Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941384 times)

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
    • Sudden Impulses (& Long Sentences).
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3975 on: January 11, 2012, 07:07:23 AM »
I'm a little confused and I have almost everything rounded up, so before I start I was hoping to ask:

1] After I create my Sim, or after they are born I have the habit of changing their current wardrobe and adding two more in the stylist lot. But it says makeovers before achieving immortal status is not allowed. I don't ask for a stylish makeover, they give themselves a makeover. So that is ok right? Unless their in the stylist profession? And if I ever have the urge to change all three of the outfits can I do that?

2] While some skills that I picked are uncommon, the others are kind of common, so would it be OK if the non immortal sims accidentally maxed out the skills I selected for my immortal sim? I'm guessing no. And the careers too. o.O

3] Little confused about this one, I plan to set up my dynasty in Sunset Valley [Wanted Riverview but that gives my game bugs so I have decided against that one]. So she buys the lot and then if her funds are more than 1800 she gets them down to it?

4] And I have to build the whole entire house? Coz I'm no artist, I have difficulty placing a wall and my Sims normally end up hating their houses due to poor planning. :D Though if it is a rule I'll give it my best shot. :)

5] Can a non immortal have the same career as my immortal Sim? Specially if they don't plan on reaching it's end?

That's all for now. I got my story all set up, I hope to record it in the forum, although I'm not entirely sure I would since it's my first time and the chances of me failing are quite high. :D :P

Only God Can Do Everything. We Do What We're Capable Of.
-
The Mythica Immortal Dynasty.

The Immortal Mythica Dynasty. [Second Attempt]

Offline The Anonymous

• Nooboo
« Reply #3976 on: January 11, 2012, 07:44:22 AM »
1] If you have them makeover themselves with the salon station then I believe that sets back their age bar, so that isn’t allowed. However, you could easily just do it yourself by clicking a mirror or dresser at home.

2] Non-immortals are not tied to the same restrictions as immortals.

3] Yes, with the family funds cheat

4] Yes, you must build the whole house yourself. But, with the small amount you begin with, more just choose to build a box and then add to it, little by little.

5] Non-immortals are not tied to the same restrictions as immortals.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3977 on: January 11, 2012, 07:45:24 AM »
@Seera:

I have a couple of comments for you.

Immortal candidates can only SuperMax one skill.  If another Immortal even reaches level 10 of that same skill, it won't count as a SuperMax Skill.

As long as the SuperMax skills are unique to each immortal, there is nothing preventing anyone from having an immortal SuperMax more than one skill.

@Seera — the difficult challenge would be finding enough skills to go around because any skill that is SuperMaxed by one immortal then becomes offlimits for another immortal to SuperMax.

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3978 on: January 11, 2012, 07:53:48 AM »
1] If you have them makeover themselves with the salon station then I believe that sets back their age bar, so that isn’t allowed. However, you could easily just do it yourself by clicking a mirror or dresser at home.

2] Non-immortals are not tied to the same restrictions as immortals.

3] Yes, with the family funds cheat

4] Yes, you must build the whole house yourself. But, with the small amount you begin with, more just choose to build a box and then add to it, little by little.

5] Non-immortals are not tied to the same restrictions as immortals.

Thank you so much! I'm ready to begin my game now. I have stuff planned out. [Me planning stuff out, never though I'd see the day, really. -.-] Now on with the plan! :D

[And I didn't even know you could add outfits with the mirror. o.O]
-

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #3979 on: January 11, 2012, 09:17:43 AM »
The dresser lets you make new outfits (including multiples of each category). The mirror lets you change hairstyles (including hairstyles specific to an outfit if you want).

...and I'm sure Metro would point out: There's nothing that says you actually have to build a house; just that if you do build one, it has to be your own work (and I believe there's nothing stopping you from asking someone else to build a good house, and then rebuilding it yourself from pictures, for example). You need an enclosed room with a toilet and shower in it, or your sims won't pee or shower unless they're alone on the lot. It's helpful to have an enclosed room with a double bed for woohoo (although with woohoo available in the shower maybe you don't even need that). Dig out a 16 x 16 basement so there'll be enough walls and floor space for your museum's paintings, photos, and sculptures - maybe 20 x 20 if you want to actually be able to walk around down there - and that doesn't even have to be done all at the beginning; you could start with Gen 1's room and add more as the family grows. Everything else can just be placed in a convenient location on the lot, if you really dislike building.

If you do want a house, but you're not really good at building, try this: Figure out what your sims need to get through their day. Buy it (and you'll be buying cheap stuff at the beginning) and place it on the lot, maybe trying to set up a "kitchen/dining" cluster, a "bedroom" cluster, and a "living room" cluster. Move the objects around for a couple sim-days until you like how it looks and your sims have an easy time using it - and then build walls around the stuff.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3980 on: January 11, 2012, 11:02:40 AM »
Hm didn't know that about the dresser. And well I am going to try improving my building skills with this family. If it isn't working out too well I'll try the idea of the pictures, plus look through the guide. I am playing on Window mode so it wouldn't be too much of a hassle for me.

Although one problem now, I got my Sim all ready and was looking for her lot in Sunset Valley, and couldn't find it. The reason being that the JRA International Equestrian Center is built right atop it. :D -.-

I was going to try edit town and removing that from there, but then I remembered that I'd need permission for making any changes of the sort. I don't plan on playing with pets since this seems hard as it is [although I might change my mind], but I am quite sure I wouldn't need the center. So erm, should I move the lot or look for another one? :S
-

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3981 on: January 11, 2012, 11:23:31 AM »
As long as the SuperMax skills are unique to each immortal, there is nothing preventing anyone from having an immortal SuperMax more than one skill.

@Seera — the difficult challenge would be finding enough skills to go around because any skill that is SuperMaxed by one immortal then becomes offlimits for another immortal to SuperMax.

I have all of the EP's and I was aiming on holding off on some of the 2nd SuperMaxes early on mainly for generations 3 and 4. Their primaries are opportunity based and their third is either really long or easily bugged out. Plus, Showtime will be out before I finish most likely and it will probably come with at least one more skill, which I'm hoping doesn't require opportunities so I might switch out one of the later instruments if that's the case.

And fishing is a fun activity so it gives me something to keep them occupied (fishing at the cemetary for death fish, of course)

Plus, I like challenges and it should be challenging. I have people maxing 2 to help with the ooops, so and so maxed this skill after the immortal who supermaxed it ate Ambrosia challenge fail condition. It would have to happen twice to the same immortal before I would fail. Which is why I tried to give each immortal a skill that others wouldn't do autonomously.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3982 on: January 11, 2012, 11:25:30 AM »
Metro, I can't remember what the ruling, or if there was one. If I was to Supermax Riding would I be allowed to move out the Mustangs I had move in for the challenge? Or do the have to stay in?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3983 on: January 11, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »
Metro, I can't remember what the ruling, or if there was one. If I was to Supermax Riding would I be allowed to move out the Mustangs I had move in for the challenge? Or do the have to stay in?

The ruling states only Sims cannot be moved out, so you're fine.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3984 on: January 11, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
The ruling states only Sims cannot be moved out, so you're fine.

Okay, thank you! I was thinking of trying it while I still have enough room early on.

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3985 on: January 11, 2012, 12:21:41 PM »
Eh, Bridgeport and Twinbrook have Equestrian Centers there too. o.O  :'(
-

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3986 on: January 11, 2012, 12:25:25 PM »
Eh, Bridgeport and Twinbrook have Equestrian Centers there too. o.O  :'(

You have to go into Edit Town to remove the Equestrian Centre and change the Lot back to residential. Here is the Guide on Edit Town. You've then got to place the Equestrian Centre elsewhere if you want it, you don't have to have it if you won't be using Horses much though in your Dynasty.

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3987 on: January 11, 2012, 12:27:18 PM »
You have to go into Edit Town to remove the Equestrian Centre and change the Lot back to residential. Here is the Guide on Edit Town. You've then got to place the Equestrian Centre elsewhere if you want it, you don't have to have it if you won't be using Horses much though in your Dynasty.

Thanks! :d
-

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3988 on: January 11, 2012, 06:25:40 PM »
Quick question:

The Immortal Museum. Let's say I start it at the home lot because I don't have the money for the museum property.

Generation 6 rolls around and I buy the Museum property. Can I move the museum there as long as no pictures, sculptures, or pictures change (I'd place the items in an inventory of the NON-portrait/sculpture/picture person for travel as to not accidentally change anything).

Or could I decide in Generation 4 because they are swimming in cash to redo the house and move the museum to a basement?

What I'm basically asking is can the location of the museum change once I've started putting official items into the museum (THE picture, THE sculpture)?

Sportsfan

« Reply #3989 on: January 11, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »
Yeah the location of it can change.