Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2975913 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3420 on: September 04, 2011, 09:26:38 AM »
None of my other games are like this, including my Legacy which has a far larger file, I always keep my Caches cleaned out once a week. I don't really see if a Reinstall will help with this, if it's just the one game file that is acting like this?  :-[
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3421 on: September 04, 2011, 09:28:11 AM »
You could try removing some of the parking spaces around town - it might reduce the amount of traffic - excess traffic can make the game laggy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #3422 on: September 04, 2011, 09:29:12 AM »
None of my other games are like this, including my Legacy which has a far larger file, I always keep my Caches cleaned out once a week. I don't really see if a Reinstall will help with this, if it's just the one game file that is acting like this?  :-[
Okay, sorry. I thought that your other games might be having issues as well.
I don't know what else to do to help.
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3423 on: September 04, 2011, 09:44:20 AM »
Okay, sorry. I thought that your other games might be having issues as well.
I don't know what else to do to help.

That's fine Ruby, thanks for trying.  :)

You could try removing some of the parking spaces around town - it might reduce the amount of traffic - excess traffic can make the game laggy.

Hmm, I could try it but it's a lot of lag to be caused by just Cars? It's up to Metro though if I can do this.

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #3424 on: September 04, 2011, 09:48:44 AM »
What about memories, I heard not deleting them can cause quite a lag.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3425 on: September 04, 2011, 10:44:22 AM »
@samo — let's try other players' suggestions first before doing Edit Town stuff like deleting parking spaces. Also, given the sculptures and photos obviously were not the culprit I'm giving you permission to go back to an earlier save.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3426 on: September 04, 2011, 10:46:52 AM »
@samo — let's try other players' suggestions first before doing Edit Town stuff like deleting parking spaces. Also, given the sculptures and photos obviously were not the culprit I'm giving you permission to go back to an earlier save.

Okay Metro. Thanks for the permission, I think it might have been building up to this but if I can catch it earlier on that may work if the Deleting Memories doesn't work.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

biologyguy

« Reply #3427 on: September 04, 2011, 10:48:57 AM »
I'm pretty new to this challenge (have only been playing Sims 3 for a few months, purchased the expansions up through Late Night a few weeks ago). I know it's a difficult challenge... I'm curious how many tries some of you made at it before you got one that you really liked and pursued?

Also, how do you keep track of the black-ops? Do you just write them down somewhere when you complete them, or is there a way in the game to see which ones you have completed?

I enjoy the stories and pictures very much.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3428 on: September 04, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

I've tried twice, first when I got the game and then quit after one sim day, and then I have the dynasty I'm doing now.
For the black ops, the spreadsheet provided helps a ton. Just right down the name of the op as soon as you get it (or are about to complete it) and you'll be fine.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3429 on: September 04, 2011, 12:49:19 PM »
I tried four or five times before my Steels actually got to generation two.   My Dynasty for Artie is on it's first try but I've had difficulties where I had to go back in time to save the file.  It's difficult but it's a great challenge.   I suggest using Pam's spreadsheet or setting up a system that you are comfortable with.  I have a large stack of sticky notes while I'm doing game play and then I update a text file that I use for checking on my requirements.  Ultimately - just decide what will work for you and give it a shot.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #3430 on: September 04, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »
My first two attempts of a Immortal dynasty had to be aborted due to severe travelling bugs I got with the generations patch before generation 3 aged up to child. My current attempt is going well though, my future 6th Immortal is a teen and just had a prom, boy did she get into trouble.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3431 on: September 04, 2011, 04:28:09 PM »
My Dynasty has well over 350 Memories, two sims have 120+ and that's since they were teens. It's going to take a while to remove them all! I hope combined with a smaller house my problems should be solved.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #3432 on: September 04, 2011, 05:30:33 PM »
I'm pretty new to this challenge (have only been playing Sims 3 for a few months, purchased the expansions up through Late Night a few weeks ago). I know it's a difficult challenge... I'm curious how many tries some of you made at it before you got one that you really liked and pursued?

Also, how do you keep track of the black-ops? Do you just write them down somewhere when you complete them, or is there a way in the game to see which ones you have completed?

I'm actually on my 5th try at this.  ::) It is very difficult, but it gets easier each time, so I actually think my four failures have helped me out in the long run. Frustrating yet helpful.  ;D Also, for the black ops, I bought a notebook, and have one page dedicated to each Immortal. On that page, I keep track of traits, black-ops, supermax skills, careers, museums, and everything else. The spreadsheet might be easier for everyone else, but I like having something I can look at without minimizing the game.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3433 on: September 04, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »
That's fine Ruby, thanks for trying.  :)

Hmm, I could try it but it's a lot of lag to be caused by just Cars? It's up to Metro though if I can do this.

I'm not sure what town you are playing, but could you take care of a few of them by buying the properties? Nothing to say you can't buy them, delete the spaces, and then sell them again so future generations can buy them. That way you wouldn't have to enter edit town. That and the memories - though I'm not sure how you go about deleting the memories of an entire populace.

I googled the lag issue a while ago - cars, and stereos/tvs that are left on by inactive sims do cause a bit of lag - most notoriously in Bridgeport, were many lots have 6 or more parking spaces (just what I read about it).

If it's a cumulative thing, with all sorts of little things lagging it down, you'd have try several things I guess. What size is your game file?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3434 on: September 04, 2011, 06:47:45 PM »

It took me three tries to complete my first immortal dynasty. The first one I didn't make enough money to buy the property and building and the second I failed to get a portrait. On my third attempt I married someone rich so no problems buying the property that time and I made notes of everything so I wouldn't forget.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything