Author Topic: Help with nanites and parts  (Read 37126 times)

Offline candyraver69

• Llama Wrangler
Help with nanites and parts
« on: October 22, 2013, 10:07:23 PM »
Has anyone found any wild nanites yet? I am working to get a collection helper but without that after looking high and low I have not found even one.

Also can anyone figure out if there is somewhere to get the blank processors besides the consignment at the bot store? Its painstaking having to keep checking for one or two a day.

Offline seakissed

• Townie
Re: help with nanites and parts
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 11:49:12 PM »
Haven't found anything in the wild, but you get the blank processors if you do the reverse engineering to the nanites

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline s4dfish

• Nooboo
Re: Help with nanites and parts
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 09:34:22 PM »
I've found a few nanites in the wastelands and in the solar panel lots.

If anyone finds the spawn for the uber nanite, I'd be very appreciative.

Offline candyraver69

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 11:48:33 PM »
I finally earned my collection helper and tried finding nanites with it. There are some on the map but when I scroll in, they are invisible besides the little shiny thing you get with collection helper. I'm guessing a mod is messing things up or I need to clear my cache so I will try that.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Offline maxbell09

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 09:56:30 AM »
I finally earned my collection helper and tried finding nanites with it. There are some on the map but when I scroll in, they are invisible besides the little shiny thing you get with collection helper. I'm guessing a mod is messing things up or I need to clear my cache so I will try that.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Indeed, when you're looking for nanites using the Collection Helper, they seem to be invisible at first. What I did was to wait 5-10 seconds for them to appear. It felt like the game did not render them as fast as I clicked the nanites' spot.

Did anyone find the uber nanite? I'm not having any luck looking for it in the wild and the opportunity chains I'm doing aren't leading me to it either.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 01:59:52 PM »
Has anyone found any wild nanites yet? I am working to get a collection helper but without that after looking high and low I have not found even one.

I have always noticed in my game, towns take usually three days or so after traveling before the spawners really start generating. Doesn't matter if I am traveling to or from a vacation spot, to and from university, etc. The first day in a town, there are the collectibles that were there when I left, or when it was loaded for the first time. If I run around and collect them, the collection helper doesn't show too many new ones at all generating for the next several days. Same is true when I start a new game, the main town takes about three days to start regularly generating collectibles.

But after that time has past, towns really start cranking out the collectibles. I had a plumbot on my trip to the future that couldn't keep up with the nanites and other collectibles in the wasteland when I was using the jet pack and a collection helper. By the time I got to one end of the wasteland, they were already popping back up on the other side where I started. But this was after I had already had them there in the future for four sim days.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 03:16:39 AM »
I've found dozens of nanites in the wild in the wastelands. The only ones I haven't found yet are the Polar and the Uber. I don't have the collection helper yet, but they are easy to spot when you go and look around down there.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 02:26:35 PM »
I've discovered that it's easy to find them in the evening.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Lexmechanic

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 04:01:32 PM »
[...]
Did anyone find the uber nanite? I'm not having any luck looking for it in the wild and the opportunity chains I'm doing aren't leading me to it either.

I don't know if there are better spots to check for it (so far I've just been catching all I see in the wasteland). I suggest checking the bot consignment shop periodically, in case they get one in stock. You can reverse engineer that on just as effectively as one found in the wild. :)

I've discovered that it's easy to find them in the evening.

It certainly is. I love how they glow in the dark!

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 06:17:05 PM »
I got my uber nanite from the bot consignment store and reverse engineered it so that I can create more, if you have enough money just buy everything and consign the ones you don't need, it will show up.
on official forum I saw this post in which someone has showed a screenshot of the location he found, another one says,
Yeah, they are pretty rare. So far I've found two; one in the wastelands, but closer to in behind the Zephyr station, and another in the top right-hand corner of the map (not sure how else to describe its location).
Hope that helps:) I think the nanites vanish somewhere around 12am and will gradually start to show up again in a few hours.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 11:29:30 PM »
I'm pasting this directly out of my notes so it's a little rough, but I thought this might be helpful to some of you.

Rare Nanite spawns –

outside loel's lounge, near the 3-way intersection in an open area
corner of the big solar array near the Zephyr Terminal
beside the castle household, near the playful public pool
along the footpath leading back to town by Pleasant Meadows Cemetery

calling the town north, east of the site named barren wasteland, near a rock.
Another on the northern side of the barren wasteland site.
At the sunken houseboat south of the barren wasteland site.
At the sunken house north of the crash site
Southwestern corner of the wasteland, near another sunken houseboat, up on a  hill

Reverse Engineer Nanite
receive design
common nanites yield 2-4 small blank processors
uncommon nanites yield 2-4 random small or medium blank processors
rare nanites yield yield 2-4 random small to large blank processors

Offline simgurl6207

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 11:31:21 PM »
Hi everyone. I found some uber nanite behind the Landgraab house on 1100 Serenity Road.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 11:43:12 PM »
Hi everyone. I found some uber nanite behind the Landgraab house on 1100 Serenity Road.

Thank you and welcome to the Forum! I added that to my notes so that it will make it to the page I add to the collecting section on Nanites.

As you all can see, there are many spawn points for these compared to other types - the values are quite low, so they are not meant to be too hard to get... spotting them is the problem, since they take a minute to start floating around when you pan the camera around to them. I did find it easy to spot them in the wastes, and with all these spawn points we should be able to easily inform people on how to get all designs through reverse engineering and create Sentient Plumbots.

Offline Lexmechanic

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 12:31:45 AM »
In the Dystopian Future you can have nanites eat the huge piles of rubbish. They'll reappear a few seconds later, but they are often a different variety. This can be more or less valuable than the original. I managed to get one of the rare varieties using this method, having sacrificed only an uncommon breed. :D

Update: In my excitement, I posted this immediately. I tried feeding nanites quite a bit more and had incredible success! Using uncommon nanites, I found them returned as rare breeds about half of the time. I even caught an uber in no time flat! Just be quick about catching them after they've fed... they disappear after only a few seconds.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 07:26:22 AM »
I found an Uber nanite in the wastelands. Near the edge of the map (where the sim can go to anyway) about half way between the crashed ship and the houseboat remains (when you are heading toward the little old house at 1504 Desolation Drive) there is a large rock. There is a spawner there for the Uber nanite.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum