Author Topic: Glitches/bugs? in my game, how do I fix this  (Read 3480 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Glitches/bugs? in my game, how do I fix this
« on: December 27, 2013, 03:58:44 PM »
Several things are really strange and wrong in my game:

1.  When gardening if I click on a sun flower on the ground I get a message asking me if I want to turn it off, change the intensity or set the color as if it were a light.  The sunflower is the one from Stone's Throw Greenhouse.

2.  When I go into a Sims inventory and click on a song to learn I get a message saying give gift even though they are at or beyond the necessary skill level to learn a new song.  They cannot "learn" the song, only gift it.

3.  All my LTRs keep disappearing along with any points earned from all my Sims inventories.

4.  I cannot complete an opportunity.  I've done what's required and then was told to go into the future and talk to Emit.  I can find and talk to Emit but the opportunity resolution doesn't come up.  I can't remember the name of the opportunity but it is after you do the sky is falling and use the magnet and go into the future and then back to the present.

5.  Each time I go back and forth between future and present my descendants change in both number and who they are.  This last time it was 7 descendants, all of whom were fairies like mine with the same shape and wing color.

Does this mean trash this file and do it all over?  Is this part of any known bug or glitch?  Is there any fix besides doing it all over again?

Thanks.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Glitches/bugs? in my game, how do I fix this
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 04:45:09 PM »
Let's take a look at these glitches/bugs.
Mods, I would recommend this best be moved to the Misc. Help Board.

Anyways, for the grill on the questions...
What expansion packs and stuff packs do you have?
Are you fully updated to the latest patch?
Do you play your game with mods/cc? (if so: are they fully updated?)
Is this happening in just one save or multiple (if you were to start a new game, fresh new neighborhood do these issues still happen)?

Alrighty, now that I finished that long phrase *phew*... let's take a look at some of these issues.

1. When gardening if I click on a sun flower on the ground I get a message asking me if I want to turn it off, change the intensity or set the color as if it were a light.  The sunflower is the one from Stone's Throw Greenhouse.
 - I would recommend uninstalling it via the launcher and reinstalling it from the store.

2. When I go into a Sims inventory and click on a song to learn I get a message saying give gift even though they are at or beyond the necessary skill level to learn a new song.  They cannot "learn" the song, only gift it.
I believe you should click on the guitar/instrument to learn new songs. I'm not sure if that's correct or not.

3. All my LTRs keep disappearing along with any points earned from all my Sims inventories.
Is this for one save or does this happen in a brand new save? This could mean you have a corrupted item that messed with the Sims inventory, we'll probably need to take a look deeper into that one.
Try evicting the family and placing them back.
Or, if you can, try saving a copy of them to the bin and seeing what happens when you try a fresh save.

4. I cannot complete an opportunity.  I've done what's required and then was told to go into the future and talk to Emit.  I can find and talk to Emit but the opportunity resolution doesn't come up.  I can't remember the name of the opportunity but it is after you do the sky is falling and use the magnet and go into the future and then back to the present.
Silly question, but have you tried resetting Emit? I'm assuming this is the Dystopian Future line of opportunities. I would try quitting the opportunity and starting it again and if there is still no luck we might need to look at this one again.

5.  Each time I go back and forth between future and present my descendants change in both number and who they are.  This last time it was 7 descendants, all of whom were fairies like mine with the same shape and wing color.
I believe that was supposed to be a feature. Every time your sim does something in the present (small or big) it changes your descendants. You'll often get a message saying "Holly something-er other, SimName! Something has affected the time continuum!" Or something along those lines. If your sim changes jobs, gets married, flirts with another sim in town... it can change the amount/look of your descendants.

Anyways, that's my best guesses as to what could be going on. If some of those issues aren't fixed we can then start to look at ways to fix the issues you're having.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 06:42:26 PM »
OMgoodness!  A complete, exact, answer to my problems, unlike what you get on the "official" forum.  THANK YOU!

Ok, first, I don't think it should be moved since it is directly related to ITF.  I have no problems of this nature with any of my other games where I'm not trying to go into the future.

I have ALL expansion and stuff packs installed.  I clean my cache files before each game play.  I do not use any mods, never have, never will because at my age there is danger of not remembering to update them.  I have no CC installed.  I am fully updated on patches. I keep only one game in my Sims3 file and all others are removed to a separate file outside of the game on my desktop. 

1.  Ok, I could do that but I don't think it is the sunflower itself that is a problem as when I do different actions, like try to remove a dead plant, I get something like, "charge with love" when I'm not trying to do anything with or even near one of the ITF flowers.  And, it's random.  I've tried going back to the main menu without a save, then coming back and trying another gardening action.  Sometimes the action is exactly what I want, for instance if I say, "harvest" my Sim does that, other times it is randomly weird like with the sunflowers or removing dead plants.  However, it surely won't hurt to remove the composter etc. and reinstall.

2.  I'll try that but it's been my experience to click on the song in the inventory so it can be learned.  If you already KNOW the song, or you aren't at that level, "learn song" is greyed out.  In this case it doesn't even appear.

3.  Hmmm.  I think I mispoke because LTR aren't in your inventory, (except for things like dusty old lamp, motive mobile, etc. which I didn't have), they are the rewards you get by accumulating points from completing opportunities.  Things that missing are things like, steel bladder, hardly hungry, etc.  So wouldn't evicting my family and then replacing them also remove those rewards?

4.  I never thought of resetting Emit!  I can try that.  Or just cancel the opportunity do it over another time.

5.  DUH!  Of course.  (face palm)

Thanks so much for your clear and helpful response!  You have no idea how much I appreciate it.  Cyber hugs!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 06:55:48 PM »
The only problem I know anything about is the song learning one, and you're right you can learn a song by clicking the instrument or by clicking the song in inventory (assuming the proper instrument is also in inventory).

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 04:04:53 AM »
Maybe the missing LTR's  get messed up just like some plumbot's trait chips does when traveling between past and future. Maybe the game mechanic somehow recognice your LTR's as if they were trait chips and just remove them in the move?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 04:47:10 AM »
Maybe the missing LTR's  get messed up just like some plumbot's trait chips does when traveling between past and future. Maybe the game mechanic somehow recognice your LTR's as if they were trait chips and just remove them in the move?

Whatever it is Salty it is for sure annoying!  I used a cheat and got points and repurchased the missing items.  We'll see if they travel well.

I did try resetting Emit this time but that didn't help at all.  I've basically given up on that and just accepted the fail.  Maybe it will come around again.

Right now things are more or less smooth.  I haven't checked the gardening glitch, (not home yet), nor whether or not my LTRs are there.

I did solve the can't learn a song thing.  Big DUH!  The rest of the Sims in the room were jamming.  In order to get one of them to learn a song I had to remove them from the room.  Then they did just fine. 

Thanks for all your help you guys.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 04:58:45 AM »
Mods, I would recommend this best be moved to the Misc. Help Board.

As you wish. :P Lol. But as this is a topic which addresses more than ITF-specific bugs, I'll move this to Miscellaneous Help. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.