Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2976956 times)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4170 on: February 15, 2012, 06:09:01 PM »
@simsissy: If you're going for Riverview with a female founder, Billy Caspian is a good catch as he's got a car you can sell and he's artistic, plus he's got good genes. For a male founder Laurel Grisby is rich and has an interesting nose, or Betty Simovitch and Roxie Lin are fairly pretty. You could also try Elaine Joy for her cooking skill and painting skill and get her father to come and do the garden. A good place for special seeds is the simhenge, or at the graveyard sometimes. I'm at gen seven of my dynasty there, and I love it.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #4171 on: February 15, 2012, 06:55:49 PM »
Thank you @ArianaJade - I'll look forward to see what what I can pull out of it.

@Pam - Don't worry :) Last time I tried this, you all were so supportive, I can't wait to start uploading photos again.

I did have one more tiny question...do animals count as best friends or only people? And are there any restrictions on pets and the like when working on your dynasties? (As in, don't adopt, don't buy, etc...)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4172 on: February 15, 2012, 08:47:57 PM »
I did have one more tiny question...do animals count as best friends or only people? And are there any restrictions on pets and the like when working on your dynasties? (As in, don't adopt, don't buy, etc...)

Yes, pets count as best friends (so do cars).  No restrictions other than what the game gives you as far as space in the house.  But consider it very carefully because planning your space in the house is critical for this challenge in the later generations.  You can only have a total of 10 in the house, including Sims and pets.  You can have up to 8 Sims and up to 6 pets.  For example, if you find yourself in generation 7 and you've got 3 pets, you're in trouble because you would have the maximum of 10 and won't be able to give birth to generation 8.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #4173 on: February 16, 2012, 12:22:06 AM »
I've decided against going for Riding as a Supermax. Mainly when I saw one of the challenges '10 Horsey Best Friends' Yeah Right, as if I can even manage to get one!  ;D I'll probably do Nectar or something. I have plenty to choose from though so it's all good. They'll still have the Horse though. :)

Actually, this isn't that hard. I did a small test run of Riding, and here's how I did the Horse Friends one.
Step 1: Have both 'animal' slots open. More is better, but this is a dynasty. One of those slots will be closed for a stable competition horse, but the other slot will be full of rotating horses for this.
Step 2: Befriend you up a wild mustang until it moves in.
Step 3: Make best friends with mustang via spamming happy things. Maybe train while you're at it.
Step 4: Sell the wild horse.
Step 5: Repeat steps 2-4 until you complete 'Mustang Master'
Step 6: Buy or adopt a horse.
Step 7: Make Best friends with horse via spammage. Maybe train.
Step 8: Sell Horse
Step 9: You see where this is going, right? Keep doing this until you're done.

You'll also probably be further along in your career via this method, too, so it worked pretty well. It's pretty rough work, but it's managable, particularly with your buddies the moodlet manager and motive mobile.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Mandier

« Reply #4174 on: February 16, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »
I imagine that the Tree of Prosperity that is included in the new Lunar Lakes world is off limits for the dynasties since it can help learn skills faster.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #4175 on: February 16, 2012, 07:17:30 PM »
I imagine that the Tree of Prosperity that is included in the new Lunar Lakes world is off limits for the dynasties since it can help learn skills faster.

I don't know about that since Mixology also has that skill booster drink, but I would definitely like to hear a ruling from Metro on it before I sneak it into my Dynasty.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4176 on: February 16, 2012, 07:21:51 PM »
Not sure I would want to use it in a dynasty anyway.   Tree of prosperity is cool but I'm very strict about allowing my Sims to only learn certain skills and I wouldn't want them to get the wrong one from the tree allowing them to get opportunities they shouldn't be getting instead of the ones they should be. 

The difference between the tree and the skill boost drinks is that the drinks allow you to learn faster like the LTR.  The tree just gives you part of a skillpoint.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #4177 on: February 16, 2012, 07:45:50 PM »
Okay, back again asking another simple question and I'm sure it has been asked before but I was searching and couldn't find the answer to it...when it comes to portraits...do they have to be official 'Portraits' or can they also be still lifes of the person per stage?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4178 on: February 16, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »
Okay, back again asking another simple question and I'm sure it has been asked before but I was searching and couldn't find the answer to it...when it comes to portraits...do they have to be official 'Portraits' or can they also be still lifes of the person per stage?

No Still Lifes. It must be the real deal Portrait option.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #4179 on: February 17, 2012, 04:36:44 AM »
No Still Lifes. It must be the real deal Portrait option.

Is there a problem if the portrait is squigly? (sims do that somewhere between level eight or nine of painting skill.)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4180 on: February 17, 2012, 06:15:09 AM »
There just needs to be a portrait done.  It's up to the player on whether you'll take a squiggly or normal one.  My personal choice is it has to be a masterpiece.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4181 on: February 17, 2012, 06:29:01 AM »
Is there a problem if the portrait is squigly? (sims do that somewhere between level eight or nine of painting skill.)

The Painting Style doesn't matter as long as it was 'Paint Portrait Of ...' was the option. Personally I will make them redo it till I get a clear painting.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #4182 on: February 17, 2012, 07:02:56 AM »
The Painting Style doesn't matter as long as it was 'Paint Portrait Of ...' was the option. Personally I will make them redo it till I get a clear painting.

That's good. Yeah that's what I wanted to do, but I forgot to make it and it was a last minute deal, so I just have to settle for this.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4183 on: February 17, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »
I just opened my game, opened my Immortal Dynasty at the save that was PRE-Travel. Before my Gen 2's Spouse's Sudden Disappearance. This is what I am greeted with.

Tristan Jade is now apparently Dead. Even though he ate Ambrosia a few days ago. What is going on with my game! He was very much alive before that Save and Exit and now he is suddenly dead. He was also alive the last time I loaded up from that point and then went travelling. I don't understand why this is happening!? I checked my savefiles and there is not a single .bad or anything unusual going on in there!  >:(  :'(

EDIT: Loading up my Back-Up Save and just crossing my arms at this point that it will not also be affected.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline The Anonymous

• Nooboo
« Reply #4184 on: February 17, 2012, 11:18:35 AM »
In my dynasty, I’ve started to get a bit bored with the Sims who have nothing left to do just sitting around and watching TV. So, I decided to add the second floor a little early and build a balcony over the living room. This balcony has a bunch of different stuff, like bubble machines, my founder’s piano, SimLife Goggles, etc. But, the thing I’m most excited about, is this:

It’s finally given me an excuse to use all the arcade machines! :D What does everyone else do to keep their Sims occupied? I’m curious in case my Sims ever get bored of their new arcade.

anything