Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978063 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3465 on: September 11, 2011, 11:52:05 PM »
Metro, I invited him to visit and their marriage is still in place, but no matter what socials I use, even with their relationship bar at max, I have no "ask to move in" option on him.  Given that they're already married, may I use testing cheats to shift-click him to the active household, since if it hadn't glitched, he would've been added back in China anyway?

Boy, I've learned my lesson about marrying foreign sims.  I've been pretty lucky with WA in the past.  I guess I got overconfident.  ;D

The Ask to Move In option is under Friendly interactions.  You need to have several interactions in a row for it to trigger.

Metro, what about my question?

Did you see his answer to your question?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Sportsfan

« Reply #3466 on: September 11, 2011, 11:57:58 PM »
Whoops my bad. Thanks Pam.

So, to clarify, can I have my female sim try for baby with a sim that's not in the household? So then I don't move the father in?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3467 on: September 12, 2011, 01:54:33 AM »
So, to clarify, can I have my female sim try for baby with a sim that's not in the household? So then I don't move the father in?

The parents have to be in the Household, they just don't have to be married. The only time the Parents won't be together in the household is for Generation 7.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3468 on: September 12, 2011, 05:43:58 AM »

Read his answer again.

The rule simply states that immortals must be the result of natural pregnancies (no adoption) from 2 Sims living in the Dynasty house. Marital status is not an issue.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3469 on: September 12, 2011, 05:52:22 AM »
Sportsfan,your Sims can have a baby without being married but both parents have to be living in the dynasty house. The only time the father does not have to be in the house is when generation seven gets pregnant.
As you are on generation three the father has to be in the house.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3470 on: September 12, 2011, 07:42:44 AM »
Thanks, Metro! He's in the household now and all is well.  I posted a thread about this marriage glitch in the WA forum as well, so others can be warned about it.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3471 on: September 12, 2011, 09:37:07 AM »
Okay thanks everyone. I just wanted to make sure because I know that rule didn't apply for gen 7 so I was just seeing if I could do the same thing as gen 7 for a different immortal.
Thanks again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #3472 on: September 12, 2011, 11:33:08 PM »
Rules State:
Optional: Photographs and/or ice sculptures of each immortal at the same life stages may be included in the museum if expansion packs are being used. The subject of the photo needs to correctly register as the immortal (My Spouse, My Child, Superstar, etc) and not something else like a building or object. Each of the stages’ pieces need to be added to the museum before an immortal would age up to the next stage. Only one portrait, photo, and ice sculpture per stage is allowed to be put in the museum. Again, photos and ice sculptures are purely optional.

My Question:
Can a photo be something like Lover's at night?, because one of them is the immortal while another one is not.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #3473 on: September 12, 2011, 11:38:23 PM »
I would like to know how many Generations this is total?

Also to anyone who's completed a dynasty: Has anyone successfully completed one in Barnacle Bay? I need Barnacle Bay for this, because my Dynasty has a theme, based on the characters/founder.

EDIT: Can my founder be a male?

Sportsfan

« Reply #3474 on: September 12, 2011, 11:40:30 PM »
8 generations.
I don't think anybody has. Barnacle Bay is hard because of the lack of special seeds.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #3475 on: September 12, 2011, 11:52:11 PM »
So can the founder and immortals be male, up to the 7th Generation?

Sorry for all the questions about being male, but there is a specific theme to my Immortal Dynasty I'm trying to achieve.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3476 on: September 12, 2011, 11:58:16 PM »

Sorry for all the questions about being male, but there is a specific theme to my Immortal Dynasty I'm trying to achieve.
Definitly.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3477 on: September 13, 2011, 12:00:52 AM »

The only gender restriction is Generation Seven - it has to be a girl because otherwise, with six immortals, Generation 7, and a spouse, there's no room for a nooboo. So Generation 7 must be a girl, not get married, and Try for Baby with a male who doesn't live in the Dynasty House.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #3478 on: September 13, 2011, 12:07:30 AM »
Thank you guys for the input. The reason behind those questions, and the one about doing this in Barnacle Bay, is because I want a specific theme to it, although Riverview may work just as well.  :D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3479 on: September 13, 2011, 12:11:02 AM »
Rules State:
Optional: Photographs and/or ice sculptures of each immortal at the same life stages may be included in the museum if expansion packs are being used. The subject of the photo needs to correctly register as the immortal (My Spouse, My Child, Superstar, etc) and not something else like a building or object. Each of the stages’ pieces need to be added to the museum before an immortal would age up to the next stage. Only one portrait, photo, and ice sculpture per stage is allowed to be put in the museum. Again, photos and ice sculptures are purely optional.

My Question:
Can a photo be something like Lover's at night?, because one of them is the immortal while another one is not.

The answer so far has been yes. Running, painting, etc - so long as your sim is the target of the photo. It just can't be something like a landmark - so, for example, the camera can't say 'A Pyramid'. Unless Metro has any objections?

anything