems to do at game-midnight. It looks like one of the things it does is set up your work schedule for that game day. If you then get promoted, that setup no longer applies, and it should redo your work schedule, but it doesn't, or at least not completely. So it ends up in a glitchy state where it thinks both that you're supposed to be at work and that you're not supposed to be at work.

One thing I've found is that if you have to go in, but your performance meter doesn't rise, there might still be some work tones that will benefit you so the time's not totally wasted - "socialize with coworkers", whatever it's called, will generally improve relationships, and in the Criminal career, "Practice illicit activities" will still raise your athletics skill.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3354 on: August 21, 2011, 04:05:52 AM »
Oh ok. I got 3 expansions at once, and hadn't updated after ambitions, so I didn't notice it until now. I also get the same problem in the culinary career. I presume it is the same deal there.

Are you saying that your game isn't updated to the latest patch?  If you're going for the Hall of Fame, it's required that you be patched up to the most current update.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3355 on: August 21, 2011, 04:44:44 AM »
Oh no, it's updated to the latest patch now. It wasn't until about 2 months ago that I got all the rest of the expansions and patched up. I'm currently tossing up whether to still go for HoF, or to continue my dynasty with a few exceptions that would make the game more enjoyable, but not give me any advantage in any way (yes, I've been busy remaking those nightlife bars on smaller lots. No, I haven't used them in my HoF file - if it remains so).

For anyone who is interested in seeing what I did, I did Waylon's Haunt, but I think I can put that on a smaller lot again, and I did The Prosper Room. I placed that on the lot where the junk yard appears, because that can fit on a smaller lot elsewhere (It's a 40x40 lot and lots placed in the edit world function don't always sit flat, and that can look yucky). This is what it looks like:

Obviously it is as close to identical as can be on the inside - that is, I can't see anything that I have missed. I have even included the bug spawner and the room thingys (public room, hidden room).

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3356 on: August 21, 2011, 05:18:10 AM »
I don't doubt that you've done a good job, Chuckles, but we have to stand firm and only allow the lots created by Electronic Arts, no matter how cumbersome or inconvenient they may be in the other towns.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3357 on: August 21, 2011, 05:43:07 AM »
No I really do understand, that's fine. I posted them purely for interests' sake. That's why I'm considering not going for HoF. If I could use the items in the bars on my own lots that I buy I would do that, but too many of them are in buydebug (I know they're not allowed), and I couldn't rezone the empty lots before I buy them either. Hence my indecision. I can be undecided elsewhere though if it is too close to off-topic.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #3358 on: August 22, 2011, 10:42:12 PM »
Sorry for coming into the conversation Chuckles but did you build that? Its very nice.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3359 on: August 22, 2011, 11:34:32 PM »
No I really do understand, that's fine. I posted them purely for interests' sake. That's why I'm considering not going for HoF. If I could use the items in the bars on my own lots that I buy I would do that, but too many of them are in buydebug (I know they're not allowed), and I couldn't rezone the empty lots before I buy them either. Hence my indecision. I can be undecided elsewhere though if it is too close to off-topic.

It's just something that you have to decide the priorities.  Is it more important to stick to the rules until the very end of the challenge and become one of the few members in the Hall of Fame?  After all, you can have other game files where you experiment with placement and let your Sims play.  Does it have to be the Dynasty file that's completely enjoyable?  I got most of the Late Night buildings put into Sunset Valley during my Dreamweaver Dynasty and they looked horrid from the outside, but once inside it was perfectly fine.  I really only used the bars for Bubblegum's Mixology skill.  Personally, if you're going to do it, I say do it right and get on the wall with the rest of us.  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything