Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942923 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3570 on: October 18, 2011, 03:07:58 PM »
Metro -

I noticed that if you start a family with a pet, you get a small bit of on hand cash for the pet.  Probably would be best to make a ruling about that.  The care of the pet is probably going to cover that money in the first week or so but thought I would bring it up.

Thank for bringing that up. Yeah, I don't know if I need to say anything or not because as you said the extra cash received (I think it's only $250) will need to go towards the care of the pet anyway. It's not like you get extra cash for nothing.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3571 on: October 18, 2011, 03:19:32 PM »
Will we be able to make our own Pets to via CAP and move then in via Edit Town? I don't have Pets yet but I plan on getting it so I won't know the specifics of all of this. I don't mind adding something to my Family Inventory to compensate, I already have two things in there from being in HS.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3572 on: October 18, 2011, 03:23:22 PM »
Will we be able to make our own Pets to via CAP and move then in via Edit Town? I don't have Pets yet but I plan on getting it so I won't know the specifics of all of this. I don't mind adding something to my Family Inventory to compensate, I already have two things in there from being in HS.

Not sure yet, samo. I have no problem with existing Dynasties simply using the phone to adopt a pet. That's easy enough and no use of Edit Town is necessary.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3573 on: October 18, 2011, 03:30:38 PM »
Not sure yet, samo. I have no problem with existing Dynasties simply using the phone to adopt a pet. That's easy enough and no use of Edit Town is necessary.

It's okay if we can't, I just think a multi-coloured dog would suit Tris Jade. I'll hold off the rest of my questions until you've had a chance to experiment and enjoy the game yourself though.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3574 on: October 18, 2011, 04:05:59 PM »
When you get a cat/dog/horse, you have the ability without testing cheats to customize collars and coats which takes you to the advanced mode CAP and allows for collars and coat to only be changed.  So there is no need for current dynasties to need to worry about edit town I don't think.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #3575 on: October 18, 2011, 04:58:38 PM »
Oh, question! Are we allowed to sell pets? Like, way I've got a full house (because I probably will) and am trying to supermax riding. I can only keep two horses at a time, but riding requires the taming of three wild mustangs. Would it be OK to tame a horse, get him up to BF (for the sake of the Horse Friend challenge), and then sell him to make room for a third tamed horse?
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3576 on: October 18, 2011, 05:27:23 PM »
Oh, question! Are we allowed to sell pets? Like, way I've got a full house (because I probably will) and am trying to supermax riding. I can only keep two horses at a time, but riding requires the taming of three wild mustangs. Would it be OK to tame a horse, get him up to BF (for the sake of the Horse Friend challenge), and then sell him to make room for a third tamed horse?

I see nothing wrong with selling animals.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3577 on: October 18, 2011, 05:58:10 PM »
In our current Dynasty are we allowed to adopt pets?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3578 on: October 18, 2011, 06:35:11 PM »
In our current Dynasty are we allowed to adopt pets?

Sure. No reason not to allow that as far as I can see. If anything it will make things more hectic for the player with more juggling.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #3579 on: October 18, 2011, 09:27:35 PM »
Problem! Problem!
I tried starting a dynasty in Sunset Valley, but the dynasty lot is taken over by a new Pets community lot! What do I do?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3580 on: October 18, 2011, 09:28:45 PM »
Move the community lot over near Pinochle Pond in Edit Town before the game starts.  We're allowed to place EA created lots so I assume that means you can move it since 15 Summerhill Court is the dynasty lot.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3581 on: October 18, 2011, 09:37:44 PM »
Thanks for that solution, Ricalynn.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3582 on: October 18, 2011, 09:43:02 PM »
I thought this had been asked, but a quick search revealed nothing.

Build cheats such as moveobjects and placeFriezes are fine whenever needed. The same goes for Movie/Picture taking cheats such as hideHeadlineEffects.

Does this include the Generations cheat "moviemakercheatsenabled true"? Are we allowed to use that? It has some options that break rules (Sim Shutdown), but are we allowed to use the features that stay well within the limitations of the ruleset (trigger animations, and some others which escape me right now)?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3583 on: October 18, 2011, 09:45:33 PM »
I thought this had been asked, but a quick search revealed nothing.

Does this include the Generations cheat "moviemakercheatsenabled true"? Are we allowed to use that? It has some options that break rules (Sim Shutdown), but are we allowed to use the features that stay well within the limitations of the ruleset (trigger animations, and some others which escape me right now)?

Sounds iffy. Just stick to what's listed.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3584 on: October 18, 2011, 10:07:55 PM »
Oh shoot!
I thought that that was okay and used it for about 5 sim minutes to have my sim in the elated pose for screenshot purposes. Was that okay?

anything