Author Topic: Help with nanites and parts  (Read 37125 times)

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
Re: Help with nanites and parts
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 02:02:04 PM »
Lexmechanic, thanks for the post about them eating garbage. Sounds so cool! Will have to try that as I haven't gone to a dystopian future yet.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 07:29:29 PM »
I just published the Guide to Nanites but didn't mention garbage. I've got to get more experience with that area of the game but thanks for making sure we're all aware of that. I'll get around to editing the page to include that information, or if forgotten I'm sure it'll make it to the page through the Comments section.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lexmechanic

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 03:27:32 PM »
I just published the Guide to Nanites but didn't mention garbage. I've got to get more experience with that area of the game but thanks for making sure we're all aware of that. I'll get around to editing the page to include that information, or if forgotten I'm sure it'll make it to the page through the Comments section.

Well I am guilty of excited, disorganized comment spam. I'll be eagerly awaiting your take on that, once you've gotten to explore things.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 05:07:19 PM »
The only thing is, once the nanites eat the garbage, the garbage comes right back in a few minutes.  Getting different nanites would be almost worth it though. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 05:14:22 PM »
Well I am guilty of excited, disorganized comment spam. I'll be eagerly awaiting your take on that, once you've gotten to explore things.

I noticed you there. Thanks for the comments, they are helping to improve the pages I've already put out. I don't mind the 'spam' of it at all, because it's assisting our visitors when I am in the position of learning all these mechanics myself :D I'll get around to looking into the nanite garbage thing and possibly find it in the code to see percent chances of upgrades to those nanites :)

Offline LucyLove

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 01:05:47 PM »
I found an Uber nanite too, it was between some trees near the solar panel things. I saw it and I was so excited, but the darn thing disappeared before I got there. It was so disappointing that they stop spawning at 11pm Sims time, I haven't seen another one spawn since  :(

Offline bijou243

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 08:16:16 AM »
I would love to buy nanites and trait chips at the bot shop - but when I click on "Buy" the window comes up empty. There is nothing on consignment to buy at the register.  My sim can put things on consignment but there is nothing to buy!  I tried deleting and replacing the register with no difference.  Anyone else had this problem?  Did you solve it?   :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mordhain

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 08:44:46 AM »
Just throwing my two cents in on this here. I seem to have the best luck finding the better nanites, including the Uber, when I look around the derelict houseboats and the abandoned power station, or whatever it's called, there in the wasteland. Goofing around with the new stuff in Into the Future, I've explored the wasteland a fair bit so far, and I always seem to have the best luck in those areas. The areas around the rocks seem alright, but every time I've found an Uber, it's been near one of the derelicts.

Offline Mordhain

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 08:48:32 AM »
Bijou, I had that issue at first as well. In fact, I wasn't getting much in the way of moodlets either until I took a hard look at the mods I was running. After trimming it down to almost nothing but the Nrass mods, there is stuff in the buy menu at the bot shop every time I visit. It also might help to wait until the second day in the future to check so that things have time to spawn in that inventory.

Offline Veldmuisie

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 04:18:34 PM »
Thanks so much for the guides, Carl! 

Without the Collection Helper in the Wastelands, I noticed that there is usually something of interest around the rocks that have nanites, like a space rock or flower.  So you can queue to pick that up while you wait for the nanites to appear. I found that a bot with the Solar Powered chip in the Wastelands is perfect for catching nanites all day.  After 10pm (11pm?) he can excavate debris without getting dirty or simply power down.   A holodisk or computer will keep him from going home while you search. 

Offline SirDucer

• Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2014, 05:27:25 AM »
I can't find any, I've zoomed in and sat there for a good 5 mins waiting for the little blighters to render but nothing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk