Author Topic: Can't Receive Phone Opportunities  (Read 3887 times)

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
Can't Receive Phone Opportunities
« on: November 23, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »
Hello, folks. I've been having an issue with my game. Every time the phone rings, my Sims answer it, do the animation for declining an opportunity, and hang up. The option to accept the opportunity is never presented. It just auto-declines. Is anyone else having this problem? And, more importantly, does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Can't Receive Phone Opportunities
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 06:02:24 PM »
Do you have Into the Future installed? This is a common problem with that EP, I'm afraid. And I don't know of a fix beyond uninstalling ITF. :(
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 06:16:23 PM »
If you don't let them answer the phone, you will get the opp when the call ends. Unfortunately, that means giving up all social type calls.

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 09:41:16 PM »
Oh, really? Thank you for the information! I don't care much for social calls anyway. If my Sims want a social call, they make it themselves. :P

I do have ITF installed. I'm surprised to hear it is a common bug. I did quite a bit of googling looking for solutions and came up empty. My Google-fu must be weakening! Anyway, thanks! 

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 01:33:40 PM »
This is why I cannot get opps for my Immortal Dynasty! I guess I am uninstalling ITF.
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 03:58:24 PM »
If your sims are employed in rabbitholes, simlover16, they can still opps from that. But if they're self-employed, pretty much yeah, it's ITF auto-declining for you.

After all, you have a whole three futures to explore (normal, dystopic, utopic), who wants to waste time with delivering sculptures to criminals or tomatoes to cooks? Bah! ;)

anything