Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971292 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3765 on: November 06, 2011, 09:08:43 AM »
Metro, can I open the Save File and go into Edit Town to save a copy of the Household and the House but quit without saving? I want to make a copy of each in case I need it in the future.

No problem.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #3766 on: November 13, 2011, 04:10:27 AM »
I noticed something odd tonight while playing my dynasty. I am keeping track of how many paintings and stuff my oldest sim is doing and I pause after midnight, make note of how old he is and stuff. I had made a note of his stats when he was 100, than the next day after midnight I paused and it still said 100 even though he should be 101. On the piece of paper I went ahead and put 101, but just thought I'd mention that. It was weird. Aging is on of course.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #3767 on: November 13, 2011, 12:20:24 PM »
I just had a weird thing happen in my dynasty and I need a ruling on it.

My founder's husband, Booker, died of old age at age 91.  He was BFF with one of the family dogs.  When he died the dog had a spontaneous interaction with Grim and I got a message that the dog saved the sim's life.  Booker came back to life right afterwards.  This was all done without my input and there was no way for me to prevent it from happening.

1.  Has anyone had a similar experience? 
2.  Does this have any implications for having pets in a dynasty family?  If this is a common occurrence it could be problematic - especially in later generations when space is an issue.  If this is a rare occurrence then I don't think it should impact a dynasty too much.  In my case I am just letting Booker live the rest of his life until Grim comes for him again.
3.  Does this invalidate my attempt for HoF?  I would hope not since I didn't prompt this to happen and had no way to stop it, but I'll accept whatever the decision is.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3768 on: November 13, 2011, 12:41:04 PM »
Metro, In my Jade Dynasty I have a Spouse who is only a few days from turning 90 (About 2 or 3 Days) and she has a reasonably High (Nearly Good Friends) relationship with a Pet Cat in the Household. Would you like me to test and get them to BFFs and see what happens?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #3769 on: November 13, 2011, 04:33:00 PM »
I already tested it.
In my dynasty, Agnes was BFF with the cat. When she died, the cat came running into the room. But he didn't do anything.
So it didn't happen to me.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3770 on: November 13, 2011, 04:40:50 PM »
I just had a weird thing happen in my dynasty and I need a ruling on it.

My founder's husband, Booker, died of old age at age 91.  He was BFF with one of the family dogs.  When he died the dog had a spontaneous interaction with Grim and I got a message that the dog saved the sim's life.  Booker came back to life right afterwards.  This was all done without my input and there was no way for me to prevent it from happening.

1.  Has anyone had a similar experience? 
2.  Does this have any implications for having pets in a dynasty family?  If this is a common occurrence it could be problematic - especially in later generations when space is an issue.  If this is a rare occurrence then I don't think it should impact a dynasty too much.  In my case I am just letting Booker live the rest of his life until Grim comes for him again.
3.  Does this invalidate my attempt for HoF?  I would hope not since I didn't prompt this to happen and had no way to stop it, but I'll accept whatever the decision is.

Katluvr, that's really interesting. Don't worry about your eligibility into the HOF. If you have the room in your house, fine. Keep Booker. But for anyone where this happens and space is at a serious premium, I have no problems with you caking up the revived Sim to get them out of the picture.

Metro, In my Jade Dynasty I have a Spouse who is only a few days from turning 90 (About 2 or 3 Days) and she has a reasonably High (Nearly Good Friends) relationship with a Pet Cat in the Household. Would you like me to test and get them to BFFs and see what happens?

See my comment above. I'll leave it up to players.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #3771 on: November 13, 2011, 11:15:44 PM »
Thanks, Metro!  It turns out Booker's reprieve was short lived.  Grim came back for him 3 days later and this time no one could talk Grim out of taking him.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3772 on: November 14, 2011, 01:23:29 AM »
Thanks, Metro!  It turns out Booker's reprieve was short lived.  Grim came back for him 3 days later and this time no one could talk Grim out of taking him.

That's very interesting.  Did Booker's age reset back to the beginning of the elder stage after the pet saved him?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

AbrahamC

« Reply #3773 on: November 14, 2011, 07:18:04 AM »
The same thing happened to me once.

No it didn't reset the age of my sim it worked almost like the death flower does.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3774 on: November 14, 2011, 09:38:32 AM »
I thought a death flower resets it though?

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #3775 on: November 14, 2011, 09:47:35 AM »
That's very interesting.  Did Booker's age reset back to the beginning of the elder stage after the pet saved him?

Nope, he came back at the same age - 91.  He died for real at 94.  This time his wife and the dog who saved him were there to witness it and it was the normal death scene - he begged for a reprieve and Grim slapped him into the hereafter.  It was really great, though, because he got to see his granddaughter age up to toddler and he spent a few days teaching her the toddler skills.

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
  • Please call me Alice - it is my name, after all...
« Reply #3776 on: November 14, 2011, 04:39:44 PM »
I'm not sure if it's been asked before, but I really need to check. Is using a clone coupon for a pet against the rules? It's stated that any LTR that reverse/freeze/extend age are against the rules, but I don't think it is any of those things.

A similar thing happened to me in a random game. It is, to the best of my knowledge, partially affected by BFF status and partially by the Loyal trait. It's near impossible to stop, but the elder affected usually dies no more than 5 days later (provided they die of old age)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3777 on: November 14, 2011, 04:43:25 PM »
MissMaths - I asked the same question a couple of pages ago and Metro said that it was fine to use the clone voucher for pets
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Agnes

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3778 on: November 16, 2011, 01:02:38 AM »
I've just decided to start a new dynasty and when I was about move my sim in, I noticed the Equestrian Center is automatically placed where my sims should be living in Sunset Valley.  Should I just move it?  Sorry if this was already addressed.   

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3779 on: November 16, 2011, 01:03:45 AM »
You move it. And I haven't seen you before, so welcome to the forum!

anything