Author Topic: Haven't played in almost a year, worried about EPs and bugs  (Read 1686 times)

Offline mumbiki

• Llama Wrangler
Haven't played in almost a year, worried about EPs and bugs
« on: December 30, 2013, 12:18:48 PM »
Not even sure how to phrase this question the proper way, but let me give it a shot.

The last time I played was when the University EP was about to come out. There were already so many bugs that weren't getting fixed or that would only be "fixed" if you bought their newest expansion. Now with even more expansions I'm guessing the game isn't even playable unless you have them all. The latest EP I have is Pets. I don't plan to purchase any others.

Am I able to still play the game or are parts of it still rendered unplayable and broken (gem collecting was one at the time)? Do they still roll out their patches in the sense of "hey we fixed this problem but created 2 others".

It's winter and being cooped up inside Sims3 was a good way to kill time, I'd just rather not do it dealing with tons of bugs programmers are too lazy to fix.  :P ::)

--Proud Mom of a United States Soldier!
--My first girl nooboo due 4/16/13!!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Re: Haven't played in almost a year, worried about EPs and bugs....
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 12:45:15 PM »
Welcome back! The game has regular updates that fix problems (And make more occasionally) and these are free. There are plenty of players who don't have many expansions. Get into your game, see if you can update with a patch and see what you think. Personally, I think the game is relatively bug and glitch free if you know what to avoid.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mumbiki

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 01:11:14 PM »
That gives me hope, thank you Bubbles. I will give it a shot, the stir crazy has already set in. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 01:25:49 PM »
I'm playing with just Late Night, Ambitions, Generations, and Supernatural (Christmas present) and my game is fairly bug free. There's been nothing I haven't been able to work my way around. I don't use any mods or cc so I think that helps when updating. I think if you just update to the latest patch, you should be fine.

Offline mumbiki

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Haven't played in almost a year, worried about EPs and bugs
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 02:35:52 PM »
Thank you Krae. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline mumbiki

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 01:27:43 PM »
3rd day playing.  Glitches and errors galore.  Guess it still is buggy as it was the last time I played.  :(  Consignment store is bugged again. Edited town, to delete and replace it.  That didn't fix it.  Guess I'll have to try mods again since EA programmers can't seem to figure out how to fix the errors.   >:(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 11:03:09 PM »
3rd day playing.  Glitches and errors galore.  Guess it still is buggy as it was the last time I played.  :(  Consignment store is bugged again. Edited town, to delete and replace it.  That didn't fix it.  Guess I'll have to try mods again since EA programmers can't seem to figure out how to fix the errors.   >:(

Please be careful of the EA bashing/insults.

Did you start in a brand new file with a new town?  Or is it a file that you played earlier?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 12:07:44 AM »
I can sympathize with your frustrations, not just with the game, but the wondering if EA will get "this" (whatever one it is) fixed soon. 

I can agree that a lot of the bugs are from EA, but I have had some problems with my computer causing the bugs.  My computer can handle only so many games, expansion packs and then it starts having a fit and creating all kinds of bugs, from sims sinking into the ground, warped, strange looking beings, routing issues and others that had me wanting to pull my hair out.
Uninstalling an expansion pack, deleting some big saved files and my games play is fine now.  I just have to watch  how much I put on my computer.

I guess I am going that EA does at times seem to be dropping the ball in the area of bugs, but sometimes it can be due to a player's computer, sound/video cards, power levels and whatever else it can be it just can't handle the games. 

My computer can handle only the base game, WA, IP, SN and I think it is four of the store worlds, more than that and I have so many problems it makes it too buggy and frustrating to play. 

I hope you can find a solution, it can be frustrating to want to play and not be able to. 

anything