Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941646 times)

Sportsfan

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3630 on: October 22, 2011, 12:06:53 PM »
Ah, Sportsfan, were you talking about using the replicator or just feeding an Omni plant with Death Fish to get more death fish? That's what I thought you were talking about and I wanted to point out that there is a limit to how many times a Omni Plant will bear fruit.
Omni plant. And there is? That's news to me. Probably why the one in the science faculty isn't giving me anything anymore.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #3631 on: October 22, 2011, 02:35:38 PM »
In a backup file, I was just able to confirm that if you build a pond on your lot and "stock" it with 10 fish of the same type, you can then fish with bait in that pond, even if you can't anywhere else. I wonder if "stock"ing an existing pond would jump-start it? I'm going to try that - goldfish are cheap at the grocery store. :)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3632 on: October 22, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »
Omni plant. And there is? That's news to me. Probably why the one in the science faculty isn't giving me anything anymore.

The one at the Science Center is finicky.  Sometimes it produces and sometimes it doesn't.  With your home grown Omni plants, they actually die like any other plant when they're used up.

The problem is getting to that 1 deathfish since a bug/glitch is preventing me from using a bait at all.

There's an old bug in the game that I thought had been fixed, but it's worth a try.  Does your fishing Sim have Special Seeds in his inventory?  There were also some other things that could cause the glitch if they were in the personal inventory, but I don't recall what they are.  It wouldn't hurt to take a peek and see.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #3633 on: October 22, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »
Stocking the existing pond didn't help - it just created a second, working fish spawner alongside the broken one. But at least now we know that if you can get one or two fish, you'll eventually be okay.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3634 on: October 22, 2011, 03:04:05 PM »
Folks, if you're having issues with using bait after patching up (Tournament players take note as well), then here's a workaround...

In a backup file, I was just able to confirm that if you build a pond on your lot and "stock" it with 10 fish of the same type, you can then fish with bait in that pond, even if you can't anywhere else.

Thanks, cathyknits. :)

Offline Anjielicka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3635 on: October 22, 2011, 03:57:03 PM »
In a backup file, I was just able to confirm that if you build a pond on your lot and "stock" it with 10 fish of the same type, you can then fish with bait in that pond, even if you can't anywhere else. I wonder if "stock"ing an existing pond would jump-start it? I'm going to try that - goldfish are cheap at the grocery store. :)

That was one of the first things I tried - restocking one of the community ponds with alley catfish - and I was able to fish with cheese but all the other types of fishes in the pond disappeared and only the alley catfish remained.   :(

There's an old bug in the game that I thought had been fixed, but it's worth a try.  Does your fishing Sim have Special Seeds in his inventory?  There were also some other things that could cause the glitch if they were in the personal inventory, but I don't recall what they are.  It wouldn't hurt to take a peek and see.

I did read about that old bug and checked that I didn't have any seeds in my sims' inventory. What I haven't tried is removing everything in the inventory. Thanks for the suggestion, Pam.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3636 on: October 23, 2011, 09:28:45 AM »
Metro, I'm playing in Hidden Springs and there is nowhere to put the JRA International Equestrian Centre (60x60) I've tried everywhere to place the lot and I've found somewhere it will go except there is an unnocupied house in that area. Most of HS is unroutable terrain. Can I move that house to another 30x40 Lot in order to place the new lot there?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3637 on: October 23, 2011, 09:36:15 AM »
Never mind, I just saw one with a smaller lot (40x40) and it seems to offer the same services.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3638 on: October 23, 2011, 12:43:14 PM »
I know ratchie had problems with her decadynasty, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems with random game crashes and save errors a lot on existing files. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3639 on: October 23, 2011, 12:48:59 PM »
All of my saved game files that I started prior to installing Pets have gone loopy on me. My daughter has been playing a Pets file for hours and that has been fine.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #3640 on: October 23, 2011, 01:28:05 PM »
My new legacy is the same way.  I can play all day without any problems but I can't make it through one day of my dynasty files without a crash or saving error or crashing while saving.   I started the game, placed the lots and got an error 12 once.  It's simply frustrating.  I'm tempted to give up Pets just to finish my original dynasties and hope it helps.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3641 on: October 23, 2011, 01:29:53 PM »
My new legacy is the same way.  I can play all day without any problems but I can't make it through one day of my dynasty files without a crash or saving error or crashing while saving.   I started the game, placed the lots and got an error 12 once.  It's simply frustrating.  I'm tempted to give up Pets just to finish my original dynasties and hope it helps.

There is a thread in the Pets Board about Pets Crashing, I think it is called Pets Crashing or something. Someone posted a tutorial on how to fix it, if it's the same issue with your Computer that is.

EDIT - Here is it!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #3642 on: October 23, 2011, 01:48:24 PM »
Unfortunately DEP does nothing for a Mac.  :-\

Offline Danielle

• Nooboo
« Reply #3643 on: October 23, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »
Will there be restrictions added on son to the rules for the pets expansion? My main question is if there is a restriction to the number of pets you can create in CAS with generation 1?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3644 on: October 23, 2011, 04:44:58 PM »
Will there be restrictions added on son to the rules for the pets expansion? My main question is if there is a restriction to the number of pets you can create in CAS with generation 1?

No restrictions. You can create the max (6) if you wish along with your founder.

anything