Author Topic: The Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 886019 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Dreamweaver Dynasty
« Reply #420 on: October 22, 2010, 12:28:53 AM »
Cinnamon is cute, but why the glasses? I wear them in RL so my sims never wear them! Frank Dreamweaver? Has a nice ring to it  ;D.

I wear them in real life, too.  At dinner with my husband's family this past weekend, I realized that all of us at the table were wearing glasses!  I thought it would be something different for a Dreamweaver, plus Cinnamon is a Genius and a Bookworm.  Glasses help give her that brainy look for a future doctor.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

ladylaw1978

« Reply #421 on: October 22, 2010, 01:50:42 AM »
I think you've done an excellent job thus far illustrating the different personalities of the Dreamweavers. Glasses is something I also never do because I wear them and contacts. I'm looking forward to seeing how Cinnamon progresses.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #422 on: October 22, 2010, 03:05:18 AM »
I wear them in real life, too.  At dinner with my husband's family this past weekend, I realized that all of us at the table were wearing glasses!  I thought it would be something different for a Dreamweaver, plus Cinnamon is a Genius and a Bookworm.  Glasses help give her that brainy look for a future doctor.  ;D
True! You think of everything!!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #423 on: October 22, 2010, 03:41:45 AM »
I LOVE the glasses!  And that dress is absolutely precious.  Did you do the pattern yourself in the pattern maker?  It's so pretty!  I think she'll be very happy in her indoors outdoor room.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #424 on: October 22, 2010, 06:31:45 AM »
Great update with Cinnamon, Pam. Wow, I can't believe how fast you play this Dynasty! I wonder who is going to finish first? Schipperke is up there too. I know it's not a race, I was just being curious. It will be nice to finally establish the Hall of Fame.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #425 on: October 22, 2010, 06:44:58 AM »
I LOVE the glasses!  And that dress is absolutely precious.  Did you do the pattern yourself in the pattern maker?  It's so pretty!  I think she'll be very happy in her indoors outdoor room.

I haven't messed with the pattern maker.  I think it's a pattern that came with the game.  I just recolored it.  It was a busy pattern, so I put the cinnamon color in two of the color slots to make it less busy.  I'm quite smitten with her hair, actually.  It's the one that came with Fast Lane, I believe. 

Great update with Cinnamon, Pam. Wow, I can't believe how fast you play this Dynasty! I wonder who is going to finish first? Schipperke is up there too. I know it's not a race, I was just being curious. It will be nice to finally establish the Hall of Fame.

Thanks!  It really does seem to play super fast.  I'm not playing anything else at the moment in Sims 3, so that's probably a big part of it.  When I need a break, I play a little Farm Frenzy: Gone Fishing.  But really, it's all about the Dreamweavers for me.  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #426 on: October 22, 2010, 09:25:45 AM »
I haven't messed with the pattern maker.  I think it's a pattern that came with the game.  I just recolored it.  It was a busy pattern, so I put the cinnamon color in two of the color slots to make it less busy.  I'm quite smitten with her hair, actually.  It's the one that came with Fast Lane, I believe. 

The child hair from cinnamon, is the one from the octoberfest set.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #427 on: October 22, 2010, 10:45:48 AM »
I just got caught up!  Congrats on getting so far with your Dynasty, Pam!  Your family is delightful!

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #428 on: October 22, 2010, 08:11:48 PM »
Cinni is so cute. I'll really miss Chartreuse as well. Pam I have a favor to ask. Can you please post an update with a tour of your house? I need some ideas! ;)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #429 on: October 22, 2010, 10:29:23 PM »
As requested, here's a tour of the Dreamweaver Dynasty house.  Keep in mind that I didn't design it as a whole house.  I just built walls to give Carina some shelter and I've added to it a little at a time.  It's never been torn down and rebuilt.  The original "real" house that Carina and Christopher lived in is now the front of the ground level.  

I realized as I was taking all these pictures that I've got a special skill area for each of the Immortals.  It's pretty cool.  

Now for the tour.  I'll cover the exterior in this first tour.  

This is the view of the house from the front.  You can see the koi pond that Christopher made, as well as the rows of topiaries done by Kenny.  I started out the house in only black and white.  The exterior and outdoor items have remained those colors for the most part.

Here is the side of the house.  It has a large deck area with a grill and seating for 12.  This is the preferred eating location for all the Dreamweavers except Cinnamon, who hates the outdoors.  You can also see the outdoor studio on the second level.  This is where Periwinkle sculpts.  

Next is Carina's garden.  Otherwise known as the Crop Circles.  Each gate is locked so that only Carina can go into the garden.  This keeps sneaky Sims like Banana from gardening and accidentally gaining too much gardening skill, especially since she's a Green Thumb.  It also keeps everyone out of the sprinklers.

The only outdoor area that's not done in modern black and white themes is Nectarine's Zen Garden.  This is where she breaks space rock blocks.  I don't lock this gate because nobody else in the family has Martial Arts skill and they can't use the board breaker at all.

I recently updated the pool area.  I added some lounge chairs and umbrellas, put in a juice bar and nectar table, and a stereo and sculpture by Periwinkle.  These gates are locked against everyone but Nectarine and Mario.  Why?  Because sneaky Banana kept jumping into the pool and raising the forbidden Athletic skill!  If I have a pool party, I'll unlock the gates and send Banana and the others to the spa or something.

And finally, here's the view of the back of the house.  The stairs to the basement are back here.  I had them inside the house, but none of my Sims could use them.  They had a pathing issue or something.  I got tired of fighting it and just put them outside.

That's it for part 1 of the Dreamweaver Dynasty House tour.  Next up will be the above ground living quarters for the family.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #430 on: October 22, 2010, 11:05:55 PM »
Wow! I wish I could build houses that awesome... But I stink at building. TT_TT
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #431 on: October 22, 2010, 11:09:24 PM »
Wow! I wish I could build houses that awesome... But I stink at building. TT_TT

Thank you for the compliment.  To me it looks sort of random because it's just adding on to what's already there.  I just put new rooms wherever I can fit them and decorate each of them with a unique theme and color.  I'm a miserable failure at building a gorgeous model house from the ground up.  I don't even know where to start and it gives me a massive headache.  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #432 on: October 23, 2010, 02:01:46 AM »
Really, Pam, you do yourself wrong.  That house and yard is lovely and very creative.  I love the pool in particular and the crop circles crack me up.  I never thought to lock up my garden so folks would stay out of the sprinklers.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #433 on: October 23, 2010, 02:40:05 AM »
Now we move inside the Dreamweaver Dynasty House to continue the tour.

This is the ground floor.  The front half of the house with all the banana yellow (plus Carina's room on the far right) is the original house of Carina and Christopher when they first started out.

Here's a close up of the living area.

This is the kitchen.

And this is Carina's bedroom.  This is not the original decor.  She and Christopher had a cheap bed and the colors were black and white.  I redecorated it to this the day before Christopher died.  He got to sleep one night in this nice comfy bed.

The back half of the ground floor is still in the original black and white.  It has a dining table, but it's almost never used by the family unless there's a party.  This is the big dancing and eating area for all the indoor parties.  It's also where the teleporter and body sculptor are kept.  The two sculptures on the far right were done by Oliver (Periwinkle's late husband).

Another view of the big white room, showing the entrance to the nursery suite at the far end.

Also on display here are the bridal ice sculptures of Banana and Periwinkle.  The lights have been colored to match their names to give the sculptures the color tones.

The ground floor has two simple bathrooms.

The last of the ground floor is the nursery, which consists of a two room suite.  One room is for sleeping and eating in the high chair, and the other room is for playing.  The rooms are separated by double arches.

The 2nd floor of the house is exclusively sleeping quarters for the family.  First are the diagonal rooms that belong to Nectarine and her late husband Kenny, and the late Indigo.

Their simple bathroom that could really use a facelift.

The bedrooms of Periwinkle and her late husband Oliver, and the late Chartreuse are arranged in an identical fashion, but with completely different styles.

The last of the sleeping quarters on the 2nd floor is for the children/teenagers.  When there were twins growing up in the house, both beds were used.  Now it's just singletons and the spare bed is used for sleepovers.  A slightly upgraded pink bathroom is close by.

Although it's not part of the sleeping quarters, the outdoor studio is accessed from the 2nd floor through a row of 5 glass doors that are locked against most of the household.  Locking doors doesn't allow for only 2 or 3 Sims to have access, so each Dreamweaver who has business with the studio has his/her own locked door.  If someone needs to pose, I unlock one door.  I'm bad about forgetting to lock it back and that sneaky Nectarine runs out there and starts sculpting, which is forbidden!

The rooms of the 2nd floor are all located on the outside walls of the house.  The open center area serves as a gallery for many of the paintings done by the family throughout the generations.

Yes, those are poles next to the stairs.  They are quicker to use than descending the staircase.  Plus, it amuses me to watch them slide down.  Especially when they crash land.  ;D

Last up on this part of the tour is the 3rd (top) floor.  Another diagonal set of rooms is Banana and Mario's sleeping suite.  The more luxurious bathroom is only accessible from their bedroom.

They have a small kitchen, which lets them grab leftovers without going all the way downstairs and dealing with the sometimes crowded main kitchen.  This is also where Cinnamon bakes her goods for bake sales.

In the other corner is Cinnamon's study where she can play chess and look out the telescope in a comfortable indoor setting.  She likes to listen to music and have the incense burning while she's tucked away in her red corner.  This room is also locked so that none of the sneaky Immortals will run in and gain Logic skill.

The last stop on the tour of the above ground floors is Mario's gym.  This is where he hones his athletic skill for his careers (Sports and Military) and maintains his newfound physique.  It has two locked doors, one for Mario and one for Nectarine.  She likes to come up and holler at him while he trains.

That's it for this part of the tour.  Next time, we'll look at the below ground levels and have an overhead look at all the levels.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #434 on: October 23, 2010, 02:46:22 AM »
That is awesome Pam! You build amazing houses contrary to what you think!  ;D

anything