Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942905 times)

Sportsfan

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3450 on: September 05, 2011, 01:53:05 PM »
You guessed right. It's buydebug only and I would then need to make one more exception to the cheats rule.
Okay. I'm not sure what I would have used it for anyway.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #3451 on: September 05, 2011, 02:09:13 PM »
You could always go to a club or buy a club to use the effects.       

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3452 on: September 05, 2011, 06:05:17 PM »
Does the little disco machine thingy do fog? I know it does bubbles and a number of other things. I only used it for bubbles so far, and that is in the parties tab when you sort by type.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #3453 on: September 05, 2011, 09:07:08 PM »
I was mistaken. Sorry.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3454 on: September 06, 2011, 12:01:57 AM »
Does the little disco machine thingy do fog? I know it does bubbles and a number of other things. I only used it for bubbles so far, and that is in the parties tab when you sort by type.

It does fog.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3455 on: September 10, 2011, 10:05:20 AM »
I have two more questions about this challenge.

I know vampires are not allowed in the household, but you can count vampires you know in town as best friends, right? 

Also, about the resetsim cheat, I know you can reset your own sim if they become stuck.  What about townies that are bugged and causing problems, such as the sims who get stuck at the hot springs lot in China and cause it to lag?  And what about resetting lots that have problems?  For instance, my laundromat has no working laundry machines, because all the sims in town have left their laundry in them and abandoned it.  I haven't reset it because I wasn't sure if it was allowed.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3456 on: September 10, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »
I have two more questions about this challenge.

I know vampires are not allowed in the household, but you can count vampires you know in town as best friends, right? 

Also, about the resetsim cheat, I know you can reset your own sim if they become stuck.  What about townies that are bugged and causing problems, such as the sims who get stuck at the hot springs lot in China and cause it to lag?  And what about resetting lots that have problems?  For instance, my laundromat has no working laundry machines, because all the sims in town have left their laundry in them and abandoned it.  I haven't reset it because I wasn't sure if it was allowed.

Vampires can count for the Best Friends Requirement. I think you can reset any stuck sims if they are causing your game to lag, I don't know about the Laundromat though.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3457 on: September 10, 2011, 01:45:25 PM »
@Cheezey — if you need to fix the laundromat, that's fine.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3458 on: September 10, 2011, 02:38:43 PM »
Thanks for the quick answers!  :)

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3459 on: September 11, 2011, 08:12:52 PM »
Sorry to post again, but I have another dynasty question/issue.  My gen 3 heir Lily decided to marry a guy in China.  When they married there, it didn't import him into the household.  They had already tried for baby and I heard the chime.  Strangely, when I tried to try for baby again, it was greyed out, saying there were too many sims in the household.  It shouldn't have been, because he would be 7 and the baby they were trying for would make 8.  I'm guessing that's why the try option was greyed out, because she was already pregnant, but not showing.

However, he isn't part of the household. I don't have the option to control him.  I tried going home to see what would happen, and he didn't come along.  It was just Lily and her grandfather, who went on the original trip.  When I looked at the family tree, it shows her as married to him, but says his home is in China.  Should I go back to a previous save, or try and continue from here?  I'm wondering if he's going to take up a slot in my household even if he's not there.  I guess technically he'd die before Gen 7 comes around anyway, but I'm wondering if I did some kind of crazy damage to my game/family tree with this foreign wedding.

All because I wanted to have Gen 4 have the hidden Chinese culture trait.  :D

So, I guess my question is, should I go back to a previous save prior to the wedding, or see what happens if I continue?  

Edit: I also thought of another potential solution. Could I play the game as is, and just invite him to visit and then have him move in, and see if that fixes the problem of the spouse not being in the house?

Sportsfan

« Reply #3460 on: September 11, 2011, 08:38:30 PM »
Your edit seems like the best solution to me.

Metro: am I allowed to have a child without the sim being married? My gen 3 female would be the mother. I don't really have a need for the father so can I just not get that sim married?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3461 on: September 11, 2011, 09:14:34 PM »
Sorry to post again, but I have another dynasty question/issue.  My gen 3 heir Lily decided to marry a guy in China.  When they married there, it didn't import him into the household.  They had already tried for baby and I heard the chime.  Strangely, when I tried to try for baby again, it was greyed out, saying there were too many sims in the household.  It shouldn't have been, because he would be 7 and the baby they were trying for would make 8.  I'm guessing that's why the try option was greyed out, because she was already pregnant, but not showing.

However, he isn't part of the household. I don't have the option to control him.  I tried going home to see what would happen, and he didn't come along.  It was just Lily and her grandfather, who went on the original trip.  When I looked at the family tree, it shows her as married to him, but says his home is in China.  Should I go back to a previous save, or try and continue from here?  I'm wondering if he's going to take up a slot in my household even if he's not there.  I guess technically he'd die before Gen 7 comes around anyway, but I'm wondering if I did some kind of crazy damage to my game/family tree with this foreign wedding.

You very well might have unfortunately. It was a big risk marrying a foreigner given the traveling bugs. But, you're free yo go back to a previous save.

Edit: I also thought of another potential solution. Could I play the game as is, and just invite him to visit and then have him move in, and see if that fixes the problem of the spouse not being in the house?

Yes. Do it asap.

Metro: am I allowed to have a child without the sim being married? My gen 3 female would be the mother. I don't really have a need for the father so can I just not get that sim married?

The rule simply states that immortals must be the result of natural pregnancies (no adoption) from 2 Sims living in the Dynasty house. Marital status is not an issue.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3462 on: September 11, 2011, 09:18:26 PM »
Metro, what about my question?

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3463 on: September 11, 2011, 10:27:28 PM »
Metro, I invited him to visit and their marriage is still in place, but no matter what socials I use, even with their relationship bar at max, I have no "ask to move in" option on him.  Given that they're already married, may I use testing cheats to shift-click him to the active household, since if it hadn't glitched, he would've been added back in China anyway?

Boy, I've learned my lesson about marrying foreign sims.  I've been pretty lucky with WA in the past.  I guess I got overconfident.  ;D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3464 on: September 11, 2011, 11:38:55 PM »
Metro, I invited him to visit and their marriage is still in place, but no matter what socials I use, even with their relationship bar at max, I have no "ask to move in" option on him.  Given that they're already married, may I use testing cheats to shift-click him to the active household, since if it hadn't glitched, he would've been added back in China anyway?

Yep. No problem.

anything