Author Topic: The Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 881235 times)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: The Dreamweaver Dynasty
« Reply #450 on: October 24, 2010, 05:06:45 PM »
Wonderful job, Pam!

I'm not much of a poster (as evidenced by the still newbie status after 1 year) but just had to offer my encouragement and awe. And I'm going to admit to stealing your walk-through museum idea when I get to the point of actually building mine; right now everything is displayed in their bedrooms.

I love that you've managed to build a beautiful house from a small starter home. Kudos to you. Mine always turn out looking like an expansion of a starter home. For my Dynasty, I actually designed the concept of their completed home ahead of time and am building it in pieces as finances allow. This is the first time I've ever put in the planning effort so we'll see how it turns out.

Good job! Continued good luck as your Dynasty progresses.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Mikeyspoons

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #451 on: October 24, 2010, 08:29:38 PM »
I haven't commented before on this wonderful dynasty, but I have been following from the very start and I couldn't resist commenting. Your house is so well put together and I think the best houses are ones that start off small and you add onto. I particularly like the museum, it's wonderful. I was upset to hear about Chartreuse dying. She was such a fun character and probably my favourite. I will miss her. I like your idea of separate locked doors for separate Sims, although I haven't attempted a dynasty (I can't even get a legacy to generation 2 adults) I do get frustrated when other Sims waltz into a room and start using another Sims easel or sculpting station. I am really looking forward to the future of the dynasty and it is such a pleasure to be able to get lost in your story once a week. I will end my rant now by saying, I'm looking forward to the next installment  ;D

Mike

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #452 on: October 24, 2010, 10:00:40 PM »
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments.  I really do appreciate them!

I thought I'd post a few shots of how the house was when the Dynasty was first starting, just so everyone can see how the original house is still part of the existing structure.

In the very beginning, there was no house.  Just Carina, a bed, and a tiny garden.

Talk about a box!  Here is the very first incarnation of the house.  Four walls and that's it.

Even before I made the exterior white.

Here is the house when Nectarine and Indigo were teenagers. 

This is the exterior when I was able to splurge and jazz it up with a front porch, a couple of trees, and some flowers.

How's that for a walk down memory lane?
  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #453 on: October 24, 2010, 11:28:28 PM »
Wow! That first pic (of 4 walls) looks exactly like mine do, but mine are huge! I guess the reason mine look like boxes is because I keep everything in one room. No rooms! I need to add some rooms!! Thanks Pam!!  ;D ;D

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #454 on: October 25, 2010, 02:43:22 AM »
Oh Pam, how do you get so much money in such a short time? :o
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #455 on: October 25, 2010, 03:25:43 AM »
That is a very good question!

Oh, and yes I still read this story even though I hardly ever post. lol :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #456 on: October 25, 2010, 03:44:23 AM »
Also, if I may ask, exactly what lights do you use to color your statues that way? I've been trying to replicate it but I just can't seem to get them as solidly colored as you do!

The lights in the big white room on the bridal sculptures are the double candle wall lights that come with the base game.  The lights in the museum aren't anything special.  It's just the lamps that are part of the living room set and the snake lamps that are shining on the portraits.  The lights are colored to match each of the Immortals' names.  But the real trick is the placement of the ice sculpture.  If it's close enough to almost any kind of light, the ice will be illuminated in whatever color the light is.  I just fiddle with the placement of the statues and lights until it picks up the color.

Oh Pam, how do you get so much money in such a short time? :o

They just earned it.  Christopher brought a couple of thousand Simoleons when they got married and it was enough to put up the four walls and buy the cheapest kitchen and bathroom stuff.  Carina was diligent with her gardening and it was also her career, so she sold lots of produce at the Consignment Store.  Christopher fished and painted.  They really didn't have much money when they started.  The house is very modest and the next version is when their kids are teenagers and a good bit of time has passed.  Also, they raided the junkyard every day.  Their living room furniture and the girls' cribs all came from the junkyard.  Other stuff they had repaired and sold.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #457 on: October 25, 2010, 04:40:27 AM »
A quick update about Mario first. 

After he married Banana, I changed his Lifetime Wish to Jack of All Trades in which he has to reach level five in four different careers.  He reached level five in the Sports career, then quit and became a self-employed Photographer.  It was only for a day because he was already at level 10 in the Photography skill and one day's worth of his pictures made him fly straight to level six when I sold them from the camera.  Next, he joined the military to take advantage of his level 10 Athletic skill.  When he was at level four in the military, he got an offer for a level five position in the Law Enforcement career, which he accepted.  He quit that very day without ever reporting to work.  After a couple of days off (the poor guy was exhausted), he rejoined the Military career at level two.  He got promoted to level three on his first day and I expect him to fly through the last two levels quickly because he's already done them once already.  When he reaches level five, he should complete his Lifetime Wish.  I've never done it this way with a self-employed profession and the bit about changing careers midway through.  I hope it works!

Now, on to Cinnamon.  Remember when I mentioned Frank Wakefield as one of her classmates?  Well, Cinnamon was at the public pool again after school one day (I still have no idea why she goes there) and just about to jump in when I caught her.  I saw a flash of blonde hair run by behind her and it was none other than Frank Wakefield all grown up.  He must be a paper deliverer, although it doesn't show this on her relationship panel.  He was still a child when she entered high school and only a very few days later he's grown.  Normally, I wouldn't consider marriage to someone like this for my Dynasty, but Cinnamon's case will be different from the others.  She has to max out a career outside the home, so she needs to focus on that before she has any children.  Plus, it's the point in the Dynasty where having children later in life will be of benefit because, as I near the end of the Dynasty, I have to be very careful about making sure there's room in the house to bring in the next generation.  So, Frank may work out after all.  But here's the enormous appeal of Frank:

He is almost an exact duplicate of Cinnamon's late grandfather, Oliver!  That just tickles me to pieces.  So, Cinnamon chatted with him for a little bit (he's also a Bookworm) and invited him to come over.  She drove him in her awesome new car.

And he was kind enough to help her with her homework.

She's got a ways to go before she ages up to Young Adult and he can't be her boyfriend yet.  But she's going to keep her eye on him for sure.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #458 on: October 25, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »
Yay! A spouse for Cinnamon. But, how are you going to make sure he stays single?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #459 on: October 25, 2010, 12:49:50 PM »
Loved the tour of the house, Pam!  And Cinnamon has turned out to be a really pretty girl.  :)

ladylaw1978

« Reply #460 on: October 25, 2010, 06:54:08 PM »
Maybe I'm a bit blind, but Frank also looks a tad like Christopher?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #461 on: October 25, 2010, 11:32:24 PM »
Loved the tour of the house, Pam!  And Cinnamon has turned out to be a really pretty girl.  :)

Yep!  That's what I think also.  Love the cool cars too.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #462 on: October 25, 2010, 11:33:50 PM »
Frank is proving to be bit of a mystery.  I lost Cinnamon's first contact with him as an adult when my game crashed, so I had her call him up (he was still in her relationship panel from knowing him in elementary school).  He met her at the park and he was still a teenager!  She got to be the one to tutor him this time.

The next day, she invited him to come over and have dinner with the family.  He aged up overnight and is now a Young Adult.

He's not a paper deliverer after all and does have a family living in town.  But why is he aging so much faster than Cinnamon?  She aged to teen before him and still has 11 days until she's Young Adult, while he flew through his teen years in less than three Sim days.  I'm baffled.  I still can't believe how much he looks like Oliver.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #463 on: October 26, 2010, 12:57:22 AM »
He does look alot like Oliver! That is weird how he aged up so fast! I can age up mine fast, they go from baby to ya in a day but that's with cheats and I know you aren't using those so I guess it's a mystery that won't be solved lol.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #464 on: October 26, 2010, 03:06:34 AM »
Cinnamon purchased the Outstanding Citizen Warehouse and Old Pier Beach as her two properties.  Old Pier Beach is upgraded to level 3.

Here's the facilities building, exterior and interior.

I made a few changes to the existing park area.

The beach has been turned into a bright playground for both kids and adults.

And, of course, a play area for toddlers up away from the water.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything