Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978456 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4065 on: January 26, 2012, 10:51:07 AM »
What I've done in my current dynasty to discourage burglars from stealing my portraits/sculptures/photos is to wall off each immortal's gallery from the main basement and then place windows along the entire wall so that sims can view but not get near any of the museum items.  I don't know if that's a foolproof solution, but it has worked for me so far.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #4066 on: January 26, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »
What I've done in my current dynasty to discourage burglars from stealing my portraits/sculptures/photos is to wall off each immortal's gallery from the main basement and then place windows along the entire wall so that sims can view but not get near any of the museum items.  I don't know if that's a foolproof solution, but it has worked for me so far.

Hey, that's what I do! No burglars have stolen anything from me, either.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #4067 on: January 26, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »

Yeah, I used to do that in my previous Dynasty attempt. I will do it in this one as soon as my sims can afford it, but right now I need to save everything I can to get my Founder his building and get the property to level 3. I also used to put a secret door in each Immortal's room.

AliceFrosting

« Reply #4068 on: January 26, 2012, 05:59:47 PM »
Just to clarify, you can move in roomates, but  you can't move them out once you do, right? You would have to wait for them to die and the can't be an immortal?

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #4069 on: January 26, 2012, 06:14:56 PM »
Just to clarify, you can move in roomates, but  you can't move them out once you do, right? You would have to wait for them to die and the can't be an immortal?
Correct!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
    • Sudden Impulses (& Long Sentences).
« Reply #4070 on: January 26, 2012, 08:27:25 PM »
Hello! I saved the current dynasty I was playing and started a new game with the same character Demeter. This time I did things a little differently [not too differently though], but I could play better this time. And so I decided I'd continue this game rather than the other one. They both are at the same point now.

And I made a topic about my dynasty so I was wondering if I have to start a new topic or is it OK if I modify or delete the posts I made in the one I have. Since it is my second attempt. But nobody died or nothing that the rules state happened for it to be moved to the graveyard.
Only God Can Do Everything. We Do What We're Capable Of.
-
The Mythica Immortal Dynasty.

The Immortal Mythica Dynasty. [Second Attempt]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4071 on: January 27, 2012, 05:15:06 PM »
Hello! I saved the current dynasty I was playing and started a new game with the same character Demeter. This time I did things a little differently [not too differently though], but I could play better this time. And so I decided I'd continue this game rather than the other one. They both are at the same point now.

And I made a topic about my dynasty so I was wondering if I have to start a new topic or is it OK if I modify or delete the posts I made in the one I have. Since it is my second attempt. But nobody died or nothing that the rules state happened for it to be moved to the graveyard.

In your situation, it might be best to start the story thread over from the beginning.  It would cause less confusion over what's been changed and what's the same.  However, if you want to just modify your existing story, I don't think there's a rule against it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
    • Sudden Impulses (& Long Sentences).
« Reply #4072 on: January 28, 2012, 09:03:41 PM »
In your situation, it might be best to start the story thread over from the beginning.  It would cause less confusion over what's been changed and what's the same.  However, if you want to just modify your existing story, I don't think there's a rule against it.

I didn't want to start a new thread, but yeah that does seem better than modifying every post. And less confusing too. OK. I'll start a new thread. ^^ Thanks for the reply. :]
Only God Can Do Everything. We Do What We're Capable Of.
-
The Mythica Immortal Dynasty.

The Immortal Mythica Dynasty. [Second Attempt]

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4073 on: January 29, 2012, 10:06:24 AM »
In my current dynasty I really wanted generation two to be twins. So I bought the mother the fertility treatment reward. However I got more than I bargained for with this reward, they had triplets. Now I am nervous that the triplets will ruin my dynasty. Has anyone else had triplets for second generation, and did it work out for you?

Sportsfan

« Reply #4074 on: January 29, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »
Pam had twins two generations in a row and she did fine.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #4075 on: January 29, 2012, 10:54:51 AM »
I'm sure I read a story where gen two was triplets... I think it may have been the Disney Princess Dynasty? Anyway, whoever it was managed just fine.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #4076 on: January 29, 2012, 11:12:34 AM »
In my current dynasty I really wanted generation two to be twins. So I bought the mother the fertility treatment reward. However I got more than I bargained for with this reward, they had triplets. Now I am nervous that the triplets will ruin my dynasty. Has anyone else had triplets for second generation, and did it work out for you?

I had triplets in my dynasty, and the hardest part was making sure they all learned their toddler skills. Other than that and way too much birthday cake in the fridge, it all went fine. The triplets were my third generation, so when it came time for the fourth generation to have a child, she had to wait for one of the Elder (non-immortal) triplets to pass. But since this is your second generation, generation 3 should not have to wait to have a child. Once you make it past toddler stage, it gets a lot easier!

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #4077 on: January 29, 2012, 09:29:49 PM »
I had triplets as my second generation. It was alright - like MoonsAreBlue the hardest bit was toddler years. I actually found it really useful - Rhosyln (triplet 2) was always planned as a painter and Rhea (triplet 3) ended up earning pretty much all the money for the 2nd gen heirs property and building, which otherwise I'd have struggled with.

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #4078 on: January 30, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »
Metro, I got a couple weird glitches on my Dynasty, which I wanted to be a HoF run. Could you check it out?
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Sportsfan

« Reply #4079 on: January 30, 2012, 10:58:41 AM »
You can just reset him.