Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942587 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4140 on: February 12, 2012, 11:26:59 AM »
I don't remember what thread it was, but I think it was if the unicorn has a beard, it's male. I think someone said they found a female unicorn with the lion tale, but just look to see if the unicorn has a beard. Also, instead of specifically breeding to make a supercharged foal, do you know the unicorns have maxed Racing and Jumping skills?

Yeah, I could do that. The Unicorn has a beard, I just looked at a Screeny of it. Tris already knows it and it's name is no clue - Sutter. Or something like that.

If I do grab the Unicorn I better do it now, with three pets in the household and all. Looks like Tris will have to be spending some time with his Daughter-In-Law's Horse. The Unicorns been around for a couple of weeks though so I don't know how old it is, it's the first one that appeared in the game still.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Captain

« Reply #4141 on: February 13, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »
I'm sure this question has been asked, but the search results for these 164 pages is difficult to filter through.

When purchasing a vacation home in France, or wherever, does it count as a building or property?  I ask because purchasing a building is just that, and nothing else is needed, same as a vacation home.  But purchasing a property needs to be upgraded, and vacation homes don't have that option, even though physically it's more like purchasing a property.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #4142 on: February 13, 2012, 06:09:29 PM »
No it doesn't.

Mandier

« Reply #4143 on: February 13, 2012, 08:54:50 PM »
After reading a couple of the dynasty stories I decided to start one. I know is going to be really hard form me since I love to cheat and make things easy for my sims. Right now my first attempt at a dynasty is in Union Cove but I'm not sure if that's the best place to start since I find it huge and I'm not very familiar with it. I didn't want to use Sunset Valley since that is the only town I have used since the beginning.  I also have Hidden Springs, but I almost never use it. I'm still trying to decide what to do, is not like I already have an immortal, I could start over, but I find Union Cove so beautiful... Don't know what to do  :(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4144 on: February 13, 2012, 09:34:36 PM »
After reading a couple of the dynasty stories I decided to start one. I know is going to be really hard form me since I love to cheat and make things easy for my sims. Right now my first attempt at a dynasty is in Union Cove but I'm not sure if that's the best place to start since I find it huge and I'm not very familiar with it. I didn't want to use Sunset Valley since that is the only town I have used since the beginning.  I also have Hidden Springs, but I almost never use it. I'm still trying to decide what to do, is not like I already have an immortal, I could start over, but I find Union Cove so beautiful... Don't know what to do  :(

Welcome to our Forum!

Actually, I recommend using a town you're familiar with.  The challenge is hard and if you aren't familiar with the locations of seeds, rocks, etc., it will be that much harder.  Another thing to consider is the size of the file.  When you get close to the half way point in the challenge, your file is going to be pretty big and it could start lagging and being slow to load.  If it's in Union Cove, you'll be in double trouble because UC is so huge.  Adding a large dynasty file to the difficulties sometimes encountered in UC could break your dynasty.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline annieb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4145 on: February 13, 2012, 11:11:20 PM »
I'm so close to finishing! Generation 8 is a YA and will easily get everything accomplished in time, but my game is so slow now that it takes forever to play! Oh well, I'll finish this one day.  :)

Sportsfan

« Reply #4146 on: February 13, 2012, 11:14:11 PM »
Congrats Annie! Have you written a story about it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline annieb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4147 on: February 13, 2012, 11:21:51 PM »
Congrats Annie! Have you written a story about it?

Thanks!

And no, I haven't written a story about it.  :( I wanted to, but for some reason my game isn't saving the pictures I take and I didn't realize this until generation 3 or 4. So I could've written something, but it isn't nearly as exciting without pictures (and I was mad that the first few generations were missing).

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4148 on: February 13, 2012, 11:36:49 PM »
Thanks!

And no, I haven't written a story about it.  :( I wanted to, but for some reason my game isn't saving the pictures I take and I didn't realize this until generation 3 or 4. So I could've written something, but it isn't nearly as exciting without pictures (and I was mad that the first few generations were missing).

Are you sure you're looking in the right place for the pictures?  The path to find them is:  C:/Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Screenshots

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline annieb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4149 on: February 13, 2012, 11:52:06 PM »
Are you sure you're looking in the right place for the pictures?  The path to find them is:  C:/Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Screenshots

Yeah, that is where I'm looking. I've tried to mess with the settings a little but with no luck. I think it's something with my new computer because it would always save them on my old computer. I installed everything the same way, so I'm not sure what's going on.

And whenever I take a screenshot the little box pops up to tell me where it was saved to (just like it does the first time you take a picture) but they are never there.

Edit: I just did a quick google search on it and found that it is a bug for some Mac users. I know a workaround to get the final picture, but it would be hard to do for a whole story. But who knows, I have all my old saves from every age of every generation so I could go back and grab enough to put something together. Even if no one read it, it would be nice to have for my sake.

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #4150 on: February 14, 2012, 02:07:01 AM »
I'm on Generation 6 and my game also takes forever to save.
I too hadn't written a story because up until last night I didn't know where to look for saved screenshots and now it's too late to start now.

Question:
If I wanted to write a story for e.g. Townie-Dynasty - how do I go about that?

Lynette

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4151 on: February 14, 2012, 02:15:25 AM »
Question:
If I wanted to write a story for e.g. Townie-Dynasty - how do I go about that?

Lynette

Hi Lynyeld. Take a look at our Rules for Stories and then start your thread in the appropriate child board of the Stories Board.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4152 on: February 14, 2012, 06:43:07 AM »
I've decided against going for Riding as a Supermax. Mainly when I saw one of the challenges '10 Horsey Best Friends' Yeah Right, as if I can even manage to get one!  ;D I'll probably do Nectar or something. I have plenty to choose from though so it's all good. They'll still have the Horse though. :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4153 on: February 14, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »
I just returned from a trip to Egypt only to be informed my Second Generations Pregnant Wife's Motive Mobile has been sold due to her death and now she is gone! What just happened? When I left she had full need bars and now she is gone and apparently dead!? I have not yet saved or exited, just minimized. I think my last save is before my trip to Egypt, I just have no idea why or what happened!  :'(

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4154 on: February 14, 2012, 02:47:07 PM »
That certainly sounds like a strange glitch to me Thomas. If you had to go back to a previous save how much progress would you loose.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything