Author Topic: Phone/Opportunity bug  (Read 8229 times)

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
Phone/Opportunity bug
« on: December 31, 2013, 05:19:40 AM »
Hello, I hope this is the correct place to post this, if not then please move it to the appropriate one. :) I have a freshly installed game, along with the lastest superpatch, 1.63.5, and all expansionpacks inlcuding Into the Future. I have no mods or cc installed and have started from a new savegame.

My problem is that my sim doesn't get Opportunities, though they are turned on in options. The phone rings, he answers the phone, but there is no popup window for the opportunity. Is there any known way to fix this, or will I just have to put off playing until a new patch comes out and hopefully sorts out the problem?

Offline Jamie

• Occult
Re: Phone/Opportunity bug
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 11:48:45 AM »
This is a bug that a lot of people with Into the Future installed have in their games. Unfortunately, I have not heard of a fix for it yet but maybe someone else will. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 02:48:12 PM »
I'm moving this to the Miscellaneous Help thread.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 02:48:53 PM »
The only "fix" that I am aware of is - don't answer the phone at all. If you do that, the opps will fire after the caller hangs up but unfortunately you lose out on the social type calls (lets chat, lets go on date, etc).

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 04:21:48 PM »
Thanks, I'll try and see if that helps. :)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 06:42:10 PM »
Unfortunately, ignoring the phone call isn't a guarantee either. The only surefire solution found, at this point, is to actually uninstall ITF.

It does appear that opportunies related to rabbit-holes are working, but so far, I've had them not fire when I:

Ignore the call
Take the call
Am on a community lot and ignore the call
Am on a community lot and take the call
Go from the home lot to a community lot and ignore the call
Go from the home lot to a community lot and take the call

However, I've had them definitively fire for the Laser Rhythm-a-con skill...

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 04:42:46 AM »
Thanks Shirin, if it's that bad a bug I may just bite the bullet and uninstall, frustrating as that is. Really hope they fix this soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 08:45:25 PM »
Is anyone else still having this problem?  I just got into the future a few weeks ago, and I am having this problem.  It is a shame, I am really enjoying the game play.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 08:47:29 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, it was never fixed and has very little chance of ever being fixed. Sucks. :(
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 08:55:02 PM »
Here I was thinking of getting this thing, pardon the pun that I never attended, in the future. Now I see this and glad I never did, and probably never will. Even though opportunities aren't really a big concern of not seeing them. I actually find them annoying.

Offline kusurusu

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 07:20:49 AM »
It should still be possible to get skill opportunites. There are only two opportunities that your Sim rejects if you are not in Oasis Landing (both have a high chance to trigger a phone call) and 32 more from World Adventures if you are not in the base world.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 07:46:42 AM »
The problem is that there is coding in ITF that, when a phone rings with an opportunity, if your sim is not inside a rabbithole, they will automatically decline the opportunity - you don't receive the popup window. The only exceptions I am aware of is related specifically to ITF opportunities - the ones in Oasis Landing, and a couple to do with the new instrument, Laser Rhythm-a-con.

Offline kusurusu

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 10:05:07 AM »
Your sim declined these opportunities because he doesn't satisfy all requirements (popup wouldn't even appear if sim doesn't answer) and they do only trigger a phone call if you are not in the target world.

And before you ask again why you get only ITF opportunities: They have a much higher chance (500) to trigger a phone call than those from the other expansions (there are a few exceptions).

May I post a tuning mod here or do you know how to create your own? If so, you just have to remove the first two <ChanceToGetOnPhone>500</ChanceToGetOnPhone> lines.

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 01:14:27 PM »
Even without ITF, there seems to be a chance when your Sim receives a phone call, they'll talk and then decline whatever it was and hang up. But this only happens a few times.
Most of the time, opportunity does come knocking for my Sim(s).

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 02:09:17 PM »
Actually Benie, I know a fix for that one. You just have to click the "Ignore Call" button.