Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972493 times)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3720 on: November 02, 2011, 09:50:38 AM »
There are also two rabbit holes (a stadium and a theater) for free download with the Dr. Pepper promotion. I think these should count as EA content since they're downloaded from the store, yes? If those are acceptable, I have a bunch of extra codes, and I've offered them to the community.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3721 on: November 02, 2011, 09:54:42 AM »
There are also two rabbit holes (a stadium and a theater) for free download with the Dr. Pepper promotion. I think these should count as EA content since they're downloaded from the store, yes?

Absolutely. They're EA designed buildings.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #3722 on: November 02, 2011, 10:06:25 AM »
Excellent, thank you for the information everyone!  I assume that the pet shop that came with the limited edition of Pets also counts as an official EA building and can be placed and potentially bought without compromising the dynasty attempt.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3723 on: November 02, 2011, 10:09:51 AM »
Excellent, thank you for the information everyone!  I assume that the pet shop that came with the limited edition of Pets also counts as an official EA building and can be placed and potentially bought without compromising the dynasty attempt.

Yep. That one's fine.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #3724 on: November 02, 2011, 04:22:58 PM »
Sorry if this has been asked already, but is Plastic Surgery okay? I haven't tried it yet, and I don't know whether or not it resets the age bar like getting a tattoo or makeover.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3725 on: November 02, 2011, 04:35:37 PM »
Sorry if this has been asked already, but is Plastic Surgery okay? I haven't tried it yet, and I don't know whether or not it resets the age bar like getting a tattoo or makeover.

By "plastic surgery" are you referring to the Generations CAS cheat?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3726 on: November 02, 2011, 05:11:51 PM »
By "plastic surgery" are you referring to the Generations CAS cheat?

I think she means the Plastic Surgery option now available at the hospital that was introduced with Pets.  There is a thread on it somewhere, but I don't think anyone has reported on whether or not it affects the Sim's age.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3727 on: November 02, 2011, 05:13:46 PM »
I think she means the Plastic Surgery option now available at the hospital that was introduced with Pets.  There is a thread on it somewhere, but I don't think anyone has reported on whether or not it affects the Sim's age.

Ah. I admit I was unaware of this new Pets feature. Yeah, before I make a ruling I'll obviously need more info.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #3728 on: November 02, 2011, 06:17:22 PM »

Yes, Schip that's what I meant. Sorry for not being clearer.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #3729 on: November 02, 2011, 07:01:43 PM »
There's a plastic surgery option? For the love of sims, Twinbrook here I come!

Offline BlazeGirl12

• Townie
« Reply #3730 on: November 02, 2011, 09:15:10 PM »
Sorry if this has already been answered--I don't have time to go through 150 pages of questions. By Travel opportunities, do you mean Adventures, or the ones you get at home that say, "Go to X location and do something (usually involving fruit)"? Please let me know; I have just installed Pets and would like to start my Dynasty soon.

Sarcastic hearts. :]
Noble Legacy

Sportsfan

« Reply #3731 on: November 02, 2011, 09:36:32 PM »
Travel ops are ops that take up a slot in the adventures panel.
So that means that the ones you get at home that require you to travel are fine.

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3732 on: November 02, 2011, 11:37:47 PM »
Ah. I admit I was unaware of this new Pets feature. Yeah, before I make a ruling I'll obviously need more info.

Aye, has a ruling not been made? I thought it had been. Oh dear, Gavin's had Plastic Surgery in my Dynasty.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3733 on: November 03, 2011, 12:35:07 AM »
I don't see a reason to ban plastic surgery.  It's a new feature available at the hospital for a price.  Sometimes the surgery goes well and the player can choose new features, and sometimes it goes badly and your Sim ends up with crazy features.  I believe a reversal is available, also for a price.

Sorry if this has already been answered--I don't have time to go through 150 pages of questions. By Travel opportunities, do you mean Adventures, or the ones you get at home that say, "Go to X location and do something (usually involving fruit)"? Please let me know; I have just installed Pets and would like to start my Dynasty soon.

Where is says in the rules that "travel opportunities" cannot be used as a BlackOps, it's referring to the adventures you get while in one of the three vacation locations (Shang Simla, Champs Les Sims, and Al Simhara).  Any opportunity that you get while in your home town that fills a slot on your opportunities tab is good for BlackOps.

Metro:  It might be a good idea to change "opportunities" to "adventures" in that part of the rules to avoid confusion.  I don't think we were using the right terminology when writing the rules, now that I think about it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Sportsfan

« Reply #3734 on: November 03, 2011, 12:40:27 AM »
Yeah unless it has some bug like tattoos there should be no problem.

anything