Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972670 times)

Offline Widonja

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3615 on: October 22, 2011, 09:39:20 AM »
Can I tear down the Villa Alto (nobody is living in it anyway) to put a club in?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3616 on: October 22, 2011, 09:43:28 AM »
I was able to place most of the clubs without bulldozing any houses.   I got rid of the lots on Pinochle Road but it was doable and they were all reachable.   Waylon's fits perfectly up by Stoney Falls.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3617 on: October 22, 2011, 09:51:28 AM »
Do immortals need to eat Ambrosia?

My founder has met all her requirements for eating ambrosia  but my game ran into some sort of a glitch which I noticed after the latest patch - none of my fisherman sims (hubby and 2nd generation heir) can fish with a bait anymore in any of the community fishing spots - the game would just remove the action and leave them with nothing to do. They can still fish with bait in the pond that I created in their own lot but it doesn't have anything except the store-bought fishes. I haven't tried fishing for deathfish without any bait (just lure) but I doubt that will work since the hubby have been doing it for a couple of nights now without any luck.

Am I doomed and have to restart? Is eating Ambrosia a requirement for immortality or would putting a death flower in my founder's inventory and getting tattoos and makeovers be enough to  be called "immortal"?

I think you need to get a Level9/10 Fisherman to catch Deathfish without Bait? Or is it earlier than that, I forget. You can catch it at Level 5/6 with Bait I think. From what I remember you have to eat Ambrosia.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #3618 on: October 22, 2011, 09:59:07 AM »
The Pond on Pinchole Pinnacle is the lot my 1st Immortal bought and I think it wouldn't be fair, as it was cheaper when I bought it. I also (by mistake, I wanted to place the smaller Equestrian Centre) placed the big one right opposite my house and they're making a lot of noise -.-' Currently, both the Goth and the Alto villas are not populated... It's a shame, Those were my two favourite households (Landgraabs... meh.)

-Anyway, I now have 3 clubs and 1 watering hole (pets) in the valley.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3619 on: October 22, 2011, 10:02:07 AM »
As far as I know it's against the rules to replace any lot that's already there.  So you have to keep the ponds, houses and everything else the way it is.   You have to make new lots to place the new stuff.  Again like I said, it's Metro's call.  I never actually took Pinochle away as it's still one of my Sims favorite spot to fish other than Stoney Falls. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #3620 on: October 22, 2011, 10:03:41 AM »
 :o Is it OK if I replaced the pond? I can put a new pond somewhere else and... I don't know. I hope I don't need to restart.

Offline Anjielicka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3621 on: October 22, 2011, 10:26:01 AM »
I think you need to get a Level9/10 Fisherman to catch Deathfish without Bait? Or is it earlier than that, I forget. You can catch it at Level 5/6 with Bait I think. From what I remember you have to eat Ambrosia.

Thanks, Samoth04! The founder's hubby is level 9 and their teen daughter is level 10 in fishing. I guess I just have to keep trying to fish without bait - all I need is 2 deathfish then I'm set for the ambrosia of all the next generations.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3622 on: October 22, 2011, 10:33:44 AM »
Do immortals need to eat Ambrosia?

Yes.

Can I tear down the Villa Alto (nobody is living in it anyway) to put a club in?

No. That would require using Edit Town in a way not covered by the rules. Place clubs on empty lots.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3623 on: October 22, 2011, 10:40:33 AM »
@anjelicka: if you have an omni plant or if you are in sunset valley han you can just catch one and then replicate it as many times as you like.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3624 on: October 22, 2011, 10:43:28 AM »
@anjelicka: if you have an omni plant or if you are in sunset valley han you can just catch one and then replicate it as many times as you like.

I don't remember how many times Omni plants can bear fruit, but it's not eternal — maybe half a dozen times or so. Maybe someone else knows the exact number, but they will die eventually.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3625 on: October 22, 2011, 11:03:15 AM »
If you use the replicator to replicate ambrosia you can get forty servings of ambrosia with one death fish and one life fruit. Eighty servings if the replicator has been upgraded.

Edit:Sorry about that I didn't complete my post it was a technical issue.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3626 on: October 22, 2011, 11:05:00 AM »
If the re...?
Do you mean if you upgrade it?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3627 on: October 22, 2011, 11:06:27 AM »
Ah, Sportsfan, were you talking about using the replicator or just feeding an Omni plant with Death Fish to get more death fish? That's what I thought you were talking about and I wanted to point out that there is a limit to how many times a Omni Plant will bear fruit.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #3628 on: October 22, 2011, 11:50:32 AM »
If you feed an OmniPlant deathfish, for each 1 you give it, you get 3 back. I think it works 5-6 times, so you could get 10-12 deathfish out of 1.

If you have an aquarium (comes with High End Loft Stuff, or there's a couple available on the Sims 3 Store) you can put two deathfish in and they'll breed. This won't work forever, but when they stop you can put two of the offspring back in the tank and start breeding again. So from two fish, you can get a potentially infinite number.

With the food replicator, upgraded, you might be able to get 60 dishes out of one fish - there are three slots, each of which holds 10 (non-upgraded) or 20 (upgraded) copies. This won't be enough to give your immortals ambrosia once a week forever, but if you cut it to once every two weeks it'll last a good, long time.

With 10 deathfish, you can build a pond on your property and stock it with deathfish. It might be easier to fish in this pond - if nothing else the deathfish are available 24/7 instead of only late at night.

Keep in mind that there's no requirement for perfect deathfish - ambrosia cooked fresh is always Perfect Quality, replicated is always Normal Quality, but you get immortality either way.

(Edit: if you're going the aquarium route, the "offspring" fish may or may not work for Opportunities. They're marked as "bred in captivity" rather than "caught by Your Sim", and I think I recall having an opportunity for a specific kind of fish that a captive-bred one didn't satisfy.)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Anjielicka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3629 on: October 22, 2011, 11:59:41 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

I am planning to either feed deathfish to an omni plant or replicate ambrosia through a replicator - whichever one I could get to first. The problem is getting to that 1 deathfish since a bug/glitch is preventing me from using a bait at all. Since Ricalynn had said that it is possible to catch a deathfish without bait, then I'll keep trying that - hopefully I'll manage to catch at least 1 before Grim comes for my founder. :)

anything