Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941930 times)

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4095 on: February 02, 2012, 05:18:25 PM »
One of my horses has the "unsaddle me" moodlet stuck. It's similar to the way the "hunted" moodlet works. What's the cheat I use to remove it? I thought you enable cheats and shift click the moodlet, but it didn't work, lol. :P
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4096 on: February 02, 2012, 05:33:51 PM »
One of my horses has the "unsaddle me" moodlet stuck. It's similar to the way the "hunted" moodlet works. What's the cheat I use to remove it? I thought you enable cheats and shift click the moodlet, but it didn't work, lol. :P

Then try resetting the horse with cheats on.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline The Anonymous

• Nooboo
« Reply #4097 on: February 02, 2012, 05:46:25 PM »
To delete a moodlet, you type testingcheatsenabled true, then Ctrl + Click the moodlet, not Shift + Click.

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #4098 on: February 02, 2012, 06:04:28 PM »
To delete a moodlet, you type testingcheatsenabled true, then Ctrl + Click the moddlet, not Shift + Click.
That would be why it didn't work!

I'll reset him if it doesn't work. :)
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4099 on: February 02, 2012, 10:07:53 PM »
Okay, I read in here that IFs are allowed, but let's say that I give one the metamorphium potion. Afterward, could I use the IF-turned-Sim as a spouse, therefor having the next generation be an IF-Sim hybrid?

Although Metro allowed it, I would highly recommend you don't. Breeding Imaginary Friends seems to be the cause for a bug that causes Sims not to age.

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4100 on: February 03, 2012, 04:23:36 AM »
Yep, that's fine.
Awesome, thanks!

Although Metro allowed it, I would highly recommend you don't. Breeding Imaginary Friends seems to be the cause for a bug that causes Sims not to age.

Well, that's not too good. I'll certainly make a backup if I do.
Also, it seems that I randomly got 1200 Simoleons that appeared out of thin air; I was in the fire department to use the dresser there and the "+1,200" thing appeared. I'm not going to buy anything until I get word on this, but can I use familyfunds to get rid of it?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4101 on: February 03, 2012, 07:29:23 AM »
Also, it seems that I randomly got 1200 Simoleons that appeared out of thin air; I was in the fire department to use the dresser there and the "+1,200" thing appeared. I'm not going to buy anything until I get word on this, but can I use familyfunds to get rid of it?

Yeah, these random little "gifts" do not concern me too much and should have little bearing in the big scheme of things as to whether or not you'll inevitably succeed. So, keeping it is fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4102 on: February 03, 2012, 09:27:37 AM »
Oh, epic! Thanks! ;D

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #4103 on: February 04, 2012, 11:21:15 AM »
I know glitch money is alright... But what about glitch cars? What do you do with those?

You see, I had sent some of my sims on a trip to china for the third gen to get started on martial arts. And while there, the cars (including the motive mobile) glitched out and became dummies in the inventory... So I had another sim go to pick up the car so I wouldn't lose it. When I came home, apparently their game looked at both inventories and went "Well, herpa-derp, there's definately a motive mobile in this inventory! And this one, too!" And so now I have two motive mobiles.

...Should I sell the excess and set family funds to what it was before selling the spare cars?
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4104 on: February 04, 2012, 12:41:03 PM »
I know glitch money is alright... But what about glitch cars? What do you do with those?

You see, I had sent some of my sims on a trip to china for the third gen to get started on martial arts. And while there, the cars (including the motive mobile) glitched out and became dummies in the inventory... So I had another sim go to pick up the car so I wouldn't lose it. When I came home, apparently their game looked at both inventories and went "Well, herpa-derp, there's definately a motive mobile in this inventory! And this one, too!" And so now I have two motive mobiles.

...Should I sell the excess and set family funds to what it was before selling the spare cars?

Sure. Good solution.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #4105 on: February 04, 2012, 06:17:38 PM »
Greetz!

Longtime lurker (and Simmer), finally registered.

I've been playing this challenge for awhile now - my 4th generation is a child.  It has been a great opportunity for me to use some different game features that I had not yet explored, and I want to thank Metro for the creativity and care in creating it.

Technically, I'm not doing the challenge exactly as written, for a couple of reasons -

1) I'm playing a pure vanilla game - no XP, SP, or CC at all.  There are only 10 different skills available in the base game, and since several of the careers require proficiency in more than one skill, I need to also use the "skill careers" - but the base game does not allow Sims to register as self-employed.  My workaround for this is to use the income shown in the skill journal to verify that a self-employed Sim has met the requirements for maxing that career.  My plan is to do this with a gardener, angler, painter, and writer.

2) I use a mod to delete unused objects (spawned vehicles) from the stack to cure the base game's memory leak.  Otherwise, over time, the game consumes more and more memory and eventually starts to page fault, resulting in constant freezing (lag) that makes it unplayable.  Until I installed that mod - and I did so as a last resort, since I prefer a clean game - each new game I started would start freezing and lagging after a few Sim weeks.  It deletes 50-60 abandoned vehicles every day, which otherwise accumulate over time.

Other than that - I'm really enjoying this challenge as written.

Given that I'm playing with the above-stated caveats, I've been wondering whether it would make sense for me to start a thread about the Wrangler Immortal Dynasty...?  I have certainly enjoyed reading about the life and times of some of the other dynasties, and would be happy to share mine.

Thanks again for a very entertaining challenge (and forum).

[Edited to remove name of the mod.  -Pam]

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4106 on: February 04, 2012, 10:07:39 PM »
Hi Sarabi, welcome to the forum. I have no issue with you starting a story if that's what you want to do. Given the forum stance on mods (for now at least) you would simply not mention the fact that you are modding your game in your story. Aside from that, go for it.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #4107 on: February 04, 2012, 11:22:27 PM »
Thought I would share some exciting (at least to me it is) news...I am 17 sim days and a portrait, photo, and sculpture away from completing my second immortal dynasty! 

Sportsfan

« Reply #4108 on: February 04, 2012, 11:34:01 PM »
Congrats Katluvr!

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #4109 on: February 05, 2012, 02:30:22 AM »
Congratulations Katluvr! This reminds me that I'm just 7 immortals away from my very first Dynasty  ::)
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

anything