Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2970317 times)

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3645 on: October 25, 2011, 08:16:47 PM »
I was wandering around Appaloosa Plains, deciding if I would finally buckle down and make a serious attempt at an Immortal Dynasty, when I noticed there are only 7 buildings in town. Plenty of properties, but those multiple rabbit-hole buildings are a killer. Just thought I'd point that out in case anyone was thinking of starting a Dynasty there.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #3646 on: October 25, 2011, 08:24:45 PM »
I have great news - I just finished my dynasty ;D
However, in my story, I'm only up to generation 7's immortality. But I was too excited to not announce it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3647 on: October 25, 2011, 08:29:14 PM »
Congratulations Alexandria!

*goes to start reading the story*

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3648 on: October 25, 2011, 08:45:18 PM »
Oh my!  Congratulations Alexandria_!  That is so exciting!  I'm so happy for you!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3649 on: October 25, 2011, 08:49:12 PM »
Congrats, Alexandria_!

Sportsfan

« Reply #3650 on: October 25, 2011, 08:49:44 PM »
I was wandering around Appaloosa Plains, deciding if I would finally buckle down and make a serious attempt at an Immortal Dynasty, when I noticed there are only 7 buildings in town. Plenty of properties, but those multiple rabbit-hole buildings are a killer. Just thought I'd point that out in case anyone was thinking of starting a Dynasty there.
Are some of the buildings combined into one place like Bridgeport?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3651 on: October 25, 2011, 08:51:42 PM »
Yes a lot of them are.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #3652 on: October 25, 2011, 09:16:51 PM »
Looking at the map view, then looking at the property list on the computer, it seems that one cannot buy the School/Stadium rabbit-hole. If this were possible, there would be enough buildings. Aside from the equestrian center, ALL the rabbit-holes share buildings.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #3653 on: October 25, 2011, 09:20:19 PM »
I have great news - I just finished my dynasty ;D
However, in my story, I'm only up to generation 7's immortality. But I was too excited to not announce it!

*applause* Go you! I can't wait to read it!
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #3654 on: October 25, 2011, 11:08:45 PM »
Thanks everyone ;D
Now I've just got to contain myself, and not post all the chapters at once haha. I'm limiting myself to 2 (or three in some cases) a day so that people can keep up. I've got all the updates written on Word, so there's probably about a week of updates there.

Offline The Anonymous

• Nooboo
« Reply #3655 on: October 25, 2011, 11:30:20 PM »
Hurray for Alexandria_! *throws confetti*

Pricilla, my founder, has just become immortal, and it's so fulfilling! I can;t wait to finish this thing... it'll be amazing! :D

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3656 on: October 26, 2011, 02:29:20 AM »
Congratulations Alexandria!

I don't mean to be rude Metro, but I have to question a ruling here:

No restrictions. You can create the max (6) if you wish along with your founder.

This was about creating pets in CAS along with a founder. I remember that Pets get extra money if you start with them. For instance, if you create Mr. Dynasty, he gets §16,500. However, if you create Mr. Dynasty's Horse, you'd get just over §15,000. I think (Note the THINK here) that Sims and Pets created together get more money, but I haven't loaded the game for a while so I cannot be 100% certain.

EDIT: Reading the guide, it's confirmed for horses. I'm about to read about Cats and Dogs.
EDIT 2: By the guide, it's only horses.

Also, can I use a Swap Shop sim as a founder? Can I download, say, Drey Kular, and use him? If nessecary, can I download him, put him in a save game, add him to the Sim Bin then select him to get rid of any inventory objects?

Offline The Anonymous

• Nooboo
« Reply #3657 on: October 26, 2011, 05:26:29 AM »
About the pets thing, Metro has final ruling, here, but I believe he stated that, while creating your founder with pets does give them extra funds, such funds are required to take care of the pet(s). And, obviously, you couldn't just sell the pets, or give them away, or anything like that, because all sims need to live on the dynasty lot until they die.

Alternatively, one could argue that, by starting out with pets, players would be violating the "start with only one sim" rule. It's Metro's call.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3658 on: October 26, 2011, 08:25:21 AM »
Alternatively, one could argue that, by starting out with pets, players would be violating the "start with only one sim" rule. It's Metro's call.

Pets are not Sims. They're pets. ;) They're part of the household, but they're not Sims.

It's not a big deal, guys. Players will always find tricks and loopholes in things to make things easier. I, like a lot of other players wanted an easy Dynasty experience at the beginning and married Agnes. My Founder had over 100k household cash very quickly. So, yeah, if you create 6 horses you will have more money than someone that does not go that route. It's not an issue to me.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3659 on: October 26, 2011, 08:33:08 AM »
I'm wondering. How hard would it be to Supermax Riding? I don't think I'd do it now in my Dynasty because I'd need proper planning to make sure to have room for the three Mustangs Challenge.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]