Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971949 times)

Sportsfan

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3690 on: October 29, 2011, 04:18:32 PM »
Okay, okay, don't bold-for-enphisis me, Mr! xD
Lol
I asked the same thing awhile ago.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3691 on: October 29, 2011, 04:37:01 PM »
Why would you want to kill Vampires! That's an offense to me!  :o (:P)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3692 on: October 29, 2011, 04:38:26 PM »
Haha Vamp.
Probably because they serve no use in a dynasty and can only be detrimental to it.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3693 on: October 29, 2011, 04:42:23 PM »
Vampires can be useful in a Dynasty if you make friends with one you know they are gonna stick around for a while unlike those pesky mortals who die at the drop of the hat.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3694 on: October 29, 2011, 04:48:29 PM »
Vampires can be useful in a Dynasty if you make friends with one you know they are gonna stick around for a while unlike those pesky mortals who die at the drop of the hat.

Rachel
Exacly  :P pesky mortals, that's my new quote.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3695 on: October 29, 2011, 08:59:42 PM »
Even if they really were useless, that's no reason to deliberately kill them.  I had a lot of vampires die on my Immortal Dynasty lot, but not by design.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3696 on: October 30, 2011, 12:09:17 AM »
An interesting note about the new Pets expansion:

The equestrian center is a 60x60 building, and gets auto-placed by the game on the Dynasty lot in Sunset Vally, because it's the only lot big enough to hold it.  And while I haven't started a new game in Barnacle Bay, I'd imagine that the same thing would happen there.  Not so much an issue in RV, since you could relocate the junk yard that always gets placed in the cheaper of the 2 60x60 lots, but I'd imagine that you'd have to bulldoze the equestrian center to do a Dynasty in SV or BB.  And Twinbrook has no 60x60 lots at all.

I'm going to assume that using the world editor to place a new lot would be the expected thing to do, but I was wondering about the "Scenic Vista" moodlet.  Will that lot retain it if you bulldoze a community lot that ends up there and change it back to residential, or will it be lost?  And if it is lost, does this affect the value of the lot?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AbrahamC

« Reply #3697 on: October 30, 2011, 12:11:53 AM »
The thing is the Equestrian Center has two lot sizes. It also comes in a 40x40.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3698 on: October 30, 2011, 12:12:50 AM »

The equestrian center is a 60x60 building, and gets auto-placed by the game on the Dynasty lot in Sunset Vally, because it's the only lot big enough to hold it.  And while I haven't started a new game in Barnacle Bay, I'd imagine that the same thing would happen there.  Not so much an issue in RV, since you could relocate the junk yard that always gets placed in the cheaper of the 2 60x60 lots, but I'd imagine that you'd have to bulldoze the equestrian center to do a Dynasty in SV or BB.  And Twinbrook has no 60x60 lots at all.

I'm going to assume that using the world editor to place a new lot would be the expected thing to do, but I was wondering about the "Scenic Vista" moodlet.  Will that lot retain it if you bulldoze a community lot that ends up there and change it back to residential, or will it be lost?  And if it is lost, does this affect the value of the lot?

For my new Dynasty, I did a test run of my founder (just to get used to her). She lived in SV. I didn't regularly check moodlets, but I am almost certain she had the Scenic Vista moodlet when she was on the lot. And moodlets never have an effect on price - EA uses CAW to build neighbourhoods, and you assign the Scenic Vista moodlet and any separate costs for the lot separately. (A 60 x 60 costs something like $7,200 by default)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #3699 on: October 30, 2011, 01:50:15 AM »

To add on to this, Twinbrook's Dynasty Lot does have the small Equestrian Centre placed there.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3700 on: October 30, 2011, 04:31:21 AM »
I'm not 100% certain if you lose the moodlet when you bulldoze, but you don't have to bulldoze. If you place another 60x60 lot somewhere, you can move the lot with the move tool instead.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3701 on: October 30, 2011, 04:44:12 AM »
Metro, this isn't a game breaker, but in Hidden Springs the Unicorn spawns up at Louie Falls Fishing Spot and it keeps spawning inside the Rocks, which are a World Object, can I use the World Editor to move the Rocks around to make it so the Unicorn can escape? It's only escaped once out of five times I've seen it in there. I bought the Lot as Tris' Property but the Rock isn't on it and I flattened the Area around there in case that is blocking it but that didn't solve the issue.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3702 on: October 30, 2011, 08:26:36 AM »
Metro, this isn't a game breaker, but in Hidden Springs the Unicorn spawns up at Louie Falls Fishing Spot and it keeps spawning inside the Rocks, which are a World Object, can I use the World Editor to move the Rocks around to make it so the Unicorn can escape? It's only escaped once out of five times I've seen it in there. I bought the Lot as Tris' Property but the Rock isn't on it and I flattened the Area around there in case that is blocking it but that didn't solve the issue.

Sure, you can move the rocks.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #3703 on: October 31, 2011, 05:05:29 PM »
Hmmm..just double checking on some things while looking forward to starting a Dynasty attempt in Jan after I get Pets.

Can I put whatever we want in the museum, as long as we only count the value of the portrait, statue, and single photograph of an immortal toward the value?  Meaning if I create a separate room in the museum for each immortal, can I add stuff like their high school diploma, any relics they may find, and any trophies/awards they win to it as well?  And can I do the same with non-immortals as long as I don't add their values in?

Can I create a mummy through the sarcophagus and canopic jars as long as I release it into the wild right away?

Can I build my own smaller clubs, bars, and lounges to add to the town instead of placing the bigger ones that came with LN? 

Same question for other lots like a laundrymatt, movie studio, and the equestian center?  Or would these have to be built my one of my imortals?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3704 on: October 31, 2011, 05:11:12 PM »
Hmmm..just double checking on some things while looking forward to starting a Dynasty attempt in Jan after I get Pets.

Can I put whatever we want in the museum, as long as we only count the value of the portrait, statue, and single photograph of an immortal toward the value?  Meaning if I create a separate room in the museum for each immortal, can I add stuff like their high school diploma, any relics they may find, and any trophies/awards they win to it as well?  And can I do the same with non-immortals as long as I don't add their values in?

Yes to everything.

Can I create a mummy through the sarcophagus and canopic jars as long as I release it into the wild right away?

I don't see why not. Same deal as with Simbots.

Can I build my own smaller clubs, bars, and lounges to add to the town instead of placing the bigger ones that came with LN? 

Same question for other lots like a laundrymatt, movie studio, and the equestian center?  Or would these have to be built my one of my imortals?

EA buildings only.

anything