Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941356 times)

Offline Widonja

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3390 on: August 24, 2011, 04:13:26 PM »
And the wash-o-mat (or whatever is the laundry building in TLS) and new libraries are allowed too? I wasn't aware of that :O Anybody care to second that, before I make a mistake?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3391 on: August 24, 2011, 04:14:21 PM »
And the wash-o-mat (or whatever is the laundry building in TLS) and new libraries are allowed too? I wasn't aware of that :O Anybody care to second that, before I make a mistake?

Those are fine as well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #3392 on: August 24, 2011, 04:34:16 PM »
I am a bit confused, as I set a similar question sites ago:
It's just Generations stuff for kiddies and (I think) a bathroom. And the Town Life lots are just "modern" versions of the current lots.

EDIT: Metro, actually Pam said this on this issue earlier so I'm a little confused. :-\

This would require using Edit Town, so no.  You can add the new things to properties that your Dynasty family owns, however, because it doesn't require using Edit Town.

And then we came to a conclusion that it's not allowed... :) Just want to make it clear, don't want to complicate even more...

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #3393 on: August 24, 2011, 04:48:42 PM »
Metro edited the rules and he said any buildings that EA made are fine.
Edit Town, Mods, Cheats, and Custom Content
  • Pre-built houses or downloaded lots from someone else are not allowed. You must take care of all building and expansion yourself. Opting for the “no build/outdoors” route is also fine.
  • The Edit Town screen is off limits with the following exceptions:
  • Twinbrook and Bridgeport players can add the Book Corral to the town library.
  • Anyone can place EA-created buildings and lots, but only EA-created buildings and lots are allowed.
[/b]
  • Subways may be placed in your town if you own the lot, or if it’s already on one of the premade bars/clubs that come with Late Night.
  • All modifications (mods) are banned. Period. Mods are patches that typically alter some component of gameplay. But, even if a mod supposedly does not alter gameplay you cannot use it. Remove all mods before beginning.
  • 3rd party Custom Content that alters appearance such as skin tone or hairstyles, etc. is not considered a modification of the game and can be used at the player's own risk.
  • Opening up the Cheats panel (pressing Ctrl-Shift-C) is banned. There are some allowances to using a cheat discussed in Tech Talk below.
  • Exiting without saving to avoid a mistake or an unfortunate occurrence (i.e. burglar or fire) is also considered cheating.
Last Edited — 8/19/2011

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #3394 on: August 24, 2011, 04:52:28 PM »
Ok, Case closed, going to abuse edit town now :P

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #3395 on: August 25, 2011, 11:48:07 AM »
I know somebody asked a few sim weeks if having made many ice sculptures done would increase the value of those sculptures. I now am fairly sure that how many you have made does increase the value of them.
I first noticed a big jump in how much ordinary, brilliant and masterpieces were worth when I was sculpting gen 4 and 5 and was having some issues getting the quality of sculpture that I wanted. I had made lots and lots of sculptures of each so I was a bit unsure if the jump in value was because of that or the number of sim sculptures my founder had made, but my dear founder just finished the very first ice sculptur of gen 6 and the value has the same as it was for gen 4 and 5, so apparently it does matter how many sims you sculptured. Founder has done 288 so far, I noticed that they had jumped in value at around 200 made.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3396 on: August 26, 2011, 04:47:25 PM »
Metro, just a question about buying the lot: wouldn't it be easiest to buy the lot and then use family funds to reduce the amount of money to §1,800?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3397 on: August 26, 2011, 04:57:26 PM »
Metro, just a question about buying the lot: wouldn't it be easiest to buy the lot and then use family funds to reduce the amount of money to §1,800?

I believe this has been addressed already.  It might be easier, but it requires using a cheat, which is not allowed.  Best to keep to the rules and not make exceptions unless absolutely necessary.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3398 on: August 27, 2011, 02:16:33 AM »
I'd just like to clarify the 'may only place EA created lots' rule. Does this mean that we could save one of the families at the beginning of a game to the bin and place that? Eg: save the Crumplebottom household and place it in Bridgeport?

Can we demolish the current library and replace it with a different EA created library - if we like one from a particular town better?

Can we rezone empty lots for purchase? So have an empty lot zoned as a disco so we can then buy it and develop it to be a disco?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3399 on: August 27, 2011, 05:41:17 AM »
I'd just like to clarify the 'may only place EA created lots' rule. Does this mean that we could save one of the families at the beginning of a game to the bin and place that? Eg: save the Crumplebottom household and place it in Bridgeport?

No, the households need to be native to the town you're playing. 

Can we demolish the current library and replace it with a different EA created library - if we like one from a particular town better?

You can't move a library to another town, but you can use the new library in the Town Life Stuff Pack.

Can we rezone empty lots for purchase? So have an empty lot zoned as a disco so we can then buy it and develop it to be a disco?

No, if you want a disco, you have to use the one made by EA in the Late Night Expansion Pack.  You may, however, change a lot to disco in order for the EA disco to be properly placed.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3400 on: August 27, 2011, 07:37:08 AM »
Okay, thanks again to samo for his help. Lot selection has been made for Hidden Springs as well as the objects necessary to purchase to bring funds down to $1800. Hidden Springs players will be able to place Leon's Fountain of Youth, but because of its effects and the potential to reset a life stage I can't even allow drinking from it after an Immortal eats Ambrosia.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #3401 on: August 27, 2011, 09:13:43 AM »
My apologies if this has been asked before.

According to the rules we are allowed to replace missing traits in our sims if it happens.

Does that rule apply to townies aswell when we move them in, and they only have 3 or 4 traits ? Or do we accept the lack of traits, and use their happiness points to replace them with the mid-life crisis reward ? 

I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3402 on: August 27, 2011, 09:29:58 AM »
According to the rules we are allowed to replace missing traits in our sims if it happens.

Does that rule apply to townies aswell when we move them in, and they only have 3 or 4 traits ? Or do we accept the lack of traits, and use their happiness points to replace them with the mid-life crisis reward ?

The allowance for the cheat would apply to any household member including an NPC/townie you moved in.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #3403 on: August 27, 2011, 09:41:57 AM »
Thank you   :)
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #3404 on: August 27, 2011, 10:58:11 AM »
So - if we can put EA created lots in the game, can we also delete something? (Aiming at the Goth Manor, as it is really big and I could put a club or a loft there)

anything